As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dresden Files RPG: Low Profile IC

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    George and Ethan

The rifleman fell forward and hit the whirling asphalt with a bullet in his stomach taking his gun with him. The driver of the red minivan behind them blaring their horn and skidded to a stop as his body bounced into their windshield.

The second man opened fire with his pistol as the van veered towards their vehicle. The driver rammed their sedan in an attempt to force them into oncoming traffic.
    Athletics 4d6 0
    Guns 4d6+2 3
    Drive 4d6+2 1

The thug that Ethan fired on is dead as a doornail. Nice shot.

The second thug will return fire, and the third is going to focus his efforts on forcing your car into oncoming traffic. Since our were-owl is at the wheel I’m going to say you can add a +2 bonus to your next attempt to avoid being shot.

George will have to make another drive roll to keep the sedan from being driven into oncoming traffic though.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    CalaCala Registered User regular
    As soon as Ethan sees the second thug take aim, he throws himself as low into the seat as possible in order to dodge the return fire. Luckily, George's evasive driving manages to get the bullet impacting on the seat next to Ethan instead of into his shoulder.

Quickly glancing up, Ethan peeks just enough over the edge of the window to get a shot at the second gunman.
    Athletics to dodge gunfire: 4dF+6 5 (includes +2 from the vehicle being driven evasively)

Guns to shoot thug: 4dF+4 3

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sakutian wrote: »
    Francis

"You know kids Francis, they've all got one thing or another that they just can't fall asleep without. I'm sure the parents would be willing to give you whatever you need if you think it'll help."

David pointed at the phone hanging from the wall alongside of the refrigerator. "The phone is over there, I'll go and get Melanie's address book for you. She has all of the parent's numbers and addresses in there."

"Yeah, that'll help thanks." Francis got up from the kitchen table and walked over to the phone. Quickly getting the number of Cali's hotel from information, he dialed the phone number. Once connected he asked to ring Cali's room, though he had to repeat himself twice to be understood over the static on the line.

When the phone picked up in the room, he didn't waste any time. "Cali. It's Francis. Did your ... predecessor make any other acquisitions other than the two I know about? I just learned there's about eight more."

While he waited for the response, David handed him a sheet of paper with names and numbers on it, Francis nodded thanks and turned his attention back to the phone.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    "So why haven't you taken care of him, then?" Li Mei said, asking the obvious question. She had a feeling she already knew the answer but it had to be said.

• Options
    Dread__CthulhuDread__Cthulhu Registered User regular
    George finishes sliding over the seat, pushing the driver over onto the passengers seat.

• Options
    Nick and Li Mei

Michael frowned. "I don't take part in street fights with drug lords Li Mei. However I cannot allow this to go on any longer, it has already had an alarming impact my business."

George and Ethan

The pistol wielding thug landed on the floor of the van with a bullet perforating his lung. Before Ethan could celebrate the was sent sprawling backward across his seat as the van forced them into the path of an oncoming sixteen wheeler.
    [url=]Athletics[/url] 4d6 -3. And the second gunman is taken out. I'm going to change Ethan's name to Tex.

Francis

Cali hesitated on the other end of the phone before answering. "We had been hunting yes, but only the homeless and vagrants. Why do you ask?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    "Because there are eight more kids missing, not just the two rescued last night."

He paused as a bad burst of static sounded from the earpiece. "I have to find them. If you know anything, it'd help."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    George and Ethan

The pistol wielding thug landed on the floor of the van with a bullet perforating his lung. Before Ethan could celebrate the was sent sprawling backward across his seat as the van forced them into the path of an oncoming sixteen wheeler.
    [url=]Athletics[/url] 4d6 -3. And the second gunman is taken out. I'm going to change Ethan's name to Tex.

George desperately tries to steer the van out of the way of the 16-wheeler!!

• Options
    George and Ethan

The blaring horn of the oncoming truck echoed in George's ears as its blinding headlights lit up the inside of the sedan. A bone shattering force struck the corner of the sedan and the sound of metal scraping against metal rang out as sparks erupted between the two vehicles. The sixteen wheeler drove on its horns continually blaring as the driver tried to keep the vehicle on the road.
    Drive 4d6+2 -1[/ b]
    Fists 4d6+5 4

Alright, so the truck driver tried to steer his rig out of your path but he failed to do so. As a result the truck scrapes along side of your sedan. It takes some damage but isn't totaled. Whoever attempts to make a Drive roll using this vehicle takes a -2 to their rolls.

Francis

"I am sorry Francis, there are many predators in this city, and any of them could have taken those children."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Li Mei nodded. "I understand. Why get yours or your people's hands dirty when you can set someone else on the trail?"

