As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    CALL THE POLICE

oh wait i'm safe now

• DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    I have always liked Cyclops, even during some bad writing. I would side with him.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    New Avengers book, Avengers A.I., by Sam Humphries and Andre Lima Araujo

avengers_a-i_02.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-avengers-a-i-series-announced.html

No Machine Man? No Machine Teen? No Livewires? No Jocasta? No Herbie?!? Tsk, where are all my favs?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Machine Man is tied up in Red She-Hulk at the moment.

You should probably be reading Red She-Hulk.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Avengers #9, ie the Avengers are jackasses.

Seriously, stop picking fights with everyone! Someone just punch Cap in the face!

Good issue, Hickman's merging more New Avengers into this, only bad thing is Weaver couldn't draw the whole issue and Deodato draws the end, which is fine but there is a clear difference in the fluidity of scenes.
    gotta love that Kevin, who killed no one of his own accord (outside of a worm brain) is now on the Dyson Sphere prison because he has to pay for his mistakes, yet Wanda is still just walking around. Like come on Hickman, make that connection, please

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oh man, Hawkguy! Noooooo!!!!!!

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hawkguy: The saddest

I do hope Fraction doesn't keep coming back to the "story told out of order" well though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have translated the worm-brain speak from Avengers #9! It is ominous!
    Worms:
    1) join

Wormbrain:
    1) can you hear me
    2) i am of the system
    3) i am earth
    4) the system is broken
    5) the world is broken
    6) the world is broken
    7) broken
    8) broken

Ominous, sez I!

H9f4bVe.png
  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    That was a confusing issue.
    So the System that's broken is the big multiuniversal space station system for choosing Starbrands. But then why does Abyss say that the Earth is what's wrong, not Starbrand/Nightmask?

Zyrxil wrote: »
    So the System that's broken is the big multiuniversal space station system for choosing Starbrands. But then why does Abyss say that the Earth is what's wrong, not Starbrand/Nightmask?
    Here's how I understand it: There's two Systems in conflict here. One is the System that chooses Starbrands and Nightmasks, and the other is the Aleph System that uplifts species to the next level of civilization. In addition, Ex Nihilo deviated from the usual uplifting process with his Origin Bombs, which instead of advancing humans to the next stage of evolution, are instead trying to evolve the entire planet to sentience.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Here's how I understand it: There's two Systems in conflict here. One is the System that chooses Starbrands and Nightmasks, and the other is the Aleph System that uplifts species to the next level of civilization. In addition, Ex Nihilo deviated from the usual uplifting process with his Origin Bombs, which instead of advancing humans to the next stage of evolution, are instead trying to evolve the entire planet to sentience.
    Isn't the New Universal System and the sentient Universe also "broken" due to the universal collapse cascade from New Avengers?

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, can't they just beat up Baron Zemo and destroy his weather control machine or something?

I kid, these latest avengers story-lines are pretty interesting. Probably just gonna have to do some re-reading of past issues.

H9f4bVe.png
    edited April 2013
    Weaver wrote: »
    Isn't the New Universal System and the sentient Universe also "broken" due to the universal collapse cascade from New Avengers?
    The New Universal System is definitely broken, but I'm not entirely sure about the Aleph System. It doesn't seem to be broken, although Ex Nihilo definitely messed with it.

Centipede Damascus on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    The New Universal System is definitely broken, but I'm not entirely sure about the Aleph System. It doesn't seem to be broken, although Ex Nihilo definitely messed with it.
    That's how I understood it as well. Earth is "wrong", but not necessarily broken.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    No Machine Man? No Machine Teen? No Livewires? No Jocasta? No Herbie?!? Tsk, where are all my favs?

The Livewires don't exist anymore man. No one uses Adam Warren's characters. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Avengers Arena felt like a bit of a filler although at least now we have a better idea of the nature of the trap that the kids are trapped in. Also way to make Arcade semi sympathetic!

