As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration is live! (entirely sold out)

13»

• vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that I read it somewhere, that they said unlike the US PAX's they won't have individual names on our passes for AUS. I'll try find it again.

From the FAQ thread:
    SmallLady wrote: »

Do the PAX passes have my name on them?
    No.

I got this email back when i asked the same question....I purchased 4 tickets, 1 for me and 3 for others.....[info@paxaustralia.com.au]......

That’s fine, the tickets aren’t personalised so you will be able to gain entry. There will be security at the doors but they won’t be checking ID’s.

Kind regards,

Kellie

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, US paxes do not have personalized passes either, so I'm not sure where the information got started that there were :P It's always been the case that the passes are all you need to get in :)

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    ./ turns gencon brain off

Fuuu its been years but the coordinator brain sticks =\

It's like names and faces I know em all but they never get put together :p

Wellll, now we've established, re-established, confirmed and reconfirmed there is no names lets move on :p (on that note I'd like to say I said there was no names first :p so you can't hold it against me!)

Danacyrus on
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    JaydenB wrote: »
    3-Day coming in from Perth. Hope I'm not the only one coming from over here...

Hey @JaydenB, there are quite a few actually. There's a group of us on SE++ that get together on a regular basis, and I know at least a few are coming to Pax Australia (myself included).

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    So there is no names on passes then? :D

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Dude, there is... Didn't you read the last three pages...

Geeee... So ignorant... :rotate:

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    zerochosen wrote: »
    So there is no names on passes then? :D

please read the last few pages, it's only for international attendees who are there to collect.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    FPFr0sty wrote: »
    yer, I emailed them a few days ago... No reply... but im not liking our chances... looks like we may just end up with two passes, and 2 people may just miss out.
    I wonder if they may let us change the name on that day... you know, so if over time, someone we know wants to go as well... we can give it to them.
    ngk2d.png

zerzhul on
    I get it... was being a smart arse. Another Australian tradition :/

The name on the registration just serves as info for when they send badges out, or for pick-up at the show if you're doing will-call (not sure how it will work for PAX Aus) but you can also always just hand a badge to a friend and they can use it. It's not required that the individual person be in the registration system (unless they're doing something massively different for PAX Aus which I highly doubt).

Sounds like they're allowing the thing they stopped allowing in the US... that is, they're willing to transfer the registration to another person with your guidance. They stopped doing that in the US due to issues with scamming, etc.

• hemishhemish Registered User new member
    Brisbane folks flying down we all need to be on the same plane!

Only if you're flying on Tuesday morning :p

• FPFr0styFPFr0sty Registered User regular
    well; looks like i got a 3day pass and a BYOC... :P ; Being a trucker, well; lets just say, not many, if any truckers I know, are into gaming. (their kids are, but I dont know their kids, only them :P)

well; looks like i got a 3day pass and a BYOC... :P ; Being a trucker, well; lets just say, not many, if any truckers I know, are into gaming. (their kids are, but I dont know their kids, only them :P)

Same with being a biker... maybe we can turn this into a From Dusk to Dawn PAX "Bikers and Truckers only, man" :)

I wonder how far out the pax people mail the passes before the show? a few weeks? days? cos I don't want to be leaving without my pass!

For East and Prime, it's usually about 3-4 weeks prior to the show that they start sending them out. Not sure what will be different for Aus, if anything.

• DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    zerochosen wrote: »

Same with being a biker... maybe we can turn this into a From Dusk to Dawn PAX "Bikers and Truckers only, man" :)

Yeah, that is weird isn't it? I'm lucky in that I have 6 great mates who are gamer/bikers but given how many gamers and bikers I know, that is not a huge crossover!

AJR wrote: »
    JaydenB wrote: »
    3-Day coming in from Perth. Hope I'm not the only one coming from over here...

Hey @JaydenB, there are quite a few actually. There's a group of us on SE++ that get together on a regular basis, and I know at least a few are coming to Pax Australia (myself included).

Hi @JaydenB and @AJR I'm a 3-dayer coming from Perth on the Tuesday morning for 7 days straight. Hoping to Enforce but if not, the spare time will be spent exploring Vic roads by bike, eating, drinking and meeting PAXpeeps :-) Just asked to hook up on SE++ so hopefully I'll meet some other PerthPAXians before heading over.

@Dragon... if you are riding down... I do highly suggest going back via the "great ocean road"; its one of the most iconic roads around here.

Ah @FPFr0sty I would so love to do that :-) At the moment we can only get a week off and the con takes up most of that time. Jobs may change though, there are 8 months to go after all...

• AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Will there be any more 3 day passes?

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
    I wish I could get rid of mine.. but I will ahve to give it to someone I know; as I will have to give it to them in person.

Amigu wrote: »
    Will there be any more 3 day passes?

The easy answer is no. The longer answer is that theoretically if for some reason they decided to process some cancellations, some could go back into the pool, but this is extremely unlikely.

edited November 2012
    Just got an email to the person incharge of it.. turns out she was on holiday :P... so they may let a few of us ex-3dayers who are now BYOCers, get a refund and re-release the tickets.. finger cross :P (Being as early as it is.. surly they could bend it a little... :P :)

=============

Woot, well, thats all sorted, got the refund from the lovely ladies...

FPFr0sty on
    Saturday passes are now completely sold out. Friday and Sunday passes remain.

Crazy...

• rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Question, what happens if the passes don't get mailed in time?

I'm from Perth, but will actually be heading to Melbourne via Auckland as I'll be visiting family over there for a couple weeks beforehand so there's a possibility I'll be away when they arrive.

Due to the huge demand we’ve added an additional hall to #PAXAus. More space means more tickets available, including more Saturday passes!

rith wrote: »
    Question, what happens if the passes don't get mailed in time?

I'm from Perth, but will actually be heading to Melbourne via Auckland as I'll be visiting family over there for a couple weeks beforehand so there's a possibility I'll be away when they arrive.

Your pax pass is like a concert ticket. Ideally, you'd get it and show up with it. If you are pretty damned sure that you won't be at your address anywhere near the mailings, I would email info@paxaustralia.com.au and work out picking up your ticket at will call at the event. They should be able to help you.

• BeastsFuryBeastsFury NSWRegistered User new member
    I just came back from Queensland seeing family had no internet access for a very long time lol and i missed out of Pax Australia.

Me and my friend are looking to go can we rock up on the day and pay at the door or ?.

Any help would be great.

nope, tickets are available online only and they're all gone...you can see if there are people selling their passes but no you can't buy at the door.

edited April 2013
    Whoops! double post!

thegh0sts on
  • DaCrawDaCraw Registered User regular
    Just a quick note: although you can see if you can find someone willing to part with their pass, you can't use these forums to do it.

---
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    in a previous pax once it was within ~a month of the event the mods put up a thread for people willing to exchange passes for face value, will this be happening here?

tokyodove wrote: »
    in a previous pax once it was within ~a month of the event the mods put up a thread for people willing to exchange passes for face value, will this be happening here?

No. That practice ended in 2011.

i am assuming it was abused?

• jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    As I understand it, it was ended because hosting it on the forums made people think it was 'official' and 'safe', but the forums were not actually enforcing any kind of extra rules so it was basically exactly as safe as Craigslist, and they didn't want to be giving that air of authenticity to trades. I am sure there was some abuse but I've never heard it detailed.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
    edited April 2013
    That is exactly correct. We have no ability to effectively police it, and people were being scammed. Only avenue left was to discontinue the practice.

It is now completely against the rules to advertise or request badges via these forums.

zerzhul on