As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seattle forumer gatherings - Version 20.15

• NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone ( anyone else going to PAX East) interested in getting a pre-PAX East tabletop meetup going?

I am going to East! I would be up to doing a pre-East event as well! (..I finally moved back to Seattle. It's been a while.)

• nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    RE March the 23rd Paratady

I will be attending. MAYBE with two guests. Maybe alone. I will inform them of the house policies for kegbeer and byobottle.

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    Hm. A Non-pax goers party eh? I should be able to make it, provided I don't sleep through the entire weekend.

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I live in Oak Harbor, and created a thread for gaming up in Island and Skagit Counties... however there aren't nearly as many gamers in those Counties as there are in the Seattle area. So if I have to go down to Seattle to game... then so be it. I just got both expansions to Battlestar Galactica at PAX East, so I'm definitely looking to play those. I also have Star Wars X-Wing with Ties, Advance Ties, X-Wings, Slave One, and the Millenium Falcon, for which I'm looking for players. My other tabletop games include Cards Against Humanity (all 3 expansions and PAX East cards), Castle Ravenlloft, Zombie Munchkin, Zombies (with Zombie Clowns expansion), Sentinels of the Multiverse, and Axis & Allies. Unfortunately, I work the weekend shift (Thursday thru Monday). Tuesday is probably the best day for me. Wednesday during the day is a possibility, but having to be at work at 0530 on Thursday means I can't stay late in Seattle. I looked on meetup.com but didn't see anything beyond a Tuesday night group at the Raygun Lounge. However, that seemed to be a static group of regulars that already have their set lineup of games they play. Thus, there wasn't any leftover gamers or an influx of new gamers that were looking for games. 2-3 hours each way, is a bit too much travel just to "maybe" find gamers... So I was hoping to organize something more solid. Perhaps find others who work a can only participate in such events during the week. Any takers... ideas... suggestions.

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Downside is what you mentioned, your schedule. Most people have weekends off.

I know I personally dont do much (other than maybe food) on a weekday cause my job is pretty demanding and I cant be out very late.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    So we're (@redwingedblackbird) and I are going to be at the Belltown Pub this Wednesday with board games to see what's what. There's food there, I think...

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    There is a bar, food, and desert. They do have games there you can play, but most people bring their own games. The gaming group that regulars meets there, already has 10 people RSVP'd, and more usually show up. The group also reseveres the back two long tables, but usually takes up a a couple booths as well.

Yeah... working weekends sucks when it comes to stuff like this. Can't really do anything about it right now, so I figure try to make the best of it.

Looking to check out Cafe Mox this Tuesday night... hoping to get some Battlestar Galactica (with expansions) or Star Wars X-Wing going. Anyone else interested?

• AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    So I'm going to be moving to Mount Vernon from Lynnwood sometime this year... I'd love to see some more action on gaming between Everett and Vancouver. For now, though, I think the center of anything I do will be in King county immediately surrounding Seattle.

fss_overall.png
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    If anyone is interested in meeting up at Raygun for Tuesday gaming, let me know. I live down the street from the Lounge and am always up for some boardgaming shenanigans.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
    I can do Raygun on Tuesdays. Maybe not THIS Tuesday, but upcoming ones would be cool.

Since there isn't really a "inbetween PAXes" now that there are 3, along with the fact this thread only made it to two pages I am just re-purposing it for the rest of the year. Yearly threads will continue from hereon out.

also, protip: a lot of us are going to be at bootie this friday (its at chop suey on cap hill)

Obviously... this Tuesday may not out for everyone, given that it's already Tuesday. But next Tuesday might be better, as it would give us a week to assemble people. We've already got a couple people in this thread who've shown interest. So how about we say next Tuesday (tentatively) and see how many people we can round up?

• QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Just a heads up - one other gentleman who is a member of the Columbia Tower Club and I are going to be hosting a series of tabletop days in the Club between now and PAX (and probably thereafter). Those of you who participated in Tabletop Day Atop The World this year know what a blast it was. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Quintious wrote: »
    Just a heads up - one other gentleman who is a member of the Columbia Tower Club and I are going to be hosting a series of tabletop days in the Club between now and PAX (and probably thereafter). Those of you who participated in Tabletop Day Atop The World this year know what a blast it was. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Is there a bar?

Quintious wrote: »

That sounds awesome... I imagine that they have a bar and food of sorts. How late could such an event go? Would it be a daytime event or something that would start in the evening and go until whenever?

• hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    A little late but is anyone going to Zelda night at the Afk tavern up in Everett tomorrow?

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
    OH SHITS PARTY!

[SEA] Spring Party! 5/18

Oh man, all of the things going on in May for me. Thankfully May is my deader times at this new job it seems. I got my manager to tell me I wont have to work any weekend. Not even on call! w00t!

Since a number of people will be in town for the golf thingy the following Monday, LETS DO A PARTY!

Where:
    (PM ME FOR ADDY IF YOU DONT KNOW WHERE I LIVE BY NOW)

(House rules for those who arent familiar; 21+, No coming if you are sick, no drinking until you are sick, No being stupid (usually not a problem), Pay your beer tab, if you want access to the massive booze stash then you donate a bottle to it, be quiet outside after 10pm)

Bring a food/drink/mixer item for sharing. Bring booze if you wish to partake.