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I wonder what the reaction would be to the A.I. team meeting Juston, would they be happy seeing them work together, or be mad that he re-programs him on occasion?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »
    Avengers Arena felt like a bit of a filler although at least now we have a better idea of the nature of the trap that the kids are trapped in. Also way to make Arcade semi sympathetic!
    I suspect that we got a glimpse of the title's real villain, and it isn't Arcade.

So the Silence! Guys reckon that episode made it clear that it's a virtual reality scenario... I thought it made the opposite clear? It's a real place augmented by all sorts of tech to make Arcade godlike?

QEz1Jw1.png
    It is not virtual reality, they outright say that in the last issue.

CYpGAPn.png
    Have they hinted at all where Arcade got tech that powerful?

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Some chick gave it to him.

That's it

edited April 2013
    His assistant(who is pretty clearly smarter than him and will definitely show up again) spent all of his fortune combing the supervillain black market for scraps of everything from Danger Room tech to Repulsor designs and anything in between.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    It kind of annoys me thy the Silence dudes came out with that idea after reading that book. Sometimes I swear they just skim stuff!

QEz1Jw1.png
    edited April 2013
    Guess I'll make another Avengers Thread

or not! Didn't know you couldn't do that whilst jailed

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Can't have citizens of ill repute running around creating threads willy nilly

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    I WAS FRAMED

CYpGAPn.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    A troublemaker that's what you are

Geth will clean up the streets so that upstanding citizens can once again know peace

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    hey Blank if you made an OP I'll post it for ya

Workin on it now, sir. Gracias.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    In Avengers #10 SHIELD seems to just be USA now, like the Ultimate Universe, because Department H in Canada has their own helicarrier and stuff.

New Avengers #5 beat it by miles this week though, which was not only an info dump issue but had a nice hook to the end.

Yeah, the end of New Avengers got me pumped as hell

and while I love Avengers I feel Hickman isn't making the issues stand on their own enough. He's fond of the megaplot, which I am totally okay with but it is getting a little disappointing after each supposedly done-in-one issue not having it's own resolution.

CYpGAPn.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I realized today that I'm actually more invested in Avengers Arena than Hickman's books. I think that the core Avengers titles will definitely hold up better, New Avengers in trade format especially.

but when I got back to my desk with my haul, it was AA that I wanted to read first. It's the tension, I think. I know the Avengers are going to win, and while it will be exciting to learn how, the world will be (mostly) safe. Cullen Bloodstone has no such guarantees.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I should even bother because I don't know if this will make things a little bit better, or even worse, but Juston's fate was revealed this week

Avengers Arena #8 spoiler:
    Juston is alive, but he's paralyzed from the waist down and his Sentinel is pretty messed up. By the end of the issue he's managed to turn the torso/legs into a walking combat chassis of sorts. He's not doing great, but he's still in the fight.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    bluh.

AA kind of had a lot of things going on and it was great. Not only did you have the Juston thing, but you also had
    - Chase Darkhawking out
    - all new Braddock academy love triangle
    - Katy becoming.. Tim?
    - Axe Bro for best new nickname

Arena continues to get better. I lovrd that Cammi
    immediately picked up that Cullen has a massive crush on Anarchronism.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arena continues to get better. I lovrd that Cammi
    immediately picked up that Cullen has a massive crush on Anarchronism.
    I'm a little surprised because
    I thought that Anachronism and Cullen were dating, and that it was only Anachronism's war god body and persona that was attracted to women.

I just
    assumed they were bros. I am gonna re-read the past issues but I remember Anarchronism being into Nara prior to the War Godding. Could be remembering wrong though, my brain is dumb.

CYpGAPn.png
    They
    seem more like bros, yeah. Anachronism was flirting with Nara at the school after he became permanently viking'd.

Kid Briton had an internal monologue where he called Anachronism Cullen's boyfriend, but I think that's more Kid Briton being a douche.

Or was being, I guess. All he is doing now is being fertilizer.

This discussion has been closed.