As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hail, Columbia, Happy Land! [BIOSHOCK: INFINITE] Sit through the credits!

19495969798100»

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I think having her straight beat up people would be derivative and lack finesse. It would also violate the general theme of the game, which is all about demonstrating stereotypes and then subverting them. It's much more interesting to see a flawed and anachronistically offensive stereotype grow into something that breaks the mold.
    Besides, if you're looking for the character without agency, you can do no better than Booker.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I'm working on an OP if no one else has anything planned.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Nuzak wrote: »
    The issue isn't that it's logically consistent to have her need your help, it's that the narrative and Elizabeth's character both enforce that logical consistency in the first place. It's well written and obviously it's not the worst offender in this regard but it would have been nice to have her have a few moments of ass-kicking, similar to what we saw in the first gameplay footage.

yeah basically. she was written as physically dependent but she could have been written in a way that doesn't play into stereotypes
    She's not a violent person by nature. Until Booker came along. Shit, she only ever is directly responsible for the deaths of three people in the standard timeline. She can defend herself to a realistic degree, as we see in the Gondola station, but she's still, as noted, young and inexperienced in combat situations at first.

Then comes six months of torture. And then we get a taste of Elizabeths asskicking fury.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    If I ever need help getting to sleep, I'll bring up the idea of agency with one of you people.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    finished this the other day.

wow the ending is uh.... and people thought ME3 was bad?

trying to play thru it again on "hard" ... damn it's like.. hard. doubt I will finish it..

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    jwalk wrote: »

trying to play thru it again on "hard" ... damn it's like.. hard. doubt I will finish it..

The ending to Infinite is really good.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    jwalk wrote: »

The infinite endings to Infinite [are] really good.

Fixed that part for ya.

Yeah, not sure about the comparison to ME3? Did you watch the entire credits of Infinite?

MichaelLC on
This discussion has been closed.