As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Is there some way in Opera to make the style play nice with the forum feature where if you click on a thread, it instantly moves to the last read message? Because it doesn't instantly jump. It goes to the top of the page, loads for like 30 seconds, and then jumps to the last read message. Even if you've already manually scrolled down the page.

Chrome does the same thing.

In fact, Chrome jumps around the page multiple times DURING loading the page, even if you're scrolling down.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not sure it's the stylesheet's fault. It does that all the time on my ipad, which obviously can't run stylesheets

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's a forum 'feature'

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    jumping around is probably caused by images being loaded

I guess chrome could probably do a better job of preserving your scroll location when the height of the page changes?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I think it also has something to do with the quote hiding feature, because it sometimes acts up when the only images are the sigs and avatars, which should be already cached

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oh yeah that would make sense

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    One could block the website completely until the page finishes loading too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    See, the thing is, even when it finishes loading, even if you don't touch it, it doesn't always jump to the newest post. Sometimes it goes to the bottom of the page when you have 20 new posts

(and then you press refresh and it loads 3-4 pages later because of how the #latest functionality is stupid)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated. Looks like a forum update changed the default font size of the agree/awesome counts, making them unreadable on the style. Manually set the font size, plus tweaked the text on them a bit to make them align better.

Additionally, mods, admins, and Vanilla admins now have their ranks between their avatars and usernames. Wish I'd noticed how easy that was to do a long time ago. Wanted to do the same for jailed and banned users, but it appears they don't get a special rank any more, just the image.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @Suriko Jailed users have a style right at the top item level:
    <li class="Item ItemComment Rank-Regular Online Jailed Role_RegisteredUser" id="Comment_25640436">

• Options
    Updated to account for the changed Geth thread warnings above the post reply area.

If you don't like the little lines from Geth (Resistance is quaint, etc), add these two lines just before the last }:
    .MinionGreetings{
    display:none !important;
    }

.MinionObey{
    display:none !important;
    }

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Any chance of ye olde style incorporating the little icons that show which users have awesome'd your posts?
    /* restore reaction record */
    	.PhotoWrapSmall{
    		display:inline !important;
    	}
    	.ReactSprite {
    		display:inline !important;
    	}
    	.RecordReactions + .Reactions, .Reactions{
    		margin-top: 10px !important;
    	}
    	.RecordReactions {
    		display: block !important;
    	}
    	.UserReactionWrap .ReactSprite {
    		bottom: 0px !important;
    		position: absolute !important;
    		right: 0px !important;
    	}

Thank you.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I signed into Chrome on my new computer and Stylish is acting weird. userstyles says I have to install it even though its installed.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    What effect, if any, will Ye Olde Style have once they customise @Tube posts? I notice that @Handgimp has apparently got custom posts for a year from Solid Saints, and has chosen to make his posts be in the colour of the old forums - ie, Ye Olde Style. For us, his posts don't look any different.

Will Tube's be similar? I don't really want to miss out on seeing Tube's posts but I also really don't want to go back to white.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I expect you should be able to see the changes

ye olde style just adds an additional set of rules to the vanilla penny arcade set, and because the "reward rules" are (probably always) more specific, will have higher precedent

edit: Actually, you might not get a few parts of it, depending on what suriko has defined as !important. It might look weird, we'll see.

End on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can I get a style sheet to turn Handgimp's post to white? All this blue is just murder on the yes.

Ye Olde Newe Style

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    You...

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Code
    Tags
    Are
    Weird
    Again

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Is there a way to just have YOS not apply to certain posts? Like, say, Tube's? http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26420822/#Comment_26420822

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Is there a way to just have YOS not apply to certain posts? Like, say, Tube's? http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26420822/#Comment_26420822

Should just be possible to key off of Role_SolidSaintsTube

• Options
    Some of Tube-san's posts come through even with Ye Olde... others don't... I think Icy may still be working out some bugs?

• Options
    Newp. The YOS stylesheet is applied after anything I can include, so it will always override my stuff. The Title, Location, Avatar, Name, and Sig are all actual data though, so the YOS CSS doesn't affect them.

• Options
    Well, it's weird. At work in Chrome, in one post he's tube-san with everything applied purple and all, in the other he's just back to tube with no styling... at home in FF everything is in Ye Olde blue

• Options
    edited April 2013
    it's the specificity of the selectors

some of the YOS selectors aren't very specific, and some are. The .Role_SolidSaintsTube rules are all pretty specific

that combined with some rules being marked as !important and some not, you end up with a mismash

edit: and some rules are just inherited from higher levels of the page and easily get overridden by tube colors

End on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm not really sure yet where they're going to go with this tag business

but you can selectively only show certain tags by doing something like:
    .Tag { display: none; }
    .Tag[title="nsfw"], .Tag[title="chat"] { display: inline; }

(since they seem generated on the fly, for all I know, they might end up limiting what tags show like that eventually anyway)

End on
  • Options
    It looks like there's a set of keywords and if you put a keyword in brackets, boom

• Options
    ooh shoot I'm hiding the normal tags

that shouldn't too hard to fix though

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid spaces seem to break whatever code is responsible for those tags.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    .Meta-Discussion .Tag[class*="Custom"] { display: none; }
    .Meta-Discussion .Tag[title="nsfw"], .Meta-Discussion .Tag[title="chat"] { display: inline; } 

• Options
    Ah it's [anythinginbracketsaslongastherearenospaces]

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Probably just a \[%w\] regex

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Updated.
    25/4/13
    - Fixed code tags again.
    - Title tags generated on the fly are now colored orange.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Nice, thanks.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Gonna need an update for Dice integration.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Yeah, knew I'd have to do it eventually. Was just waiting for the implemention to be locked down, which it appears to have been.

Updated.
    15/5/13
    - Added styling for dice rolls.

• Options
    Quickly did another update. User actions look better, and this fixes the overflow on the right side that the default CSS has.

Example here.

• Options
    @IcyLiquid

I don't know if the right-side overflow is intended, or if things are this way in the default style for a reason, but I found moving the applied text padding like so:
    .MessageList.Comments .MeAction {
    background-image: none;
    padding-left: 150px;
    }

To
    .MeAction .Comment{
    padding-left: 150px;
    }

Removed the overflow.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Can someone post a screenshot of the dice results with YOS? I'm curious.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    @Infidel:
    Very quick screenshots here. (I am also using the mod to re-add reactions to Ye Olde but that's not relevant to the dice.)

• Options
    I should try to find that mod again

steam_sig.png