As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] PA Server is Beholder!

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    6AM GMT

Still 3000 long que.

REALLY GUYS?

EDIT: Also I'm guessing the que, similar to League, is 100% bullshitting me with whatever number it throws up.

Albino Bunny on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Yeah, I finally got through the queue. Quite a few times I jumped from like 2k to 70k in line. Just gotta hold strong and wait it out. You guys using any voip stuffs?

• ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hey Corrigan I'm on. My handle is Stasi Hawklight@Shrieve2.

FkbtS.png
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, could use a guild invite. Hammuel Baconeater@Jeix. Thanks.

Keina 'Soot'@Albinobuny

Also just did the top rated foundry quest. The hidden blade. That was neat, especially as the easy mode solution involved thievery.

Plus, HOLY SHIT THEY MADE AN MMO WHERE PVP IS FUN. Seriously, what. Though I felt like I was hitting like a wet noodle compared to the fighters, who could also tank far more. It was kinda weird.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    GF, 13 1/2; CW, 7.

Will be on sometime tomorrow.

488W936.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Keina 'Soot'@Albinobuny

Also just did the top rated foundry quest. The hidden blade. That was neat, especially as the easy mode solution involved thievery.

Plus, HOLY SHIT THEY MADE AN MMO WHERE PVP IS FUN. Seriously, what. Though I felt like I was hitting like a wet noodle compared to the fighters, who could also tank far more. It was kinda weird.

Albinobuny isnt an account name D: Won't let me friend you to invite.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Mmm strange, what's your details? I'll use those. Also it should be albinobuny without caps. That might be it.

Just died for the first time due to my net dropping while I was busy murdering orcs, so... this injury thing is interesting.

Friend me @CorriganX

n1woEHJ.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is this one of those betas that they're gonna wipe when the game launches?

Yes, the final wipe was last weekend. No longer wiping accounts.

n1woEHJ.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hey so, of the three server things. If someone is on Mindflayer, and the guild thing is on Beholder, can the person on Mindflayer still join the guild/group with people in Beholder like GW2 or WoW is kinda now? Or is it locked to the server?

Pretty sure its locked to server.

n1woEHJ.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    What's the website where you can access the crafting while not in-game?

Edit: Nevermind found it. https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Crafting works like the doff system in STO. All my timesinks!

oh god.

Nooooo

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hey so, of the three server things. If someone is on Mindflayer, and the guild thing is on Beholder, can the person on Mindflayer still join the guild/group with people in Beholder like GW2 or WoW is kinda now? Or is it locked to the server?

The game is currently running 3 temporary shards to support the glut of looky-loos at launch, and will by design in the near future contract down to a single shard. At the moment though, the servers are totally segregated.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Crafting works like the doff system in STO. All my timesinks!
    This handy web-portal lets you craft when not in game, I kept it open on my second monitor to craft on my alt while I was playing my main.
    Nice to be able to multi-task.

I love you. I've been asking for this link, unsuccessfully.

edited May 2013
    5:15 AM EST and still a 5000 person queue.

Maintenance this morning for 4 hours. Here's to hoping they are adding servers or new hardware for the current servers.

Edit:
    Stability

Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Here's to hoping!
    Login

Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

Noooooooo! That was the best part of the queue! (Most recent: 117212)

am0n on
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Suddenly i'm really glad I bought a hero of the north founder pack. Being able to bypass the queue is very nice.

am0n wrote: »
    Login

Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

Noooooooo! That was the best part of the queue! (Most recent: 117212)

119557, im actually about 950. WHO CAN TOP IT. WHO CAN CHALLENGE ME.

n1woEHJ.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    CorriganX wrote: »
    119557, im actually about 950. WHO CAN TOP IT. WHO CAN CHALLENGE ME.

Dungeons are fun.

Second place damage behind Corrigan who was 4 levels above me. Including me dropping for a bit half way through.

Yes, my e-peen is strong right now.

:P

I swear, the longer this bug lasts the higher the numbers get. If they let it go for a few more days we may put it... over 9000 thousand!

• Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Man, their servers must be getting seriously wanged. I can't get in not because of the queue, but because the patch process for the launcher seems to have been stalled.

Dungeons are fun.

Second place damage behind Corrigan who was 4 levels above me. Including me dropping for a bit half way through.

You're a rogue compared to great weapon warrior. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    Okay, new game, and I win.

Just had a "Queue Position: 1"

Tried to screencap it, but all I got was blackscreen.

CorriganX wrote: »
    Dungeons are fun.

You're a rogue compared to great weapon warrior. :p

There were 2 other rogues underneath me :P

Also my net is fudging around after the technician came in. So now I shall never conquer the que.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Okay, new game, and I win.

Just had a "Queue Position: 1"

Tried to screencap it, but all I got was blackscreen.
    Clearly this means it didn't happen.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
    Yeah, I've sat at one for a bit.

So, now the launcher has gone all white screen on my ass. Time to find and subject you people to the joys of the community. By that I mean official forum posts that make me laugh.

...okay, those don't seem to work either. I only managed to get this one:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163541-No-native-controller-support-one-less-player-customer-i-e-me

Come on game, must you rob me of ANY entertainment possible?

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I just got a queue position of 7121 and thought, "Well it's 4:43am PDT so that's probably the inflated number."

Then? 141736. :(

My god, I think I just found something useful on the main forums. If you want 2 extra character slots for free... just make a new account! Mailing things to characters doesn't seem to cost anything, so transferring items seems easy enough to do between account.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Oh man... being able to flip items on the auction house from work is just silly.

The gateway worked really well on my android too. Pretty nice feature so far. Only issue I've had is sometimes a profession task gets stuck on "finished".

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Having net issues which cause the que to log me out.

I am going to die of frustration.

Don't die, yet, Albino. If all goes well, they'll fix their network hardware and queues will be more manageable after the server maintenance.

If not, well, then you can die. One less person in queue!

I kid. <3

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Oh man... being able to flip items on the auction house from work is just silly.

The gateway worked really well on my android too. Pretty nice feature so far. Only issue I've had is sometimes a profession task gets stuck on "finished".

If you get stuck like that, just log out and log back in. Should fix itself, might take a couple tries.

Don't die, yet, Albino. If all goes well, they'll fix their network hardware and queues will be more manageable after the server maintenance.

If not, well, then you can die. One less person in queue!

I kid. <3

So what you're saying is we should organise fights to the death to lower the que times?

I concur. It's not that big a deal, I can tolerate the ques. It's just because my own net is being unstable that it causes an issue.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »

That wasn't my post. I'm a KBAM player. I was just having a chuckle at 'all MMO's should have gamepad support'

To be honest this game would probably control pretty well using gamepad. Just saying 'I can't play because you didn't put in this niche feature' made me laugh.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I hate to sound accusatory, but somehow I suspect the queue times will diminish greatly once they stop trying to sell more Founder's Packs.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Where's my pirate hat? I got my pony, but not a pirate hat.

What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.