As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Animorphs: The End (YEERKS WIN)

• real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeap this was a damn exciting game. It had its ups (I think the fembot vs. Nuzak vote was probably the most exciting part, especially when we realized that we had tied up the vote. I was literally jumping around the house giggling at that point) and it had its downs, fer sure.

real_pochacco on
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, I was bitter about that too. Scarlet Ave. leaving his vote on Nuzak was pretty disappointing.

That's what's funny about a game where you try to pretend your alliances, but have a busy life, it often ends up kicking your own team in the teeth.

I definitely enjoyed the Rane vs cj debate that Meister and I had with what seemed like everyone. I was definitely bitter about being converted that turn as well, but I saw it coming, so, whatever.

AkimboLegs on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I think the most exciting part for me was when...

Wait I don't have an exciting part because I died on day 1.

At least I was deemed important enough to be killed by BOTH SIDES at the same time.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll tell you what Zot. I will refrain from voting for you for at least the first 4 days of the revolution!

Unless, you know, you're evil...

Or ya know, whatever.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, so what was the Yeerk strategy? It seems like at the beginning they converted people who weren't very active posters, etc., but then by the mid game or so they were taking the best and brightest, as it were.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    I have always had a problem with the first round deaths, you know? Obviously it's hard to get anything rolling without something, but it really sucks.

AkimboLegs on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Who bit the vote tonight?

Green on
    edited August 2007
    DrCongo won by 1 vote.

edit: or, I guess, that means he lost haha

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    DrCongo (8)
    real_pochacco
    CJTheran
    Seta 3000
    scarlet st.
    SpeedySwaf
    Qorzm
    randomproxy
    PotU

real_pochacco (7)
    DrCongo – Original Controller
    AkimboLegs - Controller
    g01iath - Controller
    Meister - Controller
    Shenanigans - Original Controller (Tom)
    SojakFA - Not David, But A Controller
    FreeAgent

CJTheran (1)
    Shankill Butcher - Controller

Didn't Vote (4)
    manaleak34
    WhiteZinfandel
    mrpaku
    precisionk

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, so what was the Yeerk strategy? It seems like at the beginning they converted people who weren't very active posters, etc., but then by the mid game or so they were taking the best and brightest, as it were.

My pushes were either that seemed to have information, were in the network, or were vocal.

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    When was Qorzm taken? He was pretty much the only other strategist left besides me for the end there (the last 3-4 days or so).

real_pochacco on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I just sent Green the count
    Between City of Heroes, and this girl on AIM, I forgot about it

Me Too! on
  • CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wooo I'm alive.

Let's all party down at my house; I have crackers and bottled water.

CJTheran on
    edited August 2007
    Not the last turn, but the turn before that.

WAIT NO ONE POST ANYTHING

LET GREEN HAVE TOTP PAGE 200.

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    What type of crackers?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Fuck you Free Agent I hate you go to hell go to hell and you die you're not invited to the party runon sentence go go go no punctuation wheee

CJTheran on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    When was Qorzm taken? He was pretty much the only other strategist left besides me for the end there (the last 3-4 days or so).

it was the best of times

Qorzm on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Freeagent, that's alright. I'm probably going to die night one anyway. That's the way it's been for the last 4 (and only 4) phalla's I've been in.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited August 2007
    I think ever since my performance in tux's space phalla bad guys won't kill me because I suck so hard as a normie.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    CJTheran wrote: »
    Fuck you Free Agent I hate you go to hell go to hell and you die you're not invited to the party runon sentence go go go no punctuation wheee

Aw, come on man, that's messed up. It's not like I killed you, or anything. Just the Animorphs... and anyone who might have been an Animorph... and maybe a couple Yeerks.......

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    yah thanks for that controller kill beeteedubs FreeAgent. Did you ever figure out who I was and that I was guarded? I mean, before I revealed. Why did you attack cj?

real_pochacco on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    is this about done yet?

Knob on
    edited August 2007
    man fuck you guys taking Green's glory.

AkimboLegs on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Almost. Just waiting for Green to post the narration, and then we find out who's doing the next one.

Me Too! on
    edited August 2007
    final day's narration isn't up yet, Knob, and I expect there'll be a lot more post-game discussion

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    FA, you ruined the green top of page. Although, Green not posting probably ruined that.

Errrrr

Also, they're saltines.

Anyone know when/what the next Phalla is?

CJTheran on
    edited August 2007
    yah thanks for that controller kill beeteedubs FreeAgent. Did you ever figure out who I was and that I was guarded? I mean, before I revealed. Why did you attack cj?

Well, I'd noticed V3's multiple attacks on him, and had hoped he'd continue one more time. I wasn't sure if a guard would block all attempts, or just one, but he didn't attack the round I did, so it was a waste.

