As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A wild PAX Aus panelist appears! (Panel announcements & discussion)

CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic MountPerth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
Lately we've seen a bunch of Panelist and guest announcements coming out of the PAXAus twitter feed and Facebook, going to see those I can round up and list them here for everyone. Did your panel get accepted? Any of the ones announced you're looking forward to? DISCUSS.

- Rooster Teeth's Burnie Burns, Gus Sorola and Jack Pattillo have a booth in Expo Hall and a panel at 1pm Friday July 19 in Main Theatre.

- Patrick O'Duffy, Mark Morrison and Matt Goodall are hosting a panel on RPGs

- Soundbytez are hosting a panel on the chiptune scene in Australia and around the world

- Geek Nights have a panel called "Beyond Dungeons & Dragons" at 1pm Friday 19th July in Wombat Theatre (NAME REVEALED?)

- The GameArena Podcast hosted by Joab Gilroy, Luke Lawrie, Jae Leong, Heath Dickson and Jeremy 'Junglist' Ray are doing a live podcast on Saturday July 20th.

- Ben McKenzie has a panel with Elphie Coyle, Derek Proud, Morgan Jaffit and Syrinscape (Benjamin Loomes) about mixing tech with the tabletop for RPGs

- The fanmade film Fallout: Lanius will have it's world premiere screening and Q&A with the makers including Wade Savage at PAX Aus, Saturday 20th July at 9pm in Dropbear Theatre (ANOTHER THEATRE NAME!)

- Pop Up Playground has a panel with hosts Ben McKenzie, Harry Lee, Christy Dena and the crew from Tech Assault about pervasive games and play.

- Marcus Carter along with Brendan Keogh, Dale Leorke, Daniel Golding and Laura Crawford about game studies.

- Dan Donahoo is hosting a panel with Leena, Luke Bennett and Giselle Rosman about geek parenting

- The MacTalk crew James Croft, Benny Ling, Peter Wells and Raj Deut have a panel on Mac and iOS gaming

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    My crafting panel was approved! It will be sunday morning in Wombat Theater. I ran this panel at pax east this year and want to continue the crafty fun in Melbourne :) I'm currently on the search for panelists since I know so very few people there. If anyone is a crafter or knows a crafter, I'd love it if you'd get in contact with me.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    Nice mix of panels so far! I'm not deeply invested in any of them but I'm aiming to broaden my horizons as much as possible at PAX. The Lanius premier should be great.

There's still a part of me hoping for a surprise Giant Bomb announcement but I know it's not feasible.

• Options
    CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I am going to try my hardest to make sure that I see that RT Panel. I'm hoping that I can work around it, being an Enforcer. Lol

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Got a response this a bit after midnight :D

• Options
    NeenerNeener Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    My crafting panel was approved! It will be sunday morning in Wombat Theater. I ran this panel at pax east this year and want to continue the crafty fun in Melbourne :) I'm currently on the search for panelists since I know so very few people there. If anyone is a crafter or knows a crafter, I'd love it if you'd get in contact with me.
    :O what kind of crafting? (pure curiosity)

• Options
    DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »

I am a crafty crafter but I was planning on Enforcing in the mornings. That probably cuts me out of being involved in your panel or even attending it (boo hoo)