As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Sheraton Hotel

2»

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I will warn you that the hotel rate will be 215$ a night for 4 people instead of 2 people. I decided to keep my 4 person slot and pay more since it really is a serious pain in the ass to only have 2 keycards. I just wanna let everyone know whats up. Oh and I'm only bringing my SNES to my hotel room, I don't plan on bringing anything else except that due to how busy pax is.

Hehe, Should be a wild time. Oh and just a reminder-- We need to leave a good impression on these people here in the hotel. Hopefully we can take over the sheraton next year. Muhahahahaa.

Viscountalpha on
  • ppd1000ppd1000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hehe, Should be a wild time. Oh and just a reminder-- We need to leave a good impression on these people here in the hotel. Hopefully we can take over the sheraton next year. Muhahahahaa.

so we stick to the plan off lights out by 11?

ppd1000 on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ppd1000 wrote: »
    Are you all bringing a DS? and if so which games?

My GF and I will both have our DS. We have Tetris, Puzzle Quest, Cooking Mama, Starfox Command, Advance Wars, Brain Age and Trauma Center.

I welcome as many games of Tetris as possible.

Also, I should be maxed in Puzzle Quest by PAX, although I don't know how competitive I will be, I don't know anyone else with the game.

PeasantDave on
  • jay427jay427 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I want to get a 20 person Tetris match going...that's my goal and i think it may be doable. I also welcome any and all Puzzle Quest rounds....

jay427 on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

if not just be respectful of the others nearby in the hotel. I would say loud noises need to go away after 10pm. This is just my opinion though-- We do need to leave a good impression as representatives of the penny-arcade group.

Viscountalpha on
    edited July 2007

if not just be respectful of the others nearby in the hotel. I would say loud noises need to go away after 10pm. This is just my opinion though-- We do need to leave a good impression as representatives of the penny-arcade group.

I will have to agree with this, and so far i have, Mario Kart DS, Tramua Center, and Super Monkey ball for the DS will be planning on buying some more games before i go

ppd1000 on
  • ZineZine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am so down in the Shearton, I was one of the greedy people that have a room to themselves...sorry all those folks that didn't get a room at the sheraton for my room hogging. lol

I don't know if I should bring anything, I only have one Wiimote and my PS2 but who plays PS2 any more lol. Although my room is up for use if we need more party room!

Zine on
    edited August 2007
    Zine, you need a DS. :)

jay427 on
    edited August 2007
    as pretty much were all on dinner A, wanna go to gameworks after?

ppd1000 on
    edited August 2007
    jay427 wrote: »

I actually do have a DS I totally forgot! Not many games for it however >.> which games are we more likely to see with the DS and PSP cause I have both but I am lacking in Multiplayer games for both of them. I am a console my mostly ;-)

Zine on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zine wrote: »
    jay427 wrote: »

I actually do have a DS I totally forgot! Not many games for it however >.> which games are we more likely to see with the DS and PSP cause I have both but I am lacking in Multiplayer games for both of them. I am a console my mostly ;-)

Honestly, with the DS you hardly need any games, since most of the multiplayer games have download play.

I have heard several people talk about Puzzle Quest and Pokemon, but both of those games require you spend time building your character/team.

PeasantDave on
    edited August 2007
    Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS, Puzzle Quest, Custom Robo, etc etc

jay427 on
    edited August 2007
    I might pick up Puzzle Quest, although this Download play thing sounds cool. (None of my friends have a DS and I just got mine)

Zine on
    edited August 2007
    Download play is nice and easy, but you don't usually get all of the options you would if you had your own copy....for instance, in Mario Kart, if you use download play, you'll only get to play with one character instead of the hundreds of combinations you could otherwise. You also limit the amount of tracks that you all can play. For htis game especially, it pays to have your own copy...that and it truly is an incredible game and every DS owner should own it. imo.

jay427 on
  • katherine_84fkatherine_84f Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Me and 4 others will be at the Sheraton, joined by 1 more after concerts etc. I understand we want to be quiet-ish at the hotel when it gets late so that we leave a good impression of PAX goers.. but where the heck are the after-parties happening? It's not like we can set up the consoles in a bar or something.

