As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, April 8, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 43: Downloadable Consumerism

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, April 8, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 43: Downloadable Consumerism

FAQ Feeds Schedule Subscribe to PATV

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    The hair! It has a life of its OOOWN.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    SimCity: The gift that keeps on giving.

Maybe I should thank them for giving me a new crystal clear example of why I hate them as a publisher. (Spore was getting a little old)

• Options
    WarmthWarmth Registered User regular
    Your jokes at the expense of Diablo III should have made me laugh, but they just made me sad.

• Options
    Casey ReeceCasey Reece Registered User regular
    Spot on with the Zynga comparison.

• Options
    TransientMindTransientMind Registered User regular
    Hm. I wonder why Poker Night doesn't give us the option to choose which guys we'll be at the table with. Too many recorded conversation combos? I sank way more hours than is sensible into the first one, and am embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I would probably buy DLC with new characters.

• Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    "The hair! It has a life of its OOOWN."

That would be the TressFX.

I refused to believe that the Poker Night 2 lineup was anything other than a 4/1 joke until confirmed (ironically, on a satire show). I picked up the first Poker Night because of reasons, and then drifted away when it seemed more and more like the AI was just behaving randomly, regardless of difficulty setting.

This time, I almost certainly will pick it up entirely on the strength of Brock Samson and GlaDOS.

• Options
    Zachary AmaranthZachary Amaranth Registered User regular
    Now I want a grumpy cat video game.

Also, Kojima toying with us is the best part of any of his games. He's a far better marketer than he is a game maker.

• Options
    Titanium DragonTitanium Dragon Registered User regular
    Poor Diablo III. You are such a well designed looter game.

It is too bad that you have proven that looter games are not fun, no matter how well designed they are. Not that we shouldn't all have already known that.

• Options
    wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    Pretentious was pretty much what I thought when I heard about that "A Game for Someone" BS. I feel sad that future generations will know of our gaming culture based on that thing. A game that has only been play tested by an AI? No doubt it will be the most boring piece of tat that has never been played.

• Options
    Iron LungIron Lung Registered User regular
    I thought for a sec that was Nathan Drake.
    No. OH NO.
    This is MUCH better!

• Options
    Blue_TromboneBlue_Trombone Registered User new member
    Is it bad that I wanted another Homestar Runner character in Poker Night just so we could get 5-10 new lines of original dialogue?

I miss H*R...

• Options
    Sterling7Sterling7 Registered User regular
    Y'know, something like "Senet" actually passes on some valuable and interesting things about ancient Egyptian culture. Jason Rohrer's game just tells future generations that our present day was the home for at least one massive pretentious wanker with w-a-a-a-y too much time on his hands, to which they will probably say, "good riddance".

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    Professor Pigglesworth DLC=Day 1 purchase

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TroquTroqu Registered User new member
    So like most other people you left out that the he said the gold auction house was worst for the game than the real money one was. Also I have yet to see a good argument for what they could have done better to protect players from shady item purchase sites. If they hadn't put in the auction houses those would be flooding the internet stealing peoples credit cards.

• Options
    staplegun07staplegun07 Registered User regular
    Professor Pigglesworth pins please! Also, I want you to make that DLC... just as a background, or a .gif, or really anything that I can plaster all over the internet for everyone to enjoy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Why Telltale? GLaDOS has an annoying voice. The only way you could have made it worse would be if you used Wheatley instead.

likalaruku on
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Troqu wrote: »
    So like most other people you left out that the he said the gold auction house was worst for the game than the real money one was. Also I have yet to see a good argument for what they could have done better to protect players from shady item purchase sites. If they hadn't put in the auction houses those would be flooding the internet stealing peoples credit cards.

Dishonest argument is dishonest.

Saying that one bad thing was worse than the money-grubbing disguised as a good idea doesn't refute that Blizzard was money-grubbing.

"I don't see any of you come up with better ideas," automatically sets off alarms in my head.
    It's essentially attempting to defend an arbitrary authority while attempting to shame critics into silence.
    It's basically an authoritarian argument. I mislike authoritarian arguments.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Kathleen's pigs humping gestures were awesomely enthusiastic.

• Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Humanity's Last Game: Thowdown.

Option A: A bunch of treasure hunters read about it & throw a metal detecting convention. Winner calls over friends to play. They get bored with game in less than half an hour. Game ends up as a bookshelf trophy, box gets more use.

Option 2: Archaeologists in the future find it. Since they aren't legally allowed to keep anything they find, it gets studied in a lab, dated, & put on display in a museum without ever being played.

Option 3: Humanity meets it's doom. Game is never found.

likalaruku on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Kathleen's pigs humping gestures were awesomely enthusiastic.

I was quite offended! Should be reported for being so porcine.

• Options
    johnnywhitebreadjohnnywhitebread Registered User regular
    The only time in my life that I have ever thought to myself "I wish I weren't eating a popsicle right now," was at 2:46 with that dog. I just imagined some Nissan exec quoting Stinky Wizzleteats' infamous line "'I don't think you're happy enough. That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!' THAT'S HOW GOD DAMNED HAPPY A NISSAN LEAF WILL MAKE YOU!"