She stood up. "We will take care of Caine, then. Thanks for your help. C'mon, Nick." With that she exited the room. Outside there was a loud bang as something hit the wall hard. Probably a fist.

• Options
    Ethan is thrown back into Autumn's lap from the impact between the two vehicles. "Sorry, I'm normally not this forward until I've had at least a few drinks."

"George! Can you follow that van and pull up next to them? I want to find out who these guys are and for that, we're going to need someone left alive!" Ethan yelled out as he scrambled back into his seat trying to get an eye on the white van.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    "Not wise to anger pretty girls, Mike." Nick turned to follow Li Mei out. "Not wise at all."

Outside, Nick hustled to catch up to the martial artist. "Wanna go beat up some bad guys? The drug dealers, I mean. Seems like we just left some bad guys, so clarification was required."

• Options
    Cala wrote: »
    Ethan is thrown back into Autumn's lap from the impact between the two vehicles. "Sorry, I'm normally not this forward until I've had at least a few drinks."

"George! Can you follow that van and pull up next to them? I want to find out who these guys are and for that, we're going to need someone left alive!" Ethan yelled out as he scrambled back into his seat trying to get an eye on the white van.

George grimaces and attempts to follow the van.

• Options
    "Perhaps. Is walking into their turf and breaking faces open considered a breach of etiquette? It would be fun. Hm."

She seemed to be monologuing more than anything. "Ah, lai lai, we should talk to them first. Michael isn't a liar but he doesn't always tell the full story." Li Mei sighs. "Plus I don't want to ruin my outfit if I don't have to."

• Options
    "I'm not going to be bursting out of this thing into full fighting form. Let's change, and then go pay Caine a visit."

• Options
    A sigh. "I suppose. Exercise is good for the body and the mind."

• Options
    Nick and George

The sedan roared as George slammed down the gas brining them up alongside of the retreating van. The driver stared out the window at them obviously surprised that they'd managed to keep up with him in their damaged vehicle.
    Driving 4d6+2 1

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Francis sighed, "I know. Thanks for answering. Listen, I've got to make some other calls. I'll talk to you later. Bye."

He hung up and rubbed the bridge of his nose. So much for the easy 'suspect.' Time now to rustle the curtain and see what stepped out.

He looked at the list of names and numbers. He called the first and waited for the phone to be picked up at the other end, "Mrs. Abernathy? Hi. This is Francis Stone. ... Yes, that's right. I'm calling about your son James. ... No, I don't have any information. I was actually just told. ... The reason I'm calling is because I think I can find him but I need your help. ... I need a toy or blanket of James. Basically anything that he just would not put down for long. ... Yes, that's right, there'd be a connection between him and the item. ... About six hours."

Francis looked down the list, "Yes ma'am, I'm here with David. I've got a list of numbers. Thank you. I won't let you down. Goodbye." He hung up and looked at David, "I hate phone calls like that. Ok, next on the list."

He dialed the next number, "Hello? This is Francis Stone. ..."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Francis

Two hours later the Fairsmith's kitchen counter was laden with brightly colored stuffed animals, baby blankets, pacifiers, several worn out articles of children's clothing, a leather baseball mitt, and a the complete tales of the Brothers Grimm. David was leaning over the edge of the counter staring at the odd collection curiously. Parents, siblings, and grandparents had been arriving on his doorstep carrying bundles of their loved ones treasured things for over and hour. Many of them had been reluctant to part with what they brought, Beth Winill had even slapped Francis when he'd lifted her son's stuffed turtle out of her hands. She'd apologized to him a half a dozen times before leaving in tears.

Holding washcloth stuffed with ice over his cheek Francis looked over the collection. If this didn't provide him with something he could use to track the missing kids than nothing would.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Ethan and George

The sedan roared as George slammed down the gas brining them up alongside of the retreating van. The driver stared out the window at them obviously surprised that they'd managed to keep up with him in their damaged vehicle.
    Driving 4d6+2 1

George held the wheel and grimaced. "Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!!"

• Options
    Nick nods. "I recognize one of the places in those pictures. It's a bar and pool hall not too far from here. Let's go."

• Options
    edited April 2013
    "Bring us as close as you can!" Ethan yelled out to George as the vehicles came closer together.

Seeing that the side door of the van was still open, Ethan opened the door of the sedan and braced himself against the frame.

"Why do I do these crazy things? Oh right, because I'm INSANE!" Ethan half yelled/squealed as he flung himself out of the sedan and hopefully into the cold, comforting (compared to the pavement) floor of the van next to them.
    In mid jump, Ethan had just a half second to take pleasure in the astonished look in the driver's face.

