As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 4/10/13: It's worm sex, isn't it?

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Graphic Violence
Avengers #9, or should I say Avenjerks #9?
avengers9a_zpsd3409f3c.jpg

That worm brain was a gift from Nihlo's pods, trying to make the Earth become sentient. It attacked Nightmask and Kevin blew it up. The Avengers are upset even though he didn't kill anyone:

avengers9b_zps89bc4b2e.jpg

avengers9c_zps95509c99.jpg

avengers9d_zpse6642d19.jpg

Hawkeye #9, Fraction will run the bro thing into the ground or bro trying, bro! Plus a sad moment, bro yourself, and be on the lookout for a Charles Bronson bro:
hawkeye9a_zpse7379740.jpg

hawkeye9b_zps1d65a05d.jpg

hawkeye9c_zps6f673d51.jpg

hawkeye9d_zps4c26eb0e.jpg

hawkeye9e_zps601f8803.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #4, see Scott's tots goof around, and the reveal of the other new teammate from ANXM #10:
uncannyxmen4a_zps9494b541.jpg

uncannyxmen4b_zps6fbf0f3f.jpg

uncannyxmen4c_zpsa39ec6cf.jpg

uncannyxmen4d_zpsf886f733.jpg

G-Man: Coming Home #2, who hasn't heard of pizza and conspiracy theories about hero's dying?

gmanch2a_zpsdb8205ed.jpg

gmanch2b_zpscc99f8ae.jpg

While G-Man and Great Man were gone during Cape Crisis there were expose films about what happened to Great Man's body:

gmanch2c_zps5e2ceab0.jpg

gmanch2d_zpsf0948e0a.jpg

TexiKen on

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    hawkeye best comic forever

7656367.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    as they are both charles bronsons

7656367.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man, Bachalo just loves that t-shape on costumes

he's used it on the new Warbird, Emma Frost, Lady Mastermind, and Tempus (although hers isn't a cut-out)

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    well, the T stands for...... :winky:
    tracing :rotate:

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I dunno about the Avengers being jerks

Star-Brand is crazy powerful and clearly doesn't have a firm handle on his abilities. If the dude can hold off Hyperion, Hulk and Thor without a sweat he's not really a person that they should let walk around unchecked.
    putting him and Nightmask as far away from Earth while still being under Avengers watch as possible is a smart movie

CYpGAPn.png
    He's powerful, but he only defends himself, he never actively attacked anyone or anything.
    it really feels like a bigger version of what is happening to the new mutants in Uncanny, they get powers, don't know what to do, and the response is a Hulk and a Hyperion thrown in their face to make them flinch in self defense. It also feels like he's placing what happened at the college at Kevin's feet, which is not cool.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    They Planet Hulk'd him

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    TexiKen wrote: »
    He's powerful, but he only defends himself, he never actively attacked anyone or anything.
    it really feels like a bigger version of what is happening to the new mutants in Uncanny, they get powers, don't know what to do, and the response is a Hulk and a Hyperion thrown in their face to make them flinch in self defense. It also feels like he's placing what happened at the college at Kevin's feet, which is not cool.
    Well
    they still barely know what is going on

the only sources of information they have are Nightmask, who speaks in babble and half-truths most of the time, and Captain Universe who is worse.

They know that there is something with the multiverse and planetary defense systems and this college just blew up and there is a man with god-powers in the center of it who can take on Earth's strongest heroes with no real effort at all.

And while Star-Brand does act in defense, he still doesn't have any control over his powers. Dude killed Earth, like the entire conciousness of the planet. He even admits he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Plus, it isn't like they are Planet Hulking him, he's in the solar system, in a space station that Tony Stark is constantly monitoring and supervising.

CYpGAPn.png
    I could get that if he was being an Alpha like in ASM and being a brat, but as it is
    Cap says they don't have time to deal with Kevin's power, and it's only been what, a day at the most? He's seen the kid twice and he's already decided to throw in the towel for the time being? It's just not consistent with how the team and characters act or have acted with others of super level powers (like the Sentry, Simon or again, Wanda, they just gave her over to her father), even as little as six months ago.

If this is going to be the new Avengers stance, go for it, just enforce it with some of the others you have on your roster right now.

At least with the Hulk Marvel brought back the idea he kills a lot of people when he rampages to justify shooting him into space, which was then removed in World War Hulk.

But
    We don't even know how they are treating him on the station.

For all we know Tony is monitoring Nightmask and Star-Lord for eventual membership on the team. Hell, I bet that is exactly what he is doing since Hickman has said the full roster isn't done yet and they are certainly going to be recurring.

They just had to shut down the situation ASAP because things are kind of fucked after the first arc(which is still very recent to the characters). Sites across the world filled with freakish creatures that are killing people, godlike beings showing up and doing the impossible, an entire college wiped off the face of the Earth. The Avengers have got a lot of shit on their plate right now.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Also (avengers)
    The station is just a place they can be where they don't end up killing anyone as they learn how to wield their powers/sort out the situation. Nightmask can teleport and Star-Brand could just fly back or something. A space station ain't exactly a prison to either of these guys.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I kinda don't get it.
    Not that there really is an ideal position for putting someone who is too powerful to understand, but is it really that smart to, uh, have him in the Stark Sphere or whatever?

