As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie/Biscuit Brigade - Attack of the Bickie Bandits!

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    tokyodove wrote: »
    if somebody made a batch of anzac biscuits i would grant them their hearts desire
    If someone doesn't make a batch of ANZACs I will cook a few batches myself. It would be un-strayan otherwise.

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    zerochosen wrote: »
    tokyodove wrote: »
    if somebody made a batch of anzac biscuits i would grant them their hearts desire
    If someone doesn't make a batch of ANZACs I will cook a few batches myself. It would be un-strayan otherwise.

Dear Sir,

Your use of strayan on a day other than Australia Day has been noted.

In future please refrain from its use on any other day other than the 26th of January.

Regards,

Society

:D

Australia day weekend still counts! Punch on yooze!

• Freeman_78Freeman_78 Melbourne Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I read that you may need a place to do some cooking!
    I work security at Holmsglen TAFE and maybe able to smooze my way into their good books to use their training cooking facilites at the Waverley Campus. Some idea of numbers and a date would be great to get the ball rolling.

Mark V

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So we may have been neglecting you Aussies a bit the last couple months while our main crew focused on East. But now we're shifting focus to you!

We just had a record breaking weekend and we want to bring the joy and good will down your way. We plan to bring a couple of our core admins down to help get things set up and running smoothly, but we need some help. Plane tickets from US to Australia are expensive! If you want to help us get there and make sure the Cookie Brigade works, consider donating to our travel funds: http://www.gofundme.com/paxaus

To get a better idea of our amazing teama no the work they do, check out this infographic of our East 2013 accomplishments: http://infogr.am/Cookie-Brigade---PAX-East-2013-Infosplosion/

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    Fantastic numbers! Not sure if we can beat it, but I'll be happy to help try :)

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Been lazy, but just signed up. Happy to help out distributing, and potentially bribing my wife to bake, since I am only skilled at making my not-so-delicious Charcoalies

lava-field-biscuit.jpg

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Aww that poor cookie. If there's enough unburnt portion on top, you can run a cheese grater over the bottom to scrape off the burnt part and still have a decent cookie. Or look into no-bake recipes :)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    Mmmm, Carcinogenic. :)

I follow the simple rule - "Whatever doesn't kill you will only make stronger violently ill"

• TrizoeTrizoe Registered User regular
    I make "special" cookies if you know what I mean.

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    i support the cookie brigade so long as there's no ANZAC biscuits....cos i think the yanks will go "WTF?" and I dislike the taste and texture myself personally.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
    thegh0sts wrote: »
    I dislike the taste and texture myself personally.

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY /endthecookiehate :P

i don't know many asian people who actually like ANZAC biscuits really! do you?

LOL Its not generally a topic of conversation when I grew up in Box Hill in Melbourne (primarily an highly asian suburb). It was more me getting my ass kicked at Street Fighter or King of Fighters, then proceeding to get 1 shotted at CStrike at the local net cafe...ahh the days..now I'm stuck in a backwater regional victorian town where their idea of decent asian food is lemon chicken and beef and black bean /wrists I WANT MY YUM CHA DAMMIT

• MelaynaMelayna Registered User regular
    I actually really really enjoy anzac biscuits, i'm not sure what's not to like? It's not like Vegemite/marmite/promite (gross), for some reason i like Bovril though.

I'm going to laugh if your version of backwater town is something like Bendigo. Also Yumcha is very hard to do in low population area's, even if only on a weekend. It's a HELL of a lot of work, some places i've seen have resorted to using a lot of premade frozen stuff but it isn't traditional yum cha i'll give you that.

Work is making me take leave (way too many Annual leave hours, i'm a potential OH/S liability so it was either take plan some leave or we plan it for you), so i took like all of PAX week off I think i'll come and join the brigade. :)

• TsolisTsolis Registered User new member
    So whats the difference between a cookie and a biscuit?

• DaCrawDaCraw Registered User regular
    Culture.

---
  • NeenerNeener Registered User regular
    Ah, I wish I could participate, make a Warcraft ! Quest marker and make a cookie a reward.

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular

A bunch of my mates are "Asian" although they identify as Aussie, they love them. It was something they didn't get at home very often. I depends on how you eat them. I have always maintained that ANZAC biscuit is not an ANZAC biscuit until its just on or over the verge of being stale. Right when its tough enough to use as amunition, remember the boys in gallopoli didnt get them fresh cooked, they had to be sent their in the mail packet.

We should probably leave ANZAC biscuits out of the cookie brigade though. As to sell anyting with the word ANZAC on it you need permission from the minister for defence's office which is why Subway stopped selling them cause the MOD said change the recipe back to the original, subway declined.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Suntory_TimesSuntory_Times Registered User regular
    FatSoDa wrote: »

A bunch of my mates are "Asian" although they identify as Aussie, they love them. It was something they didn't get at home very often. I depends on how you eat them. I have always maintained that ANZAC biscuit is not an ANZAC biscuit until its just on or over the verge of being stale. Right when its tough enough to use as amunition, remember the boys in gallopoli didnt get them fresh cooked, they had to be sent their in the mail packet.