"Keep gawking buddy 'cuz in a second, you're about to -OOF!" Ethan's inner dialogue was cut short as his body suddenly made impact.

Cala on
  • Options
    Li Mei and Nick

"Lucky's" looked just as a bad as it had the last time that Nick had been forced to pay a visit there. In fact it might have gotten a bit worse. A few pickup trucks and battered cars were parked outside along with a trio motorcycles. When they caught sight of Nick and Li Mei the bikers standing next to the motorcycles approached them.

"Hey baby, a hot piece of tail like you deserves a real man. Don't worry we'll take good care of you." The biker addressing Li Mei was large and heavily built, but much of his muscle was hidden beneath a layer of fat. He slipped his arm around Li Mei's shoulder and started pressing her towards the bar.

The other bikers pushed Nick towards the edge of the parking lot one of them opening his coat to reveal a gun tucked into the waist of his jeans. "Take a hike pal."

Ethan and George

Ethan landed on the floor of the van getting the wind knocked out of him in the process. The driver didn't seem to notice he'd taken on a new passenger since he revved his engine and sent his vehicle careening down the highway.

Autumn slid into the seat next to George watching the taillights of the retreating van anxiously. "Don't lose him George!"
    Driving 4d6+2 3

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Francis looked around at all the items he'd collected. God I hope this works, he thought. But it a stage performer never showed his inner thoughts.

"Ok" He said, clapping his hands together once, "Time to get to it. How clean is your back patio? I'm going to need some space to do this. Bare concrete would work best. And I'll need a road map of the area, a pencil, string, and something I can use to hang the pencil and string."
    So. Francis is going to attempt a Thaumaturgy spell. Using each item linked to each kid, he'll try to find the link between the toy/blanket/whatever. Channelling that link into the pencil should be able to make a mark on the map as it represents the DC area. Doing this same ritual with each item in turn or all at once should be able to identify a vague location of the missing kids.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As Ethan narrowly makes the jump between the two vehicles, he takes a second to catch his breath again.

Standing up, he brushes some imaginary dirt off his pants before taking out his sidearm. He scoots forward just a bit and places his gun against the temple of the driver. "Take the next exit and pull over. Slowly. Try not to make any fast moves because my trigger finger gets awfully jittery during bumpy rides."

• Options
    Ethan and George

“Oh Jesus!” The van veered violently to the left as the driver screamed and jerked the wheel. A concrete barrier at the edge of the approaching on ramp leapt into their path.

Francis

David parted the curtain over the kitchen sink revealing the windswept patio outside. Overturned furniture, tree limbs, and bits of debris blown in from neighboring yards were rolling along the wooden planks in a demolition derby. “There’s a bit of a storm out there in case you forgot.”

“I think I have something else that might work for you though.” After he’d gathered the other materials Francis would need from the cab of the moving truck David led him downstairs into the basement. The basement was large and empty, the concrete floor was scuffed along the perimeter of where David’s pool table had been the last time Francis had visited.

“I’ve already moved everything out of the basement except for the cobwebs, hope you don’t mind spiders.”

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Ethan and George

Ethan landed on the floor of the van getting the wind knocked out of him in the process. The driver didn't seem to notice he'd taken on a new passenger since he revved his engine and sent his vehicle careening down the highway.

Autumn slid into the seat next to George watching the taillights of the retreating van anxiously. "Don't lose him George!"
    Driving 4d6+2 3

George grinds his teeth and tries to keep up with the van.

• Options
    Nick

Threats of violence, shows of force. The only thing that would piss Nick off faster would be abusing a kid in front of him. He grabbed the shirt of the dude pushing him. "You know what real men have?" His teeth grew just a bit, muscles rippling under his flannel shirt. "Scars."

• Options
    "Son of a--!" This was definitely not how Ethan imagined this playing out in his head.

This was definitely not him heroically leaping into a moving van during a high speed chase in the middle of a highway, nonchalantly intimidating the criminal into quietly surrendering before interrogating him about his motives.

This was definitely not him calmly walking back to the others afterwards showing them he had everything perfectly under control without even a hint of trouble.

This was definitely not that.

Ethan quickly jammed his pistol into his holster before quickly grabbing the steering wheel in an attempt to jerk the vehicle the other way away from the unyielding grey matter known simply as 'rock'.

• Options
    Nick and Li Mei

The biker fell backwards and landed in a deep puddle when Nick let go of the front of his shirt. He stared up at Nick without any sign of the bravado he'd had a few seconds ago. The second biker watched him fall and seemed uncertain on how to deal with Nick.

The biker with arm around Li Mei turned back when he heard his friend fall. He looked between the terrified biker and Nick. "What the hell's wrong with you?"

He patted Li Mei on the backside urging her forward. "Just head inside and get yourself a drink baby. This won't take long."

Turning he advanced on Nick with his hand balled up into a fist. When he was within arm's length of Nick he lashed out at the were-bear with his meaty fist. Following his lead the other bike charged in trying to tackle Nick to the ground.
    Fists 4d6+2 2
    Fists 4d6+2 0

Ethan and George

The van scraped along the barrier as it veered down the off ramp, George had to cut in front of cement truck that had been speed towards them to keep up with it. Ethan felt the driver trying to wrestle the gun out of his hand while he tried to steer.

"You son of a bitch!"
    Might 4d6 1

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nick

Nick stepped away from the first punch, and tossed the biker that tried to tackle him. He followed up with a swing of his own.
    Athletics dodge: 4dF+2 3 4dF+2 5

Hit a biker as hard as he can: 4dF+2 1

Do I have any Fate points?

jdarksun on
  • Options
    "Oh my," said Li Mei, putting her hand to her mouth in what Nick thought was an absolute picture perfect look of surprise. "You don't need to fight over me, we can all share a drink!"

• Options
    You have at least one fate point jdarksun.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "Damn it you idiot! You're going to get us both killed!" Ethan yelled as he tried to get control back of the gun.

"Just calm down and pull over and I'll promise to only arrest you and make sure you get a fair trial!" While struggling with the driver, Ethan tries to talk some sense into him.

• Options
    "Buckle up, this could get messy." George tries to get the sedan past the van.

• Options
    Nick and Li Mei

The bearded biker who'd had his hands all over Li Mei fell back with a bloodied mouth and nose that looked like a Salvador Dali painting. The second biker raised his arms backing away from Nick and moving towards his motorcycle. "Alright man, she's all yours!"

The man Nick had rattled earlier followed the other biker's lead and climbed onto his bike unsteadily. The headlights on both bikes flared to life as their engines roared.
    If Li Mei or Nick would like to stop the bikers you may do so. They aren't interested in fighting Nick since hit just knocked out their friend with one punch.

George and Ethan

Autumn obligingly pulled the seatbelt across her chest and buckled herself in as the sedan shot forward the speedometer rocketing to the right as it did. The driver of the van slammed his foot on the brake as the vehicle swung down the off ramp and bounced over the curb into an abandoned gas station. Ethan saw the sedan being driven by George pull ahead on them and stop right in their path preventing the vehicle from going any further.

The driver stared towards the back of the van and saw the body of the gunman Ethan had killed laying sprawled on the floor. His breathing quickened and he struggled to speak. "Oh Jesus please, please don't kill me."
    Rapport 4d6 -1 Yeah the driver is not an expert at handling social encounters. He is taken right the heck out of this fight. Nice work Ethan.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Li Mei sniffed politely before she hit each bike right in each of their front wheels, knocking them out of alignment.

"Lai lai, running out on a girl before you buy her drinks, very rude behavior for gentlemen."

• Options
    "Why don't we have a nice chat about this and I'll see what I can do about getting you a comfy cell to stay in for the night?" Ethan gestures for the driver to get out out of the car and signals for George to join them.

"Let's start from the top: who hired you and why were you trying to kill us?"

• Options
    edited May 2013
    "Hey." Nick pushed the nearest biker off his hog, then grabbed the bike by its frame. His muscles bunched and strained, Nick's eyes went wild and he started to snarl. Then he hoisted the bike over his head, and smashed it to the ground.

He pointed at the biker that had put his hands on Li Mei. "You should be more respectful towards women."
    Might to pick up a Motorcycle: 4dF+5 4 pfff, screw that, FATE POINT

Might to pick up a Motorcycle, reroll: 4dF+5 7 Much better.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Nick and Li Mei

As Nick smashed the motorcycle to bits the second biker lost control of his bike and crashed a few feet away in the parking lot. Li Mei's kick had bent the front wheel of the bike so far to the left that it looked like an enormous boomerang. The biker who'd lost control was cradling his arm and staring up at Li Mei in absoluter terror.

The biker who'd been unseated by Nick stared at the shattered remains of his motorcycle, then at Nick. He swallowed with great difficulty and then spoke to Li Mei in a voice that was barely a whisper. "We're sorry for the trouble miss, it'll never happen again."

George and Ethan

After opening the door the driver raises his hands over his head, even in the dim light provided by a mixture of streetlights and the distant headlights of cars passing on the freeway overhead Ethan can see they're trembling. "I can't tell you anything. He'll kill me if I do."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch