As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] PA Server is Beholder!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    What is the guild name?

Can we add that to the OP?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Since there's a billion different currencies I'm considering making a quick write-up of the ones I've encountered so far.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    What is the guild name?

Can we add that to the OP?

The guild name can be changed at anytime by the leader. So.. its usually What A Nice Guild, but it can fluctuate..

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So I'm sitting on ~375 zen. What's the best investment for that at the moment? Convert to diamonds, use diamonds to do..something, wait, convert back to zen? What's the deal with this stuff.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Since there's a billion different currencies I'm considering making a quick write-up of the ones I've encountered so far.

This would be most helpful for those of us with less time to examine them at present.

I have noticed TF2 style purple crates have started to make an appearence now as well and require 150 zen/key/crate to open for a chance at various goodies, not least of which is a clone of level 60 warlock flaming horses from WoW.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So I'm sitting on ~375 zen. What's the best investment for that at the moment? Convert to diamonds, use diamonds to do..something, wait, convert back to zen? What's the deal with this stuff.

Diamonds are required for: Auction House, companion/profession stuff going instantly, buying prettyprettymounts, buying ID Scrolls, buying runes.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Went the torrent route for my download to support legitimate bitorrent use.

Taking god damn forever.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote:
    I have noticed TF2 style purple crates have started to make an appearence now as well and require 150 zen/key/crate to open for a chance at various goodies, not least of which is a clone of level 60 warlock flaming horses from WoW.

To be fair, nightmares and their established appearance have been around in D&D quite a bit longer than WoW has.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    it is impossible to "rip off" WoW

the entire point of the game is to be a big grab bag of whatever pop culture detritus 14-year-old budding Todd MacFarlanes think is cool

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I really really want the kobold follower. But I really don't want to grab the 2k zen for him. :(

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I want to go one step further

I want to be a kobold

• Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Do we have a guild at this point? I cant find anyone

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    er, how do I enter stealth as a Trickster Rogue? I'm sure I'm just missing something incredibly obvious...

Game seems pretty fun from what little I played of it tonight. Combat feels very much like Fable. Biggest thing that'd keep me from playing this at launch is the lag, which is worse-than-Dalaran horrendous. If they can't get that under control I don't think I'll be able to stand playing this that much.

Anyway, character name's Bullio if anyone wants to party up or whatever. Could also use a guild invite at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tab is stealth, and it grants a few bonuses, One) You can attack and the mobs will not know you are there, free damage. Two) Boosts your skills in various ways, check tooltips. Just know that when you use a skill from stealth you drop out righ away (except Bait and Switch and/or if you have the Daily that keeps you in) so get some free At-Wills in before using a skill. and Three) Depending on your set passives, will grant bonuses, ala movement speed from the Level 5 one.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    er, how do I enter stealth as a Trickster Rogue? I'm sure I'm just missing something incredibly obvious...

Game seems pretty fun from what little I played of it tonight. Combat feels very much like Fable. Biggest thing that'd keep me from playing this at launch is the lag, which is worse-than-Dalaran horrendous. If they can't get that under control I don't think I'll be able to stand playing this that much.

Anyway, character name's Bullio if anyone wants to party up or whatever. Could also use a guild invite at some point.

Stealth is unlocked at level 10. You just hit tab.

Is there a way to enter lower level dungeons btw? Because I'm levelling faster than friends and I want to keep playing, yet at the same time I want to actually be able to do content with them.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Stealth is unlocked at level 10. You just hit tab.

Is there a way to enter lower level dungeons btw? Because I'm levelling faster than friends and I want to keep playing, yet at the same time I want to actually be able to do content with them.

You just gotta be partied up with them, I think.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Ah okay, also is there a way to enter with less than five then? Because it's likely we'll be four or so and I suppose with my level advantage we may as well just do it as a group sans pubbies.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Ah okay, also is there a way to enter with less than five then? Because it's likely we'll be four or so and I suppose with my level advantage we may as well just do it as a group sans pubbies.

Yes, and you all have to walk into the dungeon. You can't queue with someone who's outleveled the dungeon.

Also, RE: Lag. I've been playing since last Tuesday and have yet to encounter any lag, rubberbanding and only got one disconnect when zoning out of a foundry mission.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular

Did you play Day 1? After the patch yesterday the queue and lag were significantly improved. No queue and no lag.

Unless you are EU or Aus... in which case all of their data centers are in the US, I wouldn't be shocked to find out the west coast, so many EU and further players have mentioned lag. Apparently there is an Option with the Launcher where you can set a Proxy to EU and that is supposed to help with lag.

• Options
    Also, the simple story on currency (and yes a longer write up is necessary)

Gold = Basic stuff. Basic companions, mounts, equipment and such.

Astral Diamonds = Earned by doing in game events or sometimes once an hour by invoking your god. A premium currency that is used to rush tasks (like training companions or crafting), but premium or wonderous items, used on the AH, and can be converted to Zen. More useful than gold, generally.

Seals (like Lion, Manticore, Pegasus, etc.) = Earned from dungeon and skirmish bosses. Buys you "at level" equipment that's higher quality that what you can buy.

Badges (Each zone drops different ones) = Traded at a trophy collector for a box of random green level equipment (might not even be for your class) or 40/level appropriate seal

Zen = Cash shop money. You can convert Astral Diamonds to Zen and vice versa. That's how you can buy everything in the cash shop via in game means.

I think that should cover the basics.

• Options
    I'm on eu and I haven't noticed lag at all on beholder. Maybe sometimes an attack hits that I thought I had dodged but I just attribute that to MMO jankiness.

• Options
    Just to check: how much is the top Zen purchase (5300 zen) in USD?

It's 45 euros for me.

• Options
    Kinda tempted to buy a mount and some character slots... Even at the dumb cost.

Only annoying thing is that the only Palamino/coloured horse they have is armoured. Which somewhat spoils the point.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The GWF is absolutely a class that doesn't work well without it's class mechanic or core skills. As the pieces start to fall in place around level 10 they start getting better as it ramps up but, man, those first 10 levels are shit.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Without the level 15 sword you get at level 1 from being a founder, GWF would be goddamn ridiculous. I'm enjoying it, but he does about 5x less damage than my rogue, and goes through health pots 2x as fast.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I didn't have much trouble with GWF, although I'm sure it would be easier on a TR. Did go through quite a lot of health pots until I got to 16. You really have to be on your toes because of the lack of a straight avoidance mechanic.

But now that I have my cleric companion I can keep rolling and only need to use pots for some bosses.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Well I am doing it without the founder weapon so that probably explains a few things. But the tab skill is pretty important and not having it for 10 levels makes the initial slog a beast.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Rogue's are glorious things. Also I kinda consider the sprint from what I've seen of it better. You don't have to use it up all at once and while it's less instant movement means you do have to break off attacks to move earlier you can avoid much more stuff than the rogue. Plus you can actually control how far you sprint.

EDIT: Also taking 500 AD=1 Zen then the thirty pound founders pack only comes with around 1,200 Zen.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    ShadowmantShadowmant Registered User regular

It's 45 euros for me.

$50
    It's essentially 1 cent per zen in USD (Unless you purchase $50+ at a time and get the extra "free" zen)

• Options
    Shadowmant wrote: »

It's 45 euros for me.

$50
    It's essentially 1 cent per zen in USD (Unless you purchase $50+ at a time and get the extra "free" zen)

Right, so I pay 59 dollars for that. 8->

• Options
    Shadowmant wrote: »

It's 45 euros for me.

$50

Right, so I pay 59 dollars for that. 8->

How do conversion rates?

Seriously I don't get why it's so hard for companies to do that. It's twenty pounds for 2000. Which is 30 dollars, that's more or less 50% more expensive.

• Options
    It's not a straight up conversion. What those conversion rates don't include is additional fees to exchange currency. But I agree that it's probably not $59 in euros. Might be like $52 or $53.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Rogue's are glorious things. Also I kinda consider the sprint from what I've seen of it better. You don't have to use it up all at once and while it's less instant movement means you do have to break off attacks to move earlier you can avoid much more stuff than the rogue. Plus you can actually control how far you sprint.

EDIT: Also taking 500 AD=1 Zen then the thirty pound founders pack only comes with around 1,200 Zen.

Rogue dodge roll lets you DPS longer though since you get the "dodged" text when you use it and wont take damage. With sprint you have to sprint earlier than a roll or you will still take damage.

Sprint is nice in other instances though, since it gives more uses when you control how much you use as well as getting talents that charge it quicker.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    When i'm in combat, I vastly prefer rolling to make sure I can get away and out of aoes. With Sprint theres about a 70-80% chance I make it out, but definitely not guaranteed to get away.

When out of combat, Sprint all the way. Using it to get around is awesome.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Badwrong wrote: »

Rogue dodge roll lets you DPS longer though since you get the "dodged" text when you use it and wont take damage. With sprint you have to sprint earlier than a roll or you will still take damage.

Sprint is nice in other instances though, since it gives more uses when you control how much you use as well as getting talents that charge it quicker.

I find sprint to be a bit unwieldy. It has more uses as a mobility tool, that's true, but as an avoidance tool it's not as good as the other class skills. I find most of the time I get hit because by the time I see the tell, get out of my combat animation, and hit sprint I am already hit.

Using it to get from mob group to mob group is pretty great though.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    When i'm in combat, I vastly prefer rolling to make sure I can get away and out of aoes. With Sprint theres about a 70-80% chance I make it out, but definitely not guaranteed to get away.

When out of combat, Sprint all the way. Using it to get around is awesome.

Pssh, squishies. I just stand and take it.

Hoorah, Guardian!

That said, I have absolutely no ability to move quicker outside of combat. And my stubby legs only move so fast.

am0n on
  • Options
    Also, voice comms. Besides me, varega and decoy, I'm not sure any one else uses vent for this game. Is TS more happening?

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    After playing my CW more yesterday with am0n, I can't help but agree with everything ya'll are saying about GWFs pre-10 on a free account. Things wouldn't feel so bad compared to other classes I've played if it just had more mobility while swinging. Being in melee and having the first 2 attacks you get essentially be weak channelled attacks that root you in place was a HORRIBLE design decision. I was duo'ing with amOn's cleric on release day and I couldn't do any damage due to mobs running away from me, even while spamming my hamstring. But, I'll stick with it, cause I'm fucking stubborn. I'll just have to work on him solo til I get higher and have access to more skills/power points. If it's still crap at 20 though, he'll get replaced with a glorious Orc female TR.

Sidenote: Duo'ing Cleric and CW was just hilariousness.

Also, I'm getting an error while trying to do the profession stuff online. I'm hoping its just my phone being stupid, but I'm getting an error saying I can't collect my stuff because my inventory is full. Cash and XP... Umm, am I missing something? (Other than bag space apparently)

• Options
    I would guess you're missing that item you also made, which is preventing you from picking up the rewards because of a full inventory?

• Options
    The need/greed system feels really jarring when green items need to be identified.

It might be useful, but you don't know until it's identified. So you might as well roll need on all green items, just in case.

This discussion has been closed.