As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Animorphs: The End (YEERKS WIN)

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2007
    How'd you figure that out?

It (his role) didn't do us much good, unfortunately. I wish he had been able to be more active and try to get controlled. We really needed more Yeerk intel.

I was sent a list of people, and was asked to seer one. I said I'd seer Dislexic, because he hadn't been talking about child molestation as much lately.

It should be noted that I seered Rane night one, which was both lucky and unlucky, because apparently the Ellimist also seered him night one and got the same updates I did.

DJ Eebs on
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ahahaha holy crap, that's nuts. yeah, I really wish Dislexic's net would have been working.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, and I sent the Yeerks a warning about the possibility of Erek's existence but I'm not sure how much of that they'd already figured out for themselves.

DJ Eebs on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I seered Rane night one because I figured if he was good, he'd be a great ally, and if he wasn't, he had to go and fast.

Turned out both happened. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2007
    By the way, big thanks to cj iwakura and darkseid. Cj was always helping me with my crazy harebrained schemes and making sure I didn't do anything too stupid, and it was actually darkseid's idea for me to target arod_77. Well, he said that I should be targetting people who were suspicious instead of just killing controllers, because if we tried to play a war of attrition we would just plain lose. So I went searching for good targets, and that's how that happened. I mean, we really went back and forth arguing about it for a while, but in the end he was definitely right and it worked out well for us.

real_pochacco on
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I knew you were gonna target arod that turn. I knew it :P

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    hah yeah there was this awkward point near vote close where people were going "let's switch to arod for 2nd/3rd/whatever" and I was going hmmm ummmm oook.

real_pochacco on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Guys I just killed everyone in the pet-store mini-phalla on accident.

I was just a tiny hamster.

It is wrong for an animal so small to have so much power.

Something I think everyone here can appreciate.

Seriously on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heh I've been following the pet store one. It's awesome that everyone died.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I seered Rane night one because I figured if he was good, he'd be a great ally, and if he wasn't, he had to go and fast.

Turned out both happened. :P

I was playing the odds when I seered him, I figured he coudn't always be a normal.

I think it's a little weird that David is the only special that'll probably be left standing. I expected him to go a long time ago.

Or kill me. Although I think I did an okay job of posting a whole lot, which I think helped eliminate some suspicion about myself, although I could have done a better job at voting less suspiciously. Especially when it came to voting for Tobias, since eliminating him helped my win condition.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2007
    I gotta say, one of the most interesting things for me this Phalla was knowing a Bad Guy (tm) from the very beginning, in order to see just how they do it. Honestly, if I hadn't have known from my role PM I NEVER would have known Shenanigans was an original controller.

real_pochacco on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I figured as such. But I mean before then. It would have been easier for him to manipulate himself into slughood earlier in the game, anyway.

Shan: Yeah I'll go through it when my mom lets me back on my comp, I have logs of everything. Did you ever tell the truth to me? Even the earlier stuff?

no, not really, sorry. I wasn't telling the truth when I said I wasn't overly invested in this game because of my intense travel times causing me to barely have time to make activity quota, but I still figured you were either a special or in contact with them and I might as well better the cause by attempting to confuse you.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Heh I've been following the pet store one. It's awesome that everyone died.

If I'd just stuck to my guns.

But I had to get clever.

Seriously on
    edited August 2007
    heh, that's ok, I was obviously lying my ass off to you too, and I never told you a true thing either. I just was amused. If it weren't for that bear thing at the beginning I probably would not have talked to you. I guess you did tell me one true thing -- that you were controlled, heh.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    I thought about killing you Geebs, but I figured you were just a regular slug, and I had no reason to kill them.

Had no idea about Nuzak or Darkseid though.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Day 9: Jake

The crowd was as frozen as I was. Any one of them could have blown my head off or punched a smoking hole through my chest, but nobody did. The Visser's body was still where it had fallen, the muscles still twitching spasmodically.

I don't know how long we all stood there. Maybe the Controllers were waiting for one last command from Visser three to terminate me. Maybe they wanted to capture me alive, make me into one of them. I didn't know. I didn't care. I raised my still-dripping tail blade, ready to make my last stand. Then suddenly, he stepped out of the crowd.

My brother.

Tom.

I lowered my blade. He stepped closer.

"Jake. We don't want to kill you. Aren't you tired of fighting by now? Why are you still chasing a lost cause?" He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. Just like he always did when I came to him with my problems. "It's time to just let it go, Jake. Let's go home, what do you say?"

I stared into his eyes for a long time. They looked like they always had.

<You're right, Tom.> I closed my eyes, bowing my head to my chest. <It's time to go home.>

I whipped my tail forward, burying the blade in Tom's (Shenanigans) chest. His eyes gaped in shock as blood began to seep from the corners of his mouth. One more sacrifice. One more casualty of war. But somewhere deep down, I could have sworn I saw his eyes change. There was... relief. Tom had finally been set free. He was going home.

A Dracon beam fired, spearing my side with white-hot pain. I pulled my tail blade out of Tom and swung blindly, taking off the top half of another Controller's head (DrCongo - Original Yeerk). More Dracon fire, and suddenly my legs were no longer connected to my body. I fell face-first onto the stone floor, the Andalite blood already beginning to pour out of me. It didn't matter anymore.