Show up no earlier than *NOON* (new time!) Earlier in the party we have typically played board games if anybody wants to come partake. The latest tradition is people rolling in early to play some DRUNK QUEST before the serious drinking happens :P
    (Plus so Darc can get his old man nap in before the party starts, heh)

Hopefully the weather is nice! If it is we can do some grilling. If not then inside activities it is!

SINCE I AM DRIVING TO SFO THE WEEKEND BEFORE THIS I WILL BE ABLE TO DO A WARPCORE (assuming we have nice weather)

CHEAP LIQUOR AHOY!

HOLY SHIT I AM SO THERE. IS IT 5/18 YET? HOW ABOUT NOW?

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    D-did you say... warpcore!?
    I will plan on being there. Work gets a little crazy on the weekends in the warmer months though but hopefully it won't be an issue.

UNRELATED
    Any chiptune fans in the area? A chiptune festival is in the works to take place in July in Seattle with some of the biggest names in the scene, but it needs to be funded first. Any help is appreciated, should be a good weekend!

NSw0gum.png
    edited April 2013
    OMGWTFBBQ INFO:

HAY GUYS! GUESS WHAT I WAS ABLE TO DO THIS YEAR?!
    ACTUALLY AFFORD TO FRONT THE COST TO RESERVE SPACE!!!1!

June 29th.
    The... 6th annual OMGWTFBBQ @ golden gardens park

This will be ALL DAY! (what I reserved it for)

Shelter #2 and Tables 10, 11, and 12 are ALL OURS! MUHAHA (for 8am-10pm). This will likely be a lunchtime and onward thing, although some of us will be there all day for games.
    Here the seattle parks map where we will be:
    http://www.seattle.gov/parks/_images/maps/picnics/GoldenGardens.pdf

Cost was $160 but people last year said they would be willing to pitch in $$, so if you want to help out toward the cost of reserving the space just bring a few $$ to give me day of. Or if you really want you can paypal me the $$.

Bring foodstuffs to share, meat to grill, drink to... drink.
    Also a chair if you are like me and cant really fit into the picnic tables very well :P

I will personally bring Plates, cups, utensils, grilling fuel/tools, a couple canopies for sun shelter and if it somehow decides to rain, bottles to bribe hobos with, and a bigass cooler full of ice.

BigRed on
    TWO FUCKING EVENTS IN TWO MONTHS AND I'LL BE AT BOTH OH GOD.

okay, I'll stop yelling. Sign me up for both. I'll pitch in cash. check your paypal.

• WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Haha yes, I'll be in for both of these.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Count me in for the OMGWTFBBQ!
    I can probably slip you some dosh to help cover reservation cost, and I'll plan on being there before noon but it'll depend on how busy work is. I can also bring soda and other stuff to snack on or whatever might be needed at the time for BBQ.
    Also just finally purchased a copy of We Didn't Playtest This plus the ~Either expansion so I'll bring those, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that owns them.
    Otherwise I demand somebody bring Cards Against Humanity! With so many people it's bound to be... dare I say, epic?
    BigRed wrote: »
    bottles to bribe hobos with

Oh god, I forgot about that. Can't believe that was a thing that actually happened, ha.

NSw0gum.png
  • nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    I shall be at the Spring Party and the OMGWTFBBQ.

PREPARE YOUR BODIES. (For hugs!)

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    I will be at OMGWTFBBQ for sure. Possibly at the Spring Party. Not sure yet on that one...

I'll bring eats, drinks and a bit of cash to cover expenses.

fss_overall.png
  • BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    Yessssssssssss.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    These are also things I'll be at! Woo!

In for OMGWTFBBQ$$. I'll be bringing a good party game, The Resistance, which plays very well with 7-10 people. And some sort of nourishment.

Coldbrew wrote: »
    bottles to bribe hobos with

Oh god, I forgot about that. Can't believe that was a thing that actually happened, ha.

Yeah, FUCK Andy. Oh wait, he's dead.

Was that in poor taste?

Really poor taste would be wearing t-shirts that say "Andy 2013" on them. :P

fss_overall.png
  • XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    Maaaan, if only I was not at Paradiso on June 29th :(

edited April 2013
    WA Brewers Festival 6/14-16

http://www.washingtonbeer.com/wa-brewers-fest/

ORGANIZING OUTING FOR THIS YEAR

Who else is going?

FYI: Buy your tickets before the end of may to save money. Pre-sale ends and the price goes up.

I will be there all weekend, w00t!

BigRed on

Who else is going?

FYI: Buy your tickets before the end of may to save money. Pre-sale ends and the price goes up.

Red, Why you no go on SchlitzKrieg?

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    ZOMG I miss you OMGWTFBBQ. I'll be there. Might stop in to say hi at spring party, but not sure yet.

• KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013

Who else is going?

Shoot I've got a friend in the brewing world. I'll probably be there. We went to that big beerfest in Portland last year, that was pretty great. Are we gonna gamer it up? Bring some gameboys and board games?

KodiSir on
    Anybody going to the Volunteer park taco truck challenge this sat?

I am going. Mostly for the margarita garden.

mmm booze