We should probably leave ANZAC biscuits out of the cookie brigade though. As to sell anyting with the word ANZAC on it you need permission from the minister for defence's office which is why Subway stopped selling them cause the MOD said change the recipe back to the original, subway declined.

Well your not selling are you? Therefore it is not an issue.

Well your not selling are you? Therefore it is not an issue.

Glad you could make out what I wrote there, that was some pretty good Netlish(net - english). I guess if no money changes hands it should be fine. At the end of the day I doubt that tourism Victoria, or the federal government would care, so long as no-one in the brigade did anything negative with the name ANZAC. However there is always that guy, you know stay of my lawn guy - your flagpole is too tall guy - your dog barks in the day guy, that guy, who will make a fuss about something. So i just thought i drop it in and let the people doing the cooking make the choices.

BrianC

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I guess you don't have to call them ANZAC...........War Cookie / bici

vjreddy12 on
    tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
    PAXZACs!
    ANZPAXs?

PAXcakes! .... ooohh... now thats an idea...poffetjes (dutch mini pancakes) would be awesome..

PAXZAC.... this has legs

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    I'm going to be baking some anzacs this arvo (just for myself [insert forever alone joke here]), how many do you think would you have to bake for it to be worth it? How many I could potentially bake depends entirely on if I am working Thursday etc.

either way @FatSoDa I am not a big fan of ANZAC biscuits cos for me there's no flavour.

Is anyone able to get to the cookie brigade link in the first post? Used to work for me, but its just a dud link for the last few days...or have the IT guys at my office blocked it?

Is anyone able to get to the cookie brigade link in the first post? Used to work for me, but its just a dud link for the last few days...or have the IT guys at my office blocked it?

It's down.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

It's down.

They've updated themselves quite a bit :) and sadly must have forgotten to post the new digs here! I shall fix it for them

http://cookiebrigade.org/

• robertrencerobertrence Registered User regular
    Thanks for updating folks zerzhul! We should have the forwarding set up in a few hours. Sorry for the confusion!

PAX Prime to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] Nachos: [] Cookies: []
    PAX South to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] BBQ: [] Cookies: []

brigadebanner2013.png
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Hey guys!

So I wasn't expecting hosting for the old site to go down quite that quickly, so I hadn't had time to set up forwarding with the registrar itself, I was actually waiting for the transfer to finish. Whoopsie!

It's been set up now so the old domain should now primarily forward to our new snazzy domain cookiebrigade.org, though please keep in mind that DNS can take 24-48 hours sometimes to propagate. We own both domains along with a few others for the brigade, so feel free to use the new domain itself rather then the old one. I promise the new site is uber snazzy.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The new site is super snazzy

Pretty...though I seem to be stuck in limbo..i signed up at the old site a fortnight ago (about the same time you switched sites) and was waiting on someone to verify my access to the brigadier forum, and hadnt heard anything..so Ive just signed up at the new site (since it said my email address wasnt on file), once i get that completed I guess I need to apply to join as a brigadier again :P

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Pretty...though I seem to be stuck in limbo..i signed up at the old site a fortnight ago (about the same time you switched sites) and was waiting on someone to verify my access to the brigadier forum, and hadnt heard anything..so Ive just signed up at the new site (since it said my email address wasnt on file), once i get that completed I guess I need to apply to join as a brigadier again :P

hmm I don't remember seeing an app for you on the old site, but then again the old site was plagued with 100 or so spam accounts on a daily basis and it was tough to keep up with. The new site is MUCH better and we shouldn't lose track of any apps. It should be a much quicker process now!

fss_overall.png
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    So as it's been mentioned, the Cookie Brigade has a new site, with a new forum and all sorts of new stuff. If you're planning on attending PAX Aus and helping out with the brigade (or are in Aus and don't plan to attend but are willing to bake) please sign up on the site if you have not already done so! I'd really like to get a head count soon of how many volunteers we have.

(If you had been approved on the old site, your login should work on the new site.)

http://www.cookiebrigade.org/

fss_overall.png
    Hey Aeryn, for some reason I'm not getting any confrirmation emails - I've checked spam / filters etc (its hotmail) and still nothing. I noted there was an issue on the new site with emails - is that still in effect? I've tried resending it and still nothing..

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Hey Aeryn, for some reason I'm not getting any confrirmation emails - I've checked spam / filters etc (its hotmail) and still nothing. I noted there was an issue on the new site with emails - is that still in effect? I've tried resending it and still nothing..

We had an issue earlier today with the reverse DNS records for the server IP. I've fixed it, but it takes time to propagate, longer then even the domain.

For now make sure you whitelist webmaster@cookiebrigade.org and if you want feel free to PM me or Aeryn your username on the brigade forums here and we'll manually activate it. Aeryn can then add you as a brigadier since I'm assuming her or Punzie worked on your app.

But yeah the old site was being overwhelmed by spam bots and its possible your account was lost when i judiciously pruned out those accounts during the migration. Didn't want to bring over any of the nasty buggers.

Edit: Just approved a couple accounts manually, I saw one of those was yours fitz. :)

ransim on
    Thanks Ransim , just filled out an app to be a Brigadier as well. Appreciate the quick response :)

so can you be an enforcer and part of the cookie brigade?

This discussion has been closed.