Footsteps. Right in front of me. I looked up, into the face of David. He sneered down at me, Dracon beam in hand. "I would have waited an eternity for this." There was a small click as he set the handheld weapon to maximum power. "It's over, Jake."

I started to laugh.

His sneer faltered, but only for a moment. "Stoic even at the end, huh?"

I could barely control myself long enough to get the words out, even in thought-speak. <Oh, no. It's just that I can't believe you actually think you've already won. Did you forget we still had the morphing cube, David?>

The sneer dropped off his face as though I had physically struck him. Of course, this just made me laugh even harder.

<You did! What did you think I was up to all this time? The cube has been passed on. I'd say by now the people I gave it to have made about, oh, twenty new Animorphs. At least.>

David's face had contorted into a rage-mask. It was plain to see that he was using every last ounce of self-control to keep from pulling the trigger. "You're lying!"

<Oh, sure. Go right on believing that. It'll just make it all the easier for them when they finally exterminate you slugs from the face of this planet.>

David screamed. He pulled the trigger.

Cassie. Ax. Marco. Tobias. Rachel.

I'm coming home.

-END OF GAME-
    real_pochacco (Jake) - Killed by David
    Shenanigans (Orignal Yeerk / Tom) - Killed by Jake
    DrCongo (Original yeerk) - Arrested

The Yeerks have achieved their victory conditions first.
    YEERKS WIN!

Green on
    edited August 2007
    Darkseid did a very good job of staying under the radar, which explains why he was killed and not controlled, I'm guessing. I felt bad that we made him use his one kill and the person he killed turned out to be an innocent, but oh well, we needed to make sure he couldn't use it against us if he was controlled.

real_pochacco on
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
    edited August 2007
    In terms of balance, I think this one turned out pretty well. The thing with Jake at the midpoint was a bit much, but I understand why Green did it, and after a couple of minutes thinking about it, I was okay with it.

And this might sound biased, but I wish that Crayak and the Ellimist had a bit more power. I understand that they operate behind the scenes, but I think there were some opportunities to do some crazy stuff with them.

Like give the Ellimist a vision of the future, where he could see what actions a given character was going to do, but since the future is always changing, he's given one true prediction along with two false ones.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2007
    So, what was the move I should have made?

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Hahaha! By the gods, I have led the Yeerks to victory!

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    it wasn't your choice, poch, it was ours.

It was whether we used one of our two kills to kill you...

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    are you saying that if you had controlled me we would have won?

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    are you saying that if you had controlled me we would have won?

Yup. Assuming DrCongo bit the vote and you killed Tom, they would have failed to Convert you.

Green on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    So time for role reveals.
    Erek, step forward.
    Geebs was Crayak.

Me Too! on
    edited August 2007
    Darkseid did a very good job of staying under the radar, which explains why he was killed and not controlled, I'm guessing. I felt bad that we made him use his one kill and the person he killed turned out to be an innocent, but oh well, we needed to make sure he couldn't use it against us if he was controlled.

I agree. I did not even suspect him more than a minimal amount. Other people did, but he eluded my thoughts.

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    Oh shit

I meant to tell you guys, when you get to the afterlife: God is actually a yeerk.

Man, those first few minutes in heaven are so awkward.

Seriously on
    edited August 2007
    ah, ok. that makes sense.

haha we know all the roles, don't we? I just want to know the order in which Yeerks were controlled, how many you got a night, etc.

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    So time for role reveals.
    Erek, step forward.
    Geebs was Crayak.

pretty sure all the roles have been revealed at some point or another

DJ Eebs on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    heh, that's ok, I was obviously lying my ass off to you too, and I never told you a true thing either. I just was amused. If it weren't for that bear thing at the beginning I probably would not have talked to you. I guess you did tell me one true thing -- that you were controlled, heh.

I honestly don't think you ever told me a single thing.

Also, A WINNER IS ME!

YEAAAY!

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2007
    By the way, great narration Green. Definitely worth the wait. Classy, even.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    wewillhavetheirpunch.jpg

wewillhavetheirpie.jpg

AkimboLegs on
    edited August 2007
    Oh, and randomproxy was also controlled tonight

Green on
    edited August 2007
    haha thank you Green for the awesome narrations and putting up with my rules lawyering questions and multiple action order PMs.

real_pochacco on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    So, wait, who was Erek? I don't even remember.
    Also, time to let this bitch die. Who's doing the next game?

Me Too! on
    edited August 2007
    Dislexic

real_pochacco on
    edited August 2007
    You know what I think? I think it's time for some punch and pie, my Yeerky brethren.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    So I think with tonight's stuff going down, I bested CJ, at least in terms of fulfilling win conditions.

Posthumously, of course.

DJ Eebs on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shankill Butcher is running the next game, I believe.

Hylianbunny on
    edited August 2007
    This really was an exciting game to be in, and even watch, excellent job to both Green and Wiggin.

And sorry for contributing to your headaches.

Seriously on
This discussion has been closed.