As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Madden NFL 13] Broshaming is not cool, bro.

1121314151618»

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'm pretty busy this weekend, Tiger, but I'm available between 4-6 on Monday, anytime after 4 Tuesday, and the same on Friday.

I should be free after 9 on tuesday, and after 7 friday. Shoot for tuesday at 9?

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sounds good

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Any day but Thursday after 7 central works for me. Ill be rusty as heck so you should destroy me. :)

616610-1.png
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Any day but Thursday after 7 central works for me. Ill be rusty as heck so you should destroy me. :)

Can you do tonight at 9 central/7 pacific?

gorillaSig.jpg
    edited April 2013
    @gundam470 I just saw this post I'm available now if you are around

But I'll also be around at 9 just let me know. Ill be playing dust. Psn forwardsboxers

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited April 2013
    Weird it's giving me an error about online pass, anyone see this before?

Yeah I can't access any online features, fun. Is it cool if we reschedule to tomorrow or weds and I can try to resolve the issue tomorrow?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    Weird it's giving me an error about online pass, anyone see this before?

Yeah I can't access any online features, fun. Is it cool if we reschedule to tomorrow or weds and I can try to resolve the issue tomorrow?

Yeah no problem. Let's try wednesday say 7:30 central, 5:30 pacific.

gorillaSig.jpg
    Cool ill let you know if I can't fix this issue and you can just play the cpu

616610-1.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    @Goose!

still good, about two hours from now?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yes, about 20 minutes from now.

cool, getting on now

edited April 2013
    SONY is doing maintenance, so Friday I guess?

Goose! on
    Goose! wrote: »
    SONY is doing maintenance, so Friday I guess?

i got on on the second attempt

but tomorrow should be fine too, after 7

i'm in now if you want to give it a shot

Now I know why I stopped playing. At least I got a drop from each of my receivers. They all equally suck.

Good game.

that was a nice hook and ladder there at the end

i wasn't sure how to stop those quick hitters. i thought you were going to eat my lunch.

thanks for the game

@Disrupter are we still on for roughly 2.5 hours from now?

gorillaSig.jpg
    Yeah that's perfect madden seems to have fixed itself

616610-1.png
    I would have gotten my ass kicked either way, but I don't know what was up with my ball carriers wanting to hold the ball out or trying to pitch any time I hit the sprint button early in the game. It's happened to me before and I have no idea what causes it.

Good game.

gorillaSig.jpg
    @gundam470 Gg man I got some incredible breaks early on, not much you can do at that point. You missed a wide open td and had some nasty drops anD that weird lateral fumble.

i was also shocked to see Percy harvin back on the field thought he was done for the year.

Then he got injured 5 plays in...

616610-1.png
    @Disrupter

i'm free tonight and tomorrow night after 7, and should be able play this weekend whenever, with some notice

Tiger I have no idea how to @ you since you have a space in your name...

But tomorrow should work good for me. Wife works late tonight so probably best to wait a day for our Super Bowl rematch.

I hope it goes better for me, but I doubt it will. I've only had like one loss in my madden life that I thought "yeah there wasn't anything I could've done to win that game" and it was against you :)

616610-1.png
    yes, my life-long ambition to be feared at videogame football is realized

i should probably have come up with a better life-long ambition :?

tonight should work fine for me, what time were you thinking?

Would 9 central work for you? My wife wants me to feed her and I'm lazy so ill probably be going out to dinner it a bit

616610-1.png
    Would 9 central work for you? My wife wants me to feed her and I'm lazy so ill probably be going out to dinner it a bit

10 eastern? sure thing.

edited April 2013
    Gg man, I blow. How do you stop that three te set pass play? I love it and nobody can stop it and I clearly can't on you but my te get zero separation against you

Harvin also usually gets an auto td on bump and run but against you it's a pick. I remembered this from last time but threw it anyway when the game was pretty much over.

Gg man. Spent all season thinking about how to stop your TEs and still couldn't so it at all

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    after that first drive, i thought you were going to run over me. AP is a monster.

i don't know about the TEs. i think the way to stop them is to hot route the DE to a hook zone, but that's just theory. that y stick 3 TE play i have no idea, it kills the computer.

thanks for the game. i'll see about setting a time for the draft this weekend, and count noses to see who is still in.

You responded to
    AP awesome. And then I had some bad runs in key spots. Your D is crazy good man. Thanks for the game again at least it was a bit more interesting than the last time

616610-1.png
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Not sure I want to revive an old thread but there's no Madden 25 thread since it hasn't come out yet, so I figured it'd be good to let you folks know:

X-Posting from D&D :

Hey guys, if you pre-order Madden 25 on Amazon, you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free.

Not sure about blackouts and all that jazz but I figure it's worth looking into for those of you who actually watch like, all the games.

edited August 2013
    Yeah, I already have it preordered via Amazon.

The way NFL blackouts work is your local team (and there's broadcasts map available if you just google "NFL Blackout Map" or some such) is unavailable to watch on Sunday Ticket in order to keep the ratings of the local channels (and the advertising dollars) up.

EDIT: I hope we do the Madden league again, ps3 folks. I'm planning on buying PS4, too, so yeah.

Goose! on
    I came here to post the madden deal on amazon that Inquisitor77 posted in the NFL thread, but he was kind enough to revive this thread to share it here too. I wasnt going to get madden this year (though the PA league had me debating it quite a bit, as that was good times) but this deal seems ridiculous, already having my wife log on to her amazon prime account to pre-order.

I wish the deal was available for PS4 as Id be willing to wait for it to play madden, but alas, I guess im doing PS3 again this year.

616610-1.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I really hope next gen Madden brings us vastly improved AI...

I've been playing Madden 25 lately. Decided to make myself a QB and see if I could turn the Jags' fortunes around. We're currently 9-1 with the only loss coming against the Chiefs in the season opener. I find myself constantly using audibles to get myself out of run plays because the AI makes MJD act like an idiot. He'll have a ton of room to run outside, but for no good reason at all, he'll cut back to the inside... right into a defender. Reciever AI is a little better it seems, but they have no idea how to run out of bounds...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.