As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Add [NSFW] Label to threads in the PA Hub?

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
Tycho and Gabe occasionally step over the PG-13 boundary with their comics, like today's impressive sample, and for folks slacking off from what they're paid to do it could potentially land them in the soup. Would it be viable to have Geth mark a comic as NSFW, and possibly inline it in the comic discussion thread?

RMS Oceanic on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm not exactly sure how an automated process (Geth making threads for new comics) is supposed to also interpret the image of the comic and decide it is NSFW. Not unless the guys figure out a way to tag comics as they upload them I guess.

Which isn't to say this is a bad idea, just saying automating it isn't a single button press.

Edit - Also mods have manually tagged threads before. I'm sure this will be a thing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm admittedly completely ignorant about how Geth detects a new comic to make a post about it, but I thought perhaps there could be a flag in the metadata that whoever uploads the comic to the site could set, and when Geth detects this flag he knows to add [NSFW] and post a link rather than embed the image.

Or maybe that's impossible. I dunno, just a thought.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh! This is not the thread for "tagging," my mistake.

I really, REALLY like the [tag] system that just appeared.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    To pre-empt future confusion I have changed the thread name.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I dunno... I never understood how browsing a gaming website's forums was somehow more SFW than the PG-13 content of some of the comics. Fortunately, my employer doesn't restrict non-work-related browsing so long as all employee's get their job done ... oh wait, I just answered my own question. NEVER MIND.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)