And I did have suspicions that you were one of the Animorphs, but I was yeerked and it got revealed before I could investigate further.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2007
    hey what did I do that put me under suspicion

just curious

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2007
    I'll show you the post that I made that basically nabbed all the important players left (besides David). *goes to find*

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Alright. I am working on a complicated post analysis that crossreferences how people voted in the cj-rane debacle and the fembot-nuzak debacle. this time I am being a bit more nuanced. I have incorporated people that are known baddies and people that are known normals into it, to see how it influences it.

Good guys:
    cj voted for rane, obviously
    squasha voted for rane
    durax was an innocent who voted for squash
    Atari soul was an innocent, and he voted squash, retract, squash
    Quetzi was an innocent and schizo, and he voted cj, retract, squash, retract, quetzi
    iamtheaznman was an innocent and he voted rane
    Munkus Beaver was an innocent and he voted squash
    Oatway was an innocent and he voted rane

so, that didn't look too good. it was about 50/50

Bad guys:
    Kovak: squash
    Rane: cj, squash
    Drijen: squash
    fembot: cj, retract, squash
    Mr. E: rane, but it was very late in the vote
    basically, we are talking 100 percent cj or squash from the known bad guys

I am not trying to inundate the board with info, but this was mainly to establish that the bad guys were voting for squash. Now, if I crossreference the people who voted for Squash and/or cj and the people who voted for fembot, I get:
    SojakFA: just squash early on (7:48 am)
    arod_77: cj, then later he switched to squash when the bandwagon was moving (switched at 11:14 am)
    The Geebs That Is A Mod: voted for squash, then retracted, and voted for rane when more people were going against rane (switched 3:14 pm)
    NATIK: voted for squash, then retract and voted for rane later on (11:44 am is when he switched)
    DrCongo: voted for squash later on, nothing else (2:17 pm)
    dave the rave: voted for cj very late, which shows to me that he's probably not a baddie (4:54 pm), and combined with Kovak pointing him as bad, yeah

tl;dr:
    names of people who voted squash and fembot:
    SojakFa
    arod_77
    The Geebs That Is A Mod
    NATIK
    DrCongo
    Dave the rave

By the way. The purpose of this is not to sling mud around. I just want to establish a base number of people that we can draw from as possible Yeerks.

And I swear if anyone posts the time cube pic in response to this I'm gonna fuck someone up. Jesus this took me a while.

Basically, I used this to guide almost all my actions from then on. That night I aimed a kill at arod and seered Geebs, and then the next night I seered DrCongo (I think that's right).

real_pochacco on
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also you guys killed off NATIK. This would have lost you the game, except some of the yeerks decided it'd be cooler to vote against their own team instead.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
    edited August 2007
    I wish I could have been around more closer to the vote.

I also wish I'd been able to be more involved with the Yeerk network. I was in contact with them via PM, but that's it. I really should have contacted Rane the moment I got the update that he was Yeerked, instead of waiting until CJ blew that open and he went into defensive mode, but it wouldn't have changed much.

Fun fact: I almost seered Arod one night, but switched to Quetzi at the last second.

Then Arod killed Quetzi.

DJ Eebs on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oooh there was something Kovak and I predicted in IM after we were both dead that we said we may need to chatlog after it was done if the bad dudes were retarded but I forget what it was I wonder if it is relevant.

Straightzi on
    edited August 2007
    The only thing I worked out by myself was that Dislexic was Erek King.

And it wasn't even by myself, really.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2007
    I knew arod was something, but I just never got around to killing him. Good thing too, considering which I ended up on.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    How'd you figure that out?

It (his role) didn't do us much good, unfortunately. I wish he had been able to be more active and try to get controlled. We really needed more Yeerk intel.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    How'd you figure that out?

It (his role) didn't do us much good, unfortunately. I wish he had been able to be more active and try to get controlled. We really needed more Yeerk intel.

After the Fembot vs. Nuzak thing we only slugged people who couldn't be Erek.

Meister on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh hey real_pochacco if there's anything funny or interesting enough from our multitude of chat logs you should totally post it, because I'm amused enough by the concept of a Yeerk and a special chatting, especially considering how long we both knew what each other was, and that we both knew that we both knew.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I figured as such. But I mean before then. It would have been easier for him to manipulate himself into slughood earlier in the game, anyway.

Shan: Yeah I'll go through it when my mom lets me back on my comp, I have logs of everything. Did you ever tell the truth to me? Even the earlier stuff?

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I figured as such. But I mean before then. It would have been easier for him to manipulate himself into slughood earlier in the game, anyway.

Yah, before Akimbo and I joined the yeerks invited all the new recruits to their non-anonymous forums, so if Erek had gotten converted the bad guys would have lost right there. There's even a thread with a list of all the players and which ones are yeerks, etc.

Meister on
This discussion has been closed.