Let me know, because we'll bring a decent amount of alcohol (google maps says we have a liquor store a block and a half away). I'll probably wear my "I love nerds" shirt on Friday since I won't be able to meet any of you at the pre-pax events *grumble*

katherine_84f on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    That liquor store is gonna sell sooooo much liquor

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

We're gonna pull a subway on 'em.

Some 45 year old alcoholic Seattlean will go in to buy his Wild Turkey and find a 'sold out' sign on the front door.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

We're gonna pull a subway on 'em.

Some 45 year old alcoholic Seattlean will go in to buy his Wild Turkey and find a 'sold out' sign on the front door.

Even the bums will be dry that weekend

atray on
    edited August 2007
    Back on point

NO RCA JACKS(Composite-yellow-red-white) ARE AVAILABLE
    I'm still bringing my snes since they will likey have access there at pax for a classic console night. I'll size up the protection box, usually a macrovision box and make sure to have a universal remote.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles it seems.

Viscountalpha on
  • pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    After reading some hotel reviews, it looks like parking at the Sheraton is $35/day + tips, and is Valet only. Is there a cheaper alternative? Is it possible to park at one of the parking garages for 3 days?

[Edit] Answered my own question: I emailed the WSCTC about parking, and received a reply that parking overnight is permitted. If staying longer than 3 days, they request that you let them know ahead of time. It should be cheaper then parking at the hotel.

pjarvi on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Back on point

I'm still bringing my snes since they will likey have access there at pax for a classic console night. I'll size up the protection box, usually a macrovision box and make sure to have a universal remote.

You crush my dreams. ;-;

Dee Kae on
    edited August 2007
    Back on point

You crush my dreams. ;-;

No.. I like being a realist. There will likely be access at PAX and if need be-- Haxoring will happen.

Viscountalpha on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Back on point

You crush my dreams. ;-;

No.. I like being a realist. There will likely be access at PAX and if need be-- Haxoring will happen.
    But rooms!

ZHEE ROOMS!

Dee Kae on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Back on point

Is there coax? I really wanted to bring the PS2 for some guitar hero.

bombardier on
    edited August 2007
    bombardier wrote: »
    Back on point

Is there coax? I really wanted to bring the PS2 for some guitar hero.

usually how it goes is.. they have a little box with a torq bit on it. usually they come off easily. Do this at your own risk of an extra hotel bill. I make it a special point to put things back as they were if not better. I leave my hotel room looking decent, sometimes leaving a tip if I felt the hotel did an exceptional job.

Have courtesy and common sense. If its not coming off easily, DO NOT push harder. I stress we need to leave the sheraton with a good taste in their mouth (oh the innuendo) So we can book it 100% solid next year. The sheraton is a nice hotel-- They emailed me confirming my dates and times and even gave me a weather report (which was something I was thinking about)

Tl;dr -- It should be hackable but please, please-- be gentle (innuendo x2 combo)

Viscountalpha on
  • WhereMyArmWhereMyArm Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    pjarvi wrote: »
    After reading some hotel reviews, it looks like parking at the Sheraton is $35/day + tips, and is Valet only. Is there a cheaper alternative? Is it possible to park at one of the parking garages for 3 days?

[Edit] Answered my own question: I emailed the WSCTC about parking, and received a reply that parking overnight is permitted. If staying longer than 3 days, they request that you let them know ahead of time. It should be cheaper then parking at the hotel.

What kind of a scam is that? Valet only? Lame. Anyway, do you mean you inquired about parking on the street for 3 days or what?

WhereMyArm on
  • pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    WhereMyArm wrote: »

What kind of a scam is that? Valet only? Lame. Anyway, do you mean you inquired about parking on the street for 3 days or what?

No, parking at the convention center parking garage.

pjarvi on
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    WhereMyArm wrote: »

I'm staying at the Sheraton, with 4-5 other people.

Those parking rates are really harsh... Are most people going to try parking at the convention centre then?

Avenrosh on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Yar in the Sheraton with Grat, & Soulfury

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
This discussion has been closed.