As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kraven Manor, a first-person horror/exploration PC game

TubeTube Registered User admin
Hi guys!

I'm a student at The Guildhall at SMU. Throughout this semester, a team of 13 student developers have been working on Kraven Manor, a first-person horror/exploration PC game. We're in our last two weeks of development now and I'm trying to get friends and fellow gamers to playtest our current build over this weekend.

Hiding_zps1ece9baf.png

We're torrenting the beta build here. So I ask of all you kind PA fans, to download and seed if you have a moment. The game itself takes under an hour to play. There's no hidden stuff or evil trickery within, it's just a build and a link to an online questionnaire (for which getting responses is our main goal here.)

There are still known bugs, but I hope you'll enjoy yourselves! It's a horror game, so of course playing in a dark, quiet environment makes it a bit better. If you have the means to Youtube record your reactions and post here or contact me with them (dxdavis@smu.edu), the team is setting aside time for watching.

Table_zpsfb82249a.png

The official playtest time is until Monday night (4/29) , but if you catch this later, feel free to download, enjoy and fill out the questionnaire anyway.

My sincerest thanks! I'll keep an eye on the thread and if there are any comments or questions, I'll try to be prompt in my reply.

• Options
    CoachMcGuirkCoachMcGuirk Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hi, by the way, I'm the one who wrote the post above.

So if you have any questions or feedback or anything, you can message me.

We're really hoping to get a few real gamers like yourselves to playtest. No cost, no catch. And if you give us feedback and choose to include your email, we'll send you a link for a free download of the complete game when it's done.

(removed link to outdated download)

Thanks again everyone!

CoachMcGuirk on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For those of you who don't/can't torrent, here's the executable on GameFront:

KravenManorBeta.zip on Gamefront
    KravenManorBeta.zip on IndieDB

Edited to make link point to current (5/2) version.

CoachMcGuirk on
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Okay, finished the game and filled out the survey! I did indeed record a video for you guys, mine turned out to be two freaking hours long. Sheesh. I'm hilariously slow at playing adventure games of all types though. What would be your preferred method to receive the video, @CoachMcGuirk? It's currently a 2 GB 2+ hour video file (recorded in 1080p), so I'd have to upload several Youtube videos or split the file and upload it to Mediafire or something (seems to only want to play in Media Player Classic though). I'll try to see about bringing down the filesize for now.

Really enjoyed the game... very professional for something by students, I think!

Essee on
  • Options
    Essee, thank you, that's fantastic! We got your questionnaire. We'll take your file any way that's convenient for you. This site has recommendations for free large file transfers if that's easiest, and anything we get I'll be editing it down and presenting highlights to the team. If those options aren't easy, you can email me at dxdavis(at)smu.edu and I can set something up on this end.

So thanks again, I'm really glad you liked it. We're still taking in beta feedback for the rest of the week, so share with any friends you think might enjoy it. That goes for anyone else reading too. :)

• Options
    Thank you for helping this weekend, Penny Arcade, it helped a lot!
    We still need more testers, and here's the newest build:

Download Kraven Manor Beta Test - 5/2/2013 (GameFront.com)

Download Kraven Manor Beta Test - 5/2/2013 (IndieDB.com)

(The questionnaire opens up when you first install the game)

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Horror games? AMG. There aren't nearly enough horror games out there, so gonna try this out when it gets dark (for obvious reasons).

SQUEE.