As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well if you look at the solicitation:
    Batman saves the world and loses everything.

Yeah that doesn't sound so hot for Batman. I wonder how they'll reconcile this with all the other Bat Titles.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I wonder if Inc., which is to say the organization itself, will outlast the title.

The other titles have barely acknowledged that Batman has a network of heroes that spans the globe.

With the only book that came out of Inc (Batwing) getting a new lead that (AFAIK) has no ties to Batman Inc, I will bet you actual sums of money that it will not.

Blankzilla, do you have a source for that Morrison quote? I had heard he planned to put all the toys back, but I hadn't heard he was going to revert Bruce back to that status.
    "One of the reasons I did this was to take Batman back to the very beginning," Morrison told USA Today on Sunday. "So when I was finished, all the toys go back in the box and what you've got left is a Batman driven by vengeance, Alfred's a butler, there's a Batcave and that's it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I guess the cycle can never be broken.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    better than steph amyway

wrong

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I wonder if Inc., which is to say the organization itself, will outlast the title.

The other titles have barely acknowledged that Batman has a network of heroes that spans the globe.

With the only book that came out of Inc (Batwing) getting a new lead that (AFAIK) has no ties to Batman Inc, I will bet you actual sums of money that it will not.

Blankzilla, do you have a source for that Morrison quote? I had heard he planned to put all the toys back, but I hadn't heard he was going to revert Bruce back to that status.
    "One of the reasons I did this was to take Batman back to the very beginning," Morrison told USA Today on Sunday. "So when I was finished, all the toys go back in the box and what you've got left is a Batman driven by vengeance, Alfred's a butler, there's a Batcave and that's it.

blurgh
    Thanks!

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    A
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Batman Inc. Is officially ending in July. No creative team shift, just cancelled.

I'm going to be sad as Morrison's characters are never used by anyone else again afterwards. Because they're clearly too awesome for anyone else to write. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Man why revert Batman back to that? I don't like that Batman! He's so Miller and lame.

Also that is a legit WTF moment. I kind of like this WTF idea...

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
    It just seems so...regressive? Morrison brought in a more family oriented and light hearted Batman which both readers and other writers really responded to after years of grim and gritty Bruce.

To put it back to an even darker place than it was when he took over seems super dumb.

CYpGAPn.png
    I agree. Snyder is picking up on the Batfamily thing too. He made it clear that Batman has rejected the Joker/Batman obsession and sided with his extended family saying "They make me stronger."
    I'm pretty over grim "NooOOOOooooooo" Batman.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I think we'll see Damian back soon. My guess is that Joker, in emulating Batman's extended family, will still Damian in a Lazarus Pit and make him his plucky sidekick.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    So pretty sure new Batman and B&R are both off their head good.

This WTF thing is actually really cool. It reminds me of those old silver age covers that just pitch you a proposterous scenario that you can help but want to know more about. I was genuinly WTFing for the first few pages of Batman and the reveal is so well done. The fact that Capullo could forshadow the reveal a page earlier is a big credited to his art. The back up story is legit too!

B&R
    If you're going to tell me you DIDN'T think C.K. stood for Clark Kent you're a total liar
    And Frankenstein works really well in this issue. I kind of want to read more of him now...

QEz1Jw1.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Amigu wrote: »

B&R
    If you're going to tell me you DIDN'T think C.K. stood for Clark Kent you're a total liar

I probably would have if they hadn't
    pasted "Carrie Kelley" across the cover

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508

B&R

Yeah but
    there's already been earlier issues that had letters to Damian addressed with C.K. and everyone assumed it was Superman :)

QEz1Jw1.png

B&R

Yeah but
    there's already been earlier issues that had letters to Damian addressed with C.K. and everyone assumed it was Superman :)

Oh ya , I totally forgot about them appearing earlier, ya I probably thought
    it was Clark those times

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    So..huh, has this been mentioned yet? Batman Begins promo on ABC Family..... Fights for family, lives by love.

I want to say someone was making a joke during that....and yes it's a real commercial.

• RansRans Registered User regular
    I still say the whole thing is a swerve and Damian will be back at the end of issue #13

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Rans wrote: »
    I still say the whole thing is a swerve and Damian will be back at the end of issue #13

With Morrison gone it isn't impossible.

• sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    He pretty much gave it a 50/50 chance in the last issue.

I'm curious to see what happens. Right now Morrison killing Damian just feels kinda lame and pointless. I'm really hope Morrison can turn it around by the end of his run but I'm kind of worried he won't.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    All the other Batman books have made Damian's fate seem rather certain.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm curious to see what happens. Right now Morrison killing Damian just feels kinda lame and pointless. I'm really hope Morrison can turn it around by the end of his run but I'm kind of worried he won't.

He won't. He putting his "toys back in the box" so to speak. Of course, its a meaningless gesture in the comic medium which he should know by now. Killing Damian for real won't stick permanently. He gave up that opportunity when Damian became DC property.

Harry Dresden on
    I kinda want Damian to lazarus pit, but return totally fine, and then just constantly bug Jason about it.
    " 'tt' Jeez Todd, that's what made you crazy? You are weak!"

So does anyone else think the new Carrie Kelly is what the rebooted Barbara Gordan should have been.

I think Carrie Kelly is her own character. I'm really glad that she's in the mainstream continuity now though! It's getting kind of weird though. Like they're bringing back a fairly obscure female Robin and creating a new female Robin but still banishing Cass and Steph? This sanction just feels more and more absurd.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I kinda want Damian to lazarus pit, but return totally fine, and then just constantly bug Jason about it.
    " 'tt' Jeez Todd, that's what made you crazy? You are weak!"

"Doesn't matter, had sex with your mom."

I think Carrie Kelly is her own character. I'm really glad that she's in the mainstream continuity now though! It's getting kind of weird though. Like they're bringing back a fairly obscure female Robin and creating a new female Robin but still banishing Cass and Steph? This sanction just feels more and more absurd.

A lot of people seem to think that Carrie's roommate is Steph.

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Batman and Robin #18 got me good. T_T

steam_sig-400.png
  • FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    We already yelled about that in the dc forum.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh wow that is probably the worst thing I've seen in comics since joker-no-face

who even comes up with that shit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    DC editorial

aka

Literal poop slinging monkeys

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    As someone spending an embarrassing sum of mula on comics every month, I just want to say DC Comics: Its okay, I can afford it. Don't fuck up your books to help lighten the load on my pull list.

Really, it's just the bat books and young justice that sucks right now. In the next few months every other linr should improve. Until editorial fucks something up again.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The Bat Books suck? What?

A good portion of them yeah. Batgirl, Nightwing, BoP, and Dark Night are terrible and other than Batman, BnR, Red Hood, and Inc I would say the others are completely forgetable. The books are too big to fail and it's led to a bunch of samey books that arn't that great but will sell anyway.

Batman, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, Batwoman are all great

Batgirl, Batwing, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Talon are all mediocre to enjoyable

Catwoman, Dark Knight, Red Hood are terrible

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Opinions.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I would legit buy Catwoman just for the rad cat art. More cats please!

QEz1Jw1.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    catwoman used to be one of the best books on the stands way back when

rip pfiefer/brubaker/cooke catwoman

7656367.jpg
    Man what happened to Pfiefer? Amazons Attack was horrible but his Aquaman and Catwoman runs were great.

Looks like the last comic he wrote was 5 years ago? Jeez, dude just disappeared.

CYpGAPn.png