Well like Crawfish said
    they probably can't really keep him trapped in there if he wasn't cooperating in some fashion.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    It's more like a time-out corner to prevent more stress/accidents, I guess.

edited April 2013
    I see how your Avenger minds work,
    just putting people away in rooms millions of miles away because you fear and don't understand them, just send some giant robots out there too!

TexiKen on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hey, spoiler tags. i still havent read the issue yet.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    avengers in general lately
    just seem to have an incredibly low tolerance for basically anything that they didn't make themselves

its like "super powered people meet each other for the first time and have to fight every time" times a million

2x39jD4.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Well every time they meet somebody new
    Cap: Hey buddy, you ok? We're here to help.
    New Person: omg it's cap WHY IS CAP HERE *react like a crazy person*

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    From Thor: God Of Thunder #7, a comic book so metal it should not be printed on paper but instead painted on the backpatches of sleeveless, studded denim jackets, Old Bearded Odinesque Future Thor and Young Non-Bearded Daddy Issues Modern-Day Thor prepare for super-apocalyptic battle with Gorr The Godslayer in proper Asgardian fashion:
    GUCXV4o.jpg?1

FJuH6Yx.jpg?1

hawkeye best comic forever

Secret Avengers was pretty good
    192 days since our last helicarrier crash

Also AIM is using Jocosta and Mentallo to basically turn the Iron Patriot armor into a true AI.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I love JL8
    tumblr_ml22z2GVAP1r7ni1io1_1280.jpg

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    Lawndart wrote: »
    From Thor: God Of Thunder #7, a comic book so metal it should not be printed on paper but instead painted on the backpatches of sleeveless, studded denim jackets, Old Bearded Odinesque Future Thor and Young Non-Bearded Daddy Issues Modern-Day Thor prepare for super-apocalyptic battle with Gorr The Godslayer in proper Asgardian fashion:
    GUCXV4o.jpg?1

FJuH6Yx.jpg?1
    "god of bombs" totally took away the seriousness of that last page

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Batman #19 from the backup, Superman checks in on Batman after his son's death.
    1YPRneq.jpg

TpmgBoV.jpg

YMnKwxZ.jpg

Saga #12 Prince Robot IV is a pretty great "villain"
    U534sJQ.jpg

QzIUoUL.jpg

sT3IlAi.jpg

Uncanny Avengers #6 Speaking of Thor being metal, his first win against Apocalypse!
    WHtHyqZ.jpg

PgwKdPE.jpg

OQiPJ19.jpg

Ultimate Comics Ultimates #23 Cap doesnt like it hit laddies (has no issues with cats though it seems!)
    FSjty1I.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • ryvenryven Registered User regular
    why didnt they call each other by their first names in that backup (batman 19), i thought they were bros

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    look at all those pouches

cap must have brought snacks for everyone

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    I swear Captain America and Ironman are just these two grumpy bossy dads. They get on my nerves so hard.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
    Uncanny Avengers
    So Kang appears to get the Jarnbjorn from Baron Mordo's head. I'm assuming that's in the future, since as far as I know, Baron Mordo's alive at this point in time. I wonder if this is foreshadowing Thor losing access to Mjolnir for some reason in the future and using his old axe instead.

Also, it's kind of funny that Kang poses at Loki, considering how many times Loki has posed as other people.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Uncanny Avengers
    So Kang appears to get the Jarnbjorn from Baron Mordo's head. I'm assuming that's in the future, since as far as I know, Baron Mordo's alive at this point in time. I wonder if this is foreshadowing Thor losing access to Mjolnir for some reason in the future and using his old axe instead.

Also, it's kind of funny that Kang poses at Loki, considering how many times Loki has posed as other people.

It said "Brazil, Today"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So, in Avengers..
    they just killed the Earth's brain, right? Te other pods are going to turn the planet into a living organism still, though, right?

So, in Avengers..
    they just killed the Earth's brain, right? Te other pods are going to turn the planet into a living organism still, though, right?

What happens when any other organism loses the brain or central nervous system?

Also is this gonna end up involving Ego: The Living Planet!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    So, in Avengers..

well, I'd expect the Earth to wind up brain dead or at least super feral, but given that it's being built out of thousands or millions of smaller creature, losing it's brain may not be entirely fatal.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oh man, my motw now is knowing there's new G-man!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    So, in Avengers..

I don't know, Earth didn't have a brain until Ex Nihilo gave it one.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hawk eye comic of the week

However re: last page

I mad bro

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    My new fav Hawkeye moment: issue 8
    "Im an Avenger."
    "Are you Iron Fist?"
    "Getz why does everybody keep asking me that?"

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, in Avengers..

I don't know, Earth didn't have a brain until Ex Nihilo gave it one.

Yeah, like it literally had a brain for seven seconds and then went back to not having one. I don't know how big a deal that will be.

Of course, the other organism 'sites' might manifest in a different way. Maybe their evolutions will have something to do with the terms Ex Nihilo was saying when we say them. The beach worm-brain was shown when 'Self Awareness' was mentioned. Others are 'Self-Repair,' 'reproduction...' Who knows.

H9f4bVe.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm way behind on Avengers stuff.

Who's Kevin?

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the new Star Brand

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Avenging Spider-Man #19 continues to be fantastic. Otto has to battle a lovecraftian nightmare version of his father. But is that the only battle going on in his head?
    avsm%2019%201.jpg
    avsm%2019%202.jpg
    avsm%2019%203.jpg
    avsm%2019%204.jpg

That art!
    Avenging has become my favourite solo book with the last few issue

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb