As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Karaoke?

staplersareshinystaplersareshiny Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
So there's a ton of stuff to do after the Thursday dinner already, but I wanted to see if there was anyone else who was interested in finding a karaoke bar and singing a few.

Anyone in Seattle know any good places close to the hotels?

466B29B67FEF7.png
staplersareshiny on

• Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm not sure of whats around Seattle, but if it's a go I'd be down for Karaoke! Because while I'm definitely up for the pre-pax dinner and movie, I think I'd rather go play Karaoke and mingle with a bunch of other pax-goers then head to the nerdcore show. ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's a Karaoke place downtown that is relatively close. You reserve a room where people sit around and take turns and you can bring alcohol and stuffs. But the best places I've been to for karaoke have all been on the outskirts, my favorite being The Rickshaw up in Greenwood.

Who knows how much hilarity can be packed into one weekend, but this might be a good release one night, just for turds and laffs.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    There's a Karaoke place downtown that is relatively close. You reserve a room where people sit around and take turns and you can bring alcohol and stuffs. But the best places I've been to for karaoke have all been on the outskirts, my favorite being The Rickshaw up in Greenwood.

Who knows how much hilarity can be packed into one weekend, but this might be a good release one night, just for turds and laffs.
    I prefer the Mandarin Gate over the Rickshaw. I used to live on 105th & Aurora so I was like right between the two bars.

The Gate has (IMO) a better setup & better service... Rickshaw has a better book. But Frankie at the Gate makes drinks strong & the hosts there actually know how to run a decent rotation.

The place downtown where you can rent rooms is called Seattle's Best Karaoke and they're kinda sticklers about bringing alcohol into your room (if they catch you with it, without a "banquet permit" they'll charge you $100 and make you stop drinking). I'm not a huge fan of private room karaoke anyway...

nearlysober on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's the name of the place...

I enjoy the Mandarin Gate greatly as well, and the only reason I would choose the Rickshaw is the amount of "character" that the regular participants display.

But yeah, service and set-up; Mandarin Gate wins.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wow, thanks! I've always sang at a bar, never done the rent-a-room thing. If it's just a few people that might be the way to go dependent on the price.

Anyone else interested?

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We need to get the whole group to sing Bohemian Rhapsody so we can do the "magnifico-o-o-o" thing. Also, I kinda want to sing Mr. Roboto.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Best place to do Karaoke that I know of is the Japanese/American bar next to Pink Godzilla in downtown Seattle, in the international district. Who else has been there?

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This is getting so out of hand that I'm in.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Seriously, I didn't expect this kind of reaction. I was pretty sure I was going to get laughed out of the forums for even asking.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have heard good things about the place in the same building as Pink Godzillia, but I think it is also a private room deal. I know the Funhouse near the seattle center also does Karoke though I am not sure what nights. Their is also Bush Gardens in the ID as well.

TheProphetElijah on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I happen to have the karaoke place by pink godzilla's business card in my hand.

Edit: Link was bad :-\
    Phone number if anyone wants to reserve a room: 206-264-1779

You can have a room for unlimited use between 8pm-2am for $12.50 per person.

Also there hourly rates per room are:
    up to 4 ppl: $20 5-10 ppl: $30 over 10 ppl: $40

atray on
  • Options
    GodSinGodSin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    lol I think Karaoke would be awsome... nothing like trying to sing when your smashed ;)

GodSin on
  • Options
    KirbyPuckettKirbyPuckett Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We have this thing in Pittsburgh called Baraoke it's at a strip club and the women dance around you while you sing. It's the trashiest thing ever created.

...and by "trashiest" I mean "amazing."

KirbyPuckett on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, that's happened to me before, but they most definitely not were not strippers.

So what do you guys sing?

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    KirbyPuckettKirbyPuckett Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I will never sing. I'm tone deaf and yeah it's just bad.

KirbyPuckett on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My main performance song would have to be "Paul Revere" by The Beastie Boys. Always a crowd pleaser and I have it completely memorized.

I also like to sing "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers... a few Neil Diamond songs... a couple Johnny Cash songs & a few Creedence Clearwater Revival songs.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    My buddy and I did an incredible version of "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing a couple of weeks ago. Brought. Down. The. House.

Not really, but we were buzzed enough to remember it that way... though we did get a couple of high fives. Probably because it was two dudes singing.

Next time I have to break out a little Journey and do "Open Arms".

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I like Johnny Cash, too. I grew up with Country so I still sing some old country songs every now and then. Also liking some Micheal Buble and Ok Go lately.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    GodSinGodSin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    and of course there is always SIr Mix ALot :D you cant do Karaoke without singing that song

GodSin on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I like Johnny Cash, too. I grew up with Country so I still sing some old country songs every now and then. Also liking some Micheal Buble and Ok Go lately.
    Ok Go, good choice. I can't believe I forgot Kansas! I've had Carry On Wayward Son stuck in my head ever since clearing it on Expert.

edit: Oh, oh, Bob Dylan! Tangled Up In Blue? Silvio? Down In The Flood?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I know what you mean, I had to put that on my iPod after playing it in GHII.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Muskrat Love....

Anyone?

Anyone?

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sounds good to me. Maybe we should make a list of duets to sing? I think we should start with Hotsakes idea and all of us do Bohemian Rhapsody.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    RisseRisse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The karaoke place by Pink Godzilla is a room-by-rent sort, but is also completely filthy. At least it was when I went there a few years ago. :(

Risse on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I went there two weeks ago and it looked pretty cool. Seemed like they remodeled.

atray on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i like the admiral pub in west seattle. it's a bit of a drive (not too bad), but is free admission, good karaoke, and jaeger on tap. nice place.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not to be a thread necromancer but is this still on? I wanna sing with you guys!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    BacksliderBackslider Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would looove to Karaoke!!

Backslider on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'd love to but I'll be signing up people for Patient Zero Thursday night. If we could do it right after dinner I might be able to squeeze some singing in.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'd still like to do this.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i like the admiral pub in west seattle.

do you mean the Yen Wor Village next door to the pub? Or does the pub now have karaoke too?

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HotSake wrote: »
    I'd still like to do this.

Dee Kae on
This discussion has been closed.