As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BSOD: Mv91xx.sys the root cause?

CulverCulver Registered User regular
Hello everyone.

So I keep getting a BSOD on my computer that I believe is being caused by the Mv91xx.sys, which according to google is my Marvell Sata Controller.

Here is the Crash dump (btw, you have to go through way too many hoops to be able to read these things):
Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\040913-10452-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18044.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03013000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03257670
Debug session time: Mon Apr 8 23:31:58.413 2013 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:12:39.256
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3D, {fffff80000b9bf60, 0, 0, fffff8800114978e}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mv91xx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mv91xx.sys
Probably caused by : mv91xx.sys ( mv91xx+3178e )

So.... I was looking around and trying to find a new driver, however i'm unable to find one. My storage controllers are a Jmicron JMB36X controller and a Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller. I have tried to find updated drivers and use them. However I keep getting the BSOD. Any advice?

Brawl FC: 3050-7350-3428
360 GamerTag: Culver42
Sc2 Beta ID : Culver. Culver

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    When in doubt, uninstall your antivirus. Seriously, I did driver development and most random bluescreens were the AV's fault

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Bugcheck 3D, that's an odd one, give me a minute.

Quick runthrough, when did this error start occurring, and have you tried a system restore to a date before the error occurred? If you don't know when the errors started occurring, download a program called BlueScreenView, run that and look at the dates.

Troubleshooting step #2: run a system file check using system file checker (also try removing antivirus too)
    1) open an administrator command prompt (start, type cmd in the search box, right click and click run as administrator)
    2) type sfc /scannow and hit enter
    3) wait for the scan to complete and note any unfixable errors

Draygo on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Doing some quick research 3d is interrupt exception not handled error and can be caused by incorrect memory timings on the motherboard. You can try to fix this by loading optimized defaults in the bios, keep in mind that if you are using any kind of RAID you will need to set the RAID settings back the way they were.

Additional: When reinstalling your drivers make sure you are using the proper WHQL drivers.

Also what is your motherboards model number?

Draygo on
  • Options
    CulverCulver Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Doing some quick research 3d is interrupt exception not handled error and can be caused by incorrect memory timings on the motherboard. You can try to fix this by loading optimized defaults in the bios, keep in mind that if you are using any kind of RAID you will need to set the RAID settings back the way they were.

Additional: When reinstalling your drivers make sure you are using the proper WHQL drivers.

I'm at work right now so i'm unable to do this atm, though I will try it when I get home thanks! I believe this started about a week ago and I have system restored to a previous date before this occurred. Only to have this happen again to me in a few hours. I'll try the bios settings when I get back, and I'll use the drivers from the disk given to me and see what happens.

Once again, thanks for the help!

Brawl FC: 3050-7350-3428
    360 GamerTag: Culver42
    Sc2 Beta ID : Culver. Culver
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

Also what is your motherboards model number?

He's running 7/x64, there's no way he's running un-WHQLed drivers. You have to jump through too many hoops to do that