As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, April 29, 2013 - Everybody Loves Rayman

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited April 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god that first panel. "Did I fuck up? Maybe. Did you fuck up? Absolutely."

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I have known a man to have too dumb a face to look at.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Ha! Reminds me of playing co op games as a kid with my best friend.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I have yet to do a co-op challenge.

I have earned mostly silver, and I got a gold on yesterday's.

This is an awesome reason to turn on my Wii U every day, especially getting to compare my scores against all the G&T people on my list.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Quid wrote: »

Battletoads was basically the reason almost none of the boys in my third grade class were allowed to go to each other's houses anymore.

Hevach on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So Rayman Legends finally came out?

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Reminds me of playing co-op Splosion Man with my brother. Lots of "Hey, you done fucked up!"

However, it's all made up by how fun and crazy co-op Splosion Man is.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

Battletoads was basically the reason almost none of the boys in my third grade class were allowed to go to each other's houses anymore.

getting into fistfights with my cousin because he stole my last life in Contra

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The thing has coop? Is that how some players are making their characters move faster in Murfy's Dungeon? Interesting if it is, since it means that players are competing directly against the really damn good runner AI.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    The title of this comic is fantastic :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Praxus1874Praxus1874 West Valley City, UTRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    The title of this comic is fantastic :)

Agreed! I lol'd at that more than the comic itself :)

camo_sig2.png
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    This is why I fear to get a Wii U.

Well, that and not being able to eat.

kingworks on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ha, Gabe's news post is great.
    Rayman Legends Relationship Challenges

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So Rayman Legends finally came out?

No, but the "Challenges" part of the game is. Basically, it's the final game code, with only the demo stages enabled, but all the daily challenge stuff is enabled too. So there's no 30 use limit.
    jothki wrote: »
    The thing has coop? Is that how some players are making their characters move faster in Murfy's Dungeon? Interesting if it is, since it means that players are competing directly against the really damn good runner AI.

Yes. I don't know if it's 2 player, or if it is full 5 player like the main game, but you can certainly have a human handle the runner AI. Now granted, that means everyone coordinating, but a human can compensate for stupid mistakes as needed.... or completely fuck up a jump.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • MutakMutak Registered User regular
    RE: the news post
    To work with their terms, i think we all want products that can be "Always On(line)" not products that can never be off(line).