As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What music do you like that I might like I would like to listen to it

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=AIjVpRAXK18

cant wait for a full album from them

Ah_Pook on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    It was a couple weeks back, though I haven't seen anything on here

but Wavves' new album is pretty great and also more accessible

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Man of the Waves on
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    the new streetlight manifesto album is so good

it leaked and it's on youtube and it's GOOOOOOD

shit i forgot to @metzger meister because he should listen and we can pop boners over it and jerk off together

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I got Fela and afrika 70 Sorrow Tears and Blood for record store day today. Also True Stories in vinyl because hello yes obviously. I did not, however, buy Crazy World of Arthur Brown or Wire, and I wanted to.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh dang it's Record Store Day
    the one in downtown Jackson has vintage sodas and beer and barbecue so I think I'm gonna make this an all-day thing

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh dang it's Record Store Day
    the one in downtown Jackson has vintage sodas and beer and barbecue so I think I'm gonna make this an all-day thing

Do it!! Although our store was already sold out of most of their special Record Store Day stuff it is still worth going and shopping and partying.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    my local record store was sadly already out of the RSD specific things I wanted, but I picked up Lord Willin, You & Me, Heaven, and Paul's Boutique on vinyl. So that was fun

I dunno if it's possible for me to state just how much I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlaRjP8pg0Q

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I hit up 3 stores today. Only got 2 releases that I was after. I'm really angry that I couldn't get the Garbage/Screaming Females one. I've been listening to that track on Youtube all week.

Had a wonderful encounter with one record store owner assbag. I had never been to this particular local shop before, so when I walked in I asked where their RSD stock was. The owner says...

"I'll be honest, we don't really do the bullshit limited release record store day stuff. The people who run Record Store Day aren't record store owners, they're just out to make money. I've been getting calls from SO MANY customers asking about the Dead and Phish and White Stripes and Lips releases and a bunch of others, so I just don't choose to order anything because then it just pisses off my customers when I only get a few of each record"

Then he proceeds to practically herd me over into his vinyl room where he has tens of thousands of used LPs on floor to ceiling shelves. I start to flip through a few $80 Black Flag records and he flips out telling me "Those aren't BROWSING records! They're very valuable! This Beastie Boys record is worth $500 but if you bend a corner while you're flipping through it, it'll only be a $400 record!" After I rolled my eyes at him, he says "Just tell me what you want and I'll pull the records and show you." Despite my better instincts, I asked about a Bad Religion record that I could see at the front of a stack. He grabs it and shows it to me. I start to take the LP out and inspect the vinyl and he loses his shit again: "DO NOT take the records out of the sleeves! You could damage it!"

That was when I said "fuck this" and left.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    YO METZGER

WE GONNA JERK OFF TO THIS SHIT TODAY OR WHAT

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    All the RSD stuff was gone by the time I got there but they still had some live music and I ate hella barbecue and drank much coke from glass bottles and picked up the new TMBG

Grey Ghost on
    This RSD Fela album is fantastic, if anyone was wondering. Although I didn't check properly and notice that it was 45 rpm so it started off a bit weird... :bz

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    say aht you will about the movie, but the Soundtrack for Oblivion (by M83) is pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdjHZkOEjPc

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    I hit up 3 stores today. Only got 2 releases that I was after. I'm really angry that I couldn't get the Garbage/Screaming Females one. I've been listening to that track on Youtube all week.

Had a wonderful encounter with one record store owner assbag. I had never been to this particular local shop before, so when I walked in I asked where their RSD stock was. The owner says...

"I'll be honest, we don't really do the bullshit limited release record store day stuff. The people who run Record Store Day aren't record store owners, they're just out to make money. I've been getting calls from SO MANY customers asking about the Dead and Phish and White Stripes and Lips releases and a bunch of others, so I just don't choose to order anything because then it just pisses off my customers when I only get a few of each record"

Then he proceeds to practically herd me over into his vinyl room where he has tens of thousands of used LPs on floor to ceiling shelves. I start to flip through a few $80 Black Flag records and he flips out telling me "Those aren't BROWSING records! They're very valuable! This Beastie Boys record is worth $500 but if you bend a corner while you're flipping through it, it'll only be a $400 record!" After I rolled my eyes at him, he says "Just tell me what you want and I'll pull the records and show you." Despite my better instincts, I asked about a Bad Religion record that I could see at the front of a stack. He grabs it and shows it to me. I start to take the LP out and inspect the vinyl and he loses his shit again: "DO NOT take the records out of the sleeves! You could damage it!"

That was when I said "fuck this" and left.

the big record store we used to have in town felt like this sometimes

i wasn't at all sad to see it go out of business

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah. From now on I'll be sticking to my two regular stores where they treat me like a functioning adult who can be trusted to handle their slabs of plastic with cardstock covers.

This dude also had a box of about 20 new records. Mostly in print stuff from The Misfits, Springsteen, Bouncing Souls, and some Ramones. They were all priced at $30-$40 each. This guy is clearly insane.

/RSD venting

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentlemen, The Melvins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMDY3RhF9g0

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    so, one time, like four years ago, I was in the kitchen at my parent's house, making myself some grub

my dad is sitting across the counter from me, and he says, "so, have you ever heard of this band Radiohead?"

and I think good god yes I have heard of them, they are only the very best band of the last decade

"Uh, yeah. I have heard of them."

"They're pretty good!"

"Yes. Yes, they are."

fast forward to now, and the new daft punk single, and a new conversation:

"Hey have you heard of these guys, Daft Punk?"

"YES DAD I HAVE HEARD OF THE BEST HOUSE DUO EVER."

"I like this one song, I don't think it's their big hit though, it's kinda weird. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, I think it's called."

"*sigh* yes, dad. it's good."

Shorty on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    this might be my favorite thing and i can't believe it's my first time hearing it
    http://youtu.be/s5o2JafELJo

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Somebody listen to the new Meat Puppets and tell me how it is

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Alright so last night I finally got to see The Joy Formidable live and they were just as incredible in person as I'd been led to believe, however I'm sure both satans and I have posted basically as much TJF stuff as possible in this thread already so I won't post more.

INSTEAD I will post about the opening act, Blood Red Shoes which I had somehow never heard of before and was in love with like halfway through the first song. I mean they check off an almost absurd of number of my personal boxes.

drummer lead vocals check
    supercute lady guitar player check
    loud, energetic stage prescence check
    lots of dueling/overlapping vocals check
    post punk influences up the wazoo check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUixJoSwEmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_KAAS8TuL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-8ReDmiws

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fell in love with this song over the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJDNw7o6so

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Antimatter on
    The Hives are incapable of being anything less than fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQx2R4jO7I

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    edited April 2013
    Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Someone tell me an album that is good to listen to all the way through.

Maybe something Alt Rock.

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    detroit's rap scene has always been a personal favorite of mine

good to see black milk back at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72t2k-OQ_e8

Matey I miss you

This discussion has been closed.