As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problems syncing contacts to Blackjack

Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me!Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I bought a Samsung Blackjack today and love it. My only problem is that ActiveSync won't sync my contacts to it, even when it's checked. I followed the instructions at this link and they didn't work. Contacts is checked in ActiveSync but greyed out on the device. I tried a hard reset and that didn't work either. So what's going on with it? (Note: I installed Outlook earlier today just to port my contacts from Palm Desktop)

Ramen Noodle on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So you have regular outlook installed, correct? Not express?

Do you have Microsoft Works installed? Works will cause issues with ActiveSync, I recommend you uninstall it if you have it.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have regular Outlook installed. It's greyed out on my actual Blackjack, but it shows up in activesync fine.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Is your calendar, etc. syncing? Is it only the contacts that aren't syncing? Either way I would recommend you call Samsung's technical support. When I had to troubleshoot this with a Treo 700p Palm's tech support was very helpful.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, all my dates/etc are syncing fine. Hell, it even brought all my appointments back that I put in earlier after I hard reset it! I uninstalled Works so I'm seeing if that helps.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Tried it on my mom's laptop (has Outlook 2003, so thought why not) and still nothing.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah I don't have direct experience with the Blackjack so.... could be a number of things there.

6.jpg

Just talk to this friendly black man!

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Awesome! A friendly black dude!
    I really don't care about syncing contacts after I get all them in, so maybe I'll just go to AT&T and have them transfer them and hopefully they won't be total cunts like they were earlier.

Ramen Noodle on