As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LGBTT: It's Raining DOMA Rulings! (It's for Thread)

19495969798100»

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Even that isn't good enough of a reason.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    New thread needs to be LGBT & Donuts

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I don't mind if someone else makes a new thread.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I would make a new one, and will if no one minds waiting, but I won't be able until at least tomorrow.

If someone wants to step in, be my guest.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    @Sweeney Todd want to make a new LGBT thread?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Frickin.

@Sweeney Tom

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm jailed, so I can't make threads. If I weren't, I would.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The final reading of New Zealand's marriage equality bill is Wednesday. It is expected to pass, and if it does NZ would beat France to the official claim of being the 13th country to legalize gay marriage.

awwman!

I'm not going to be at work on Wednesday!

I wanted an excuse to party with my coworkers! I'll just have to party on my own now!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I know plenty of ladies who pee while standi

Oh, right.

: (

I think bathrooms should be unisex and we should all get over ourselves.

Disagree. I want my own privacy pod for bathroom time, as far away from the rest of everyone else as possible.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I know plenty of ladies who pee while standi

Oh, right.

: (

I think bathrooms should be unisex and we should all get over ourselves.

Disagree. I want my own privacy pod for bathroom time, as far away from the rest of everyone else as possible.

Look... We don't mind the smell, and we politely turn a deaf ear to what's going on, but... Just clean up after yourself man..

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Make me.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Someone get the hose.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts are disgusting, I can't believe people like that mushy crap. (I eat Top Pot Doughnuts because I'm a Seattle elitist.)

Regarding the Idaho thing, welp, that's Idaho for you. Sidenote, there are several devices made to allow CIS women to pee standing up. I remember looking into them when I was doing field work in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest. It's no fun squatting in the scrub steppe, amongst the rattlesnakes.

You should be proud to get your ass bit by a rattlesnake if that's what it takes to maintain arbitrary gender roles, dambit. Proud!

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Doesn't explain why they took him to a different hospital, unless he was unresponsive at the time.

But ignoring the daughter who was trying to explain the situation? That's not right. Having worked at a retirement home and having to respond to random emergencies as a security guard, the family is the first people you talk to (if possible).

Somethings aren't adding up, but I'm still erring on the side of "bigots and geese" instead of "general outburst".

Paramedics do not question family. They will take a patient to the nearest hospital in an emergency or which ever hospital is in the rotation for routine or non-emergency patients, unless the family gives specific instructions.

They will follow a power of attourney above family, but only if it's on hand and presented before leaving. There is no taking their word for it. I once resuscitated an old man who went into cadiac arrest, but he had a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate). Since the family didn't have it on them, we brought him back. The next day in the hospital, he crashed again and we let him pass, because they had shown the DNR at that point.

If the family argues, they let the police sort it out and go with what they feel is in the best interest of the patient without making themselves liable.

In this situation, I guess it depends on how old the daughter is, I'm guessing she's a minor, so they would take the brothers word over hers.

If they were already loading up the patient and the husband showed up, they would not wait while the brother and husband argue.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Doesn't explain why they took him to a different hospital, unless he was unresponsive at the time.

But ignoring the daughter who was trying to explain the situation? That's not right. Having worked at a retirement home and having to respond to random emergencies as a security guard, the family is the first people you talk to (if possible).

Somethings aren't adding up, but I'm still erring on the side of "bigots and geese" instead of "general outburst".

Paramedics do not question family. They will take a patient to the nearest hospital in an emergency or which ever hospital is in the rotation for routine or non-emergency patients, unless the family gives specific instructions.

They will follow a power of attourney above family, but only if it's on hand and presented before leaving. There is no taking their word for it. I once resuscitated an old man who went into cadiac arrest, but he had a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate). Since the family didn't have it on them, we brought him back. The next day in the hospital, he crashed again and we let him pass, because they had shown the DNR at that point.

If the family argues, they let the police sort it out and go with what they feel is in the best interest of the patient without making themselves liable.

In this situation, I guess it depends on how old the daughter is, I'm guessing she's a minor, so they would take the brothers word over hers.

If they were already loading up the patient and the husband showed up, they would not wait while the brother and husband argue.

Seconded. Closest unless patient specifies otherwise (typically for insurance reasons or primary care provider reasons) and non-present written instructions do not exist.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options

Seconded. Closest unless patient specifies otherwise (typically for insurance reasons or primary care provider reasons) and non-present written instructions do not exist.

Absolutely. You always err on the side of "What will keep the patient alive?"

Of course, once they are at the hospital, things should be different, so it sounds like there was a fuckup and it was there.

• Options
    Ireland's Constitutional Convention voted overwhelmingly (79 out of 100) in favor of holding a referendum on legalizing marriage equality. 81 voted in favor of of enacting laws to give appropriate protections to same-sex parents of children, and 78 voted in favor of enacting the laws throughout Ireland, rather than state-by-state. The government now has 4 months to respond on the matter. There is a better chance than not that, by the end of summer, the UK, France, and Ireland all legalize marriage equality.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    On the way to work today, the radio felt the need to remind me I need to e-mail my councilman and remind him to respect my marriage.

The advert had the world traditional only once, respect and marriage several times, and didn't mention gay et al. once.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Man Ireland? That is awesome! Horray for them!

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    The Catholic child sex abuse scandal changed Ireland for the better when it comes to all sorts of topics.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    The next big news (at least that's scheduled) is Wednesday, when New Zealand does its final reading of their marriage equality bill (expected to pass). To recap all of this, we started off the year with 11 countries with legal same-sex marriage. Last week Uruguay made that 12, this week NZ could make it 13, and by/at this summer at the very least we'll have 14 (France) and could have 16 (UK and Ireland).

2013's been a great year so far :D

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to be another day it of pocket, so tomorrow will be the earliest I can do a new thread.

If someone wants to get on it before then, I'd happily nominate @Sweeny Tom (posted via someone else), @Elldren, @Shivahn, @Viskod, or @Fencingsax again.

Or hell, anyone who really wants to.

Atomika on
  • Options
    I'm still jailed, so I still can't make a thread, but I made an OP. If someone who's available offers to make the thread for me, I'll PM the OP to that person.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to be another day it of pocket, so tomorrow will be the earliest I can do a new thread.

If someone wants to get on it before then, I'd happily nominate @Sweeny Tom (posted via someone else), @Elldren, @Shivahn, @Viskod, or @Fencingsax again.

Or hell, anyone who really wants to.

You can't edit @ into posts, the notification triggers only during an actual posting.

That said I can totally do that, if you (Sweeney) want to PM it to me.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm still jailed, so I still can't make a thread, but I made an OP. If someone who's available offers to make the thread for me, I'll PM the OP to that person.
    If you PM me the post I can make it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    My bad, didn't see either of your edits.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I vote @Shivahn.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    New thread thanks to Sweeney Tom

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970