As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Binding of Isaac: now with more vague non-endings!

1626364656668»

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    aaand I made it to the chest with no keys and got caught between two super lusts and raped to death, unable to move or even bring up the menu for 2 seconds due to lag.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Yet another eve run that made it all the way to satan before dying because zero damage upgrades the entire game.

Unless you count that lump of coal, which is meaningless when satan's feet are never targetable long enough to actually get far enough for my shots to mean anything.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Yay! Mom's heart killed for the second time, and this time without the bible (or maybe with it, I dunno it didn't insta-kill, only gave me spirit hearts?) Also, last time (the first time) when I killed mom's heart, there was another hole to go down, but I was running out of battery power and had to just end it. This time there wasn't anything. Is it just randomn, or what?

• Options
    That hole is the entrance to Sheol.

You normally won't see it until you've beaten mom's heart enough times to unlock It Lives as the new final womb boss.

Or, if you get a devil room after the fight, you'll get a trap door there as well.

Once you've unlocked it, though, you should also see a beam of light that will take you to the cathedral instead. That is, if you have Wrath of the Lamb.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Yet another eve run that made it all the way to satan before dying because zero damage upgrades the entire game.

Unless you count that lump of coal, which is meaningless when satan's feet are never targetable long enough to actually get far enough for my shots to mean anything.
    I have never noticed any significant damage difference with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I had a great run where within the first 3 floors, I had the giant eye that gave you large shots, the eyes on stalks, the all stats up mushroom, and the x-ray glasses. A few other things as well, but damn, I was killing things rather quickly. Also, even with a luck down pill, I blew up a slot machine, got the dollar bill, or whatever it was, and unlocked cain, or whoever it was. Ended up with 8 hearts, and kept on getting full health pills.

It's nice when the game wants things to go well for you.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Yeah... every once in a while you get great runs where everything goes right... it makes you forget (for a minute or two) about the previous hundred times where nothing good came up and it was a total disaster.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    it's the thing that keeps people playing, really.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Just finished the chest with Eve. Unlocked ???'s Soul, instead of Eve's Bird Foot, however.

I had IPepac for a while, whic hwas annoying, but then I got mom's bra and the habit, which is probably the best possible combination of items you could get to compliment it.

Then on Utero 2 I got epic fetus it didn't matter. 8-)

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    mom's bra is kinda a terrible item

I mean, if it's the only spacebar item you could get then yeah totes, but man is it still pretty shit

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Normally yes, but I accidentally got Ipecac, which makes it very very difficult to shoot fast moving enemies.

Mom's bra was exactly what I needed to compensate for that.

Goatmon on

• Options
    God, War practically impossible with Ipecac unless you are super fast or can fly to a place he can't reach. Once he gets off his horse he'll stay super close to you and you can't hit him.
    Ended one of my more decent runs that way the room before the boss so I couldn't bomb the door to skip him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pretty much! War is one of the more annoying harbingers.

• Options
    Ooh I'd kind of stopped playing for a while because I'd gotten pretty frustrated with runs with shitty drops.
    But in Basement 1 of this ??? run I got Technology, and the boss dropped a pill purse with had 2 Balls of Steels.
    Then in Basement 2 there was a liver in secret room, and the boss dropped a milk, so when the devil room opened up I was like, hell yeah I'm gonna buy some shit.

It had both Spirit of the Night and The Mark. Grabbed them both, went back exploring (since I'd been teleported basically there and had a lot left) and the first thing I found was a curse room, that had Whore of Babylon. So now I'm a giant fucking flying ghost shooting massively damaging spectral lasers.

It's nice to finally catch a break.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxhIDco3sXo#!

1 hr 25 min Interview with Edmund McMillen about the future of Binding of Isaac by 500 episode BOI Let's Player Northernlion

Includes some tease about Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

EDIT: Whoops I thought this was a G&T Thread

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights