As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Time in Flux: a [Mini][Phalla] - Game Over. Time Vandals(Mafia) & KetBra(Neutral) Victory!

premiumpremium Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Critical Failures
San Jose, November 30 1952

Officer Daniel Hatchett walked past a construction site. It was hard to imagine that the freshly excavated patch of land would one day be the TimeCop HQ. As he started pushing buttons on a device strapped to his wrist, he wondered if his recruitment efforts would be enough. Only time could tell...

San Jose, September 30 1997

The building that Daniel Hatchett stood in front of looked just like any of the other tech companies in the area. It would be almost 35 years before TimeCop was founded and this building would show its true owner. Daniel pulled a list of very special names out of a mail slot. He tucked the list into his pocket, and pressed a few more buttons on his wrist.

San Jose, February 29 2032

Daniel walked hurriedly into TimeCop HQ. No matter how early you arrived for a meeting with the Commander, you were always just a little late.

“Are the preparations complete?”, the Commander boomed. He was obviously annoyed that Daniel was late again.

“We’ve done everything we can, short of ripping the earth apart with a localized class 6 paradox again.” Daniel hated being late.

“And you’re sure these recruits can help?” The Commander didn’t understand how anyone could be late. Did they not understand time travel?

“Yes sir, they were all unaffected by the minor alterations to their timeline.” Daniel was sure that one day these recruits would make fine TimeCops one day, assuming that TimeCop still exists one day.

“Good. We’re losing officers left and right out there. The Principles of Time must be protected from these Time Vandals at all costs. Our future depends on it.”

Daniel started pushing more buttons on his wrist device. The TimeCop had no time to lose.

Somewhere outside time and space, something was stirring...

What the heck?

This is a Phalla, Penny Arcade Forums version of the party game Mafia.

This phalla has nothing to do with the movie TimeCop, and usage of the word is entirely because I think the idea of a “TimeCop” is pretty cool.

This sounds sorta interesting! May I please know more?

This is a Village vs. Mafia setup with some twists.

General rules of Phalla can be found here.

Each day, you must vote for one player to be killed. Votes must be placed in Bold Red. The ‘winner’ of this vote will be arrested and (REDACTED).

Tie votes are bad. (REDACTED) will happen if the red vote is tied.

In addition, everyone should make at least two non-vote posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement.

Vote close is 0:00 Mountain Time(2:00 Eastern Time). All votes and actions at 23:59 Mountain Time and before will be counted, while any submitted after will not.

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or share screenshots of them. Paraphrasing is ok.

Do not anonymously contact anyone. All communications regarding the game should be traceable to your forum username.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game related information. After that please do not discuss the game with any players, living or dead, without my permission.

Are there any special mechanics I should know about?

Of course! This is a premium phalla, after all.

Players will start in one of 3 junctions: 1952, 1997, or 2032. These are the locations in time that have become the battlegrounds for control of the timestream. These will be assigned by the host at the same time as your role.
In general, abilities used in a junction can only affect another player in that junction.

That's all very nice, but what if I have a question?

Ask for clarifications in Bold DarkOrange. You may PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread. If you have questions about your role please send me a PM.

What should I do if I wanted to contact someone privately?

Make sure you invite me and make me an admin of any proboards you might form.

Please add me to all PMs related to this game.

Do not add other players to existing PM conversations.

Anything else I should know?

This phalla may be somewhat crazy and experimental, so I'm making absolutely no promises about balance.

Special thanks to @Rend for some helpful feedback on the mechanics and roles.

Can I get a sample role?

Sure!
You are a Civilian.

You woke up one day and the world looked different. Were things always this way?

Then the TimeCop showed up. Things were different. Someone was mucking things up.

He left you with a communicator and a calling card to report anyone you think is suspicious.

Your time has just been commandeered.

Powers: None. Hell, you still barely understand what's even going on.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the TimeCops.

I'm so down for this, how do I sign up?

Please make a post in Bold Limegreen to sign up. If you would like to sign up for the reserve list, please indicate it in your post.

This phalla is designed for 30 players.

premium on

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Player List:
    1. Auralynx
    2. vertroue
    3. The Anonymous
    4. Grunt's Ghosts
    5. Megafrost
    6. Iron Weasel
    7. Farangu
    8. ihaveachair
    9. jdarksun
    10. Lockeout
    11. Langly
    12. I needed a name to post.
    13. Phyphor
    14. JPants
    15. BradicusMaximus
    16. Zonugal
    17. Ringo
    18. ObiFett
    19. Cayrus
    20. KetBra
    21. Flarne
    22. Egos
    23. CesareB
    24. Kilnaga
    25. MrTLcious
    26. TheRoadVirus
    27. OminousLozenge
    28. GriswoldInvictus
    29. Matev
    30. blahmcblah

Narrations
    Opening Narration
    End of Day 1
    End of Day 2
    End of Day 3
    End of Day 4
    End of Day 5

premium on
    edited April 2013
    Clarifications:
    Order of actions:
    Vote->Abilities

blahmcblah wrote: »
    Thralls, millers, conversions?

I really need to host games more often. It's been too long since I could say CLARIFICATION DENIED

premium on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    meeeee

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    You can't go changing the past! You'll create a time paradox!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sign up! I know this is a time themed Phalla but how can votes close at 00:00 Mountain Time and 01:00 Eastern Time? What time will it be in Central Time?

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You can't go changing the past! You'll create a time paradox!

As a guy said to me in class a couple weeks ago: "Things were always different in the past."

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Sign up! I know this is a time themed Phalla but how can votes close at 00:00 Mountain Time and 01:00 Eastern Time? What time will it be in Central Time?

!
    Was supposed to be 2 eastern, I missed that in my proofread.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal

Megafrost on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I haven't yet read the OP

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    I haven't yet read the OP

Here, let me help you with that.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal

• ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Here's hoping I don't accidentally kill my grandparents.

Rule #1: Alwa-- wait where's @kime ?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I want to, but I am probably gonna avoid Phallas for the next few weeks. I've got too much to do for the end of the semester, and this would be too much of a distraction I think. Try to have fun without me :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    But I just enjoy killing you!

Okay. I'll give it a try.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Reserve!
    Depending on how long it takes you to fill and what Quirks of Fate looks like at that point, I might switch over.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Given that its a weekend and phalla has been somewhat slow of late, I'm expecting this will probably fill up Monday or Tuesday.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

liEt3nH.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I saw the word paradox and came as quickly as I could

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up!

JPants on
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'd sign up, but Langly and INANTP would never trust me with time travel. Especially if I'm a befriender :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    In this timeline, I am kime

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Guess I should wait a bit before I do my time phalla

ObiFett wrote: »
    Nah.

Just do it first.

Currently Playing:

Since we probably have at least a few similar ideas you can take a look at how they play out before actually running it!

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    premium wrote: »

Since we probably have at least a few similar ideas you can take a look at how they play out before actually running it!

Thousands of years ago - in the future - ObiFett runs his time phalla. We are unable to comprehend its majesty and he is forced to return to the past, become premium, and run his time phalla now.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I was pleased with my time travel joke, but I think I like auralynx's better.

Currently Playing:
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Wait, if ObiFett is premium, then we already have a time paradox and this phalla is now a blackhole. Game Over!

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    @MrtLicious already beat all ya alls to making a time phalla. so who cares

:rotate:
    I have a time phalla planned also

*wink*

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Are you talking about Majora's Mask or was this one before my time?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Did I Sign Up! yet? Oetherwise I do now.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I mean Sign Up!