As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] PA Server is Beholder!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The GWF is not a bad class. It has some great utilities and such. It's just a really late bloomer and could use some tweaking.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Soot paused for a moment. Unsure why her horse looked so worried:
    V4baJMk.jpg

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Would it be worth it to roll a second character just to farm crafting?

What is this I don't even.
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Would it be worth it to roll a second character just to farm crafting?

My gut says probably not because so a good lot of the task slots are tied to both crafting advancement as well as character advancement. So it would be a lot of effort for not too much return I think.

It might be worth setting up an alt to farm leadership tasks for diamonds if the exchange lets you transfer them between characters like in sto. (Make an offer on one character, then cancel it and re-claim the diamonds on another).

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I love my cleric. Orbital strike daily power, railgun mounted fist strike encounter. I even have lasers that I can use to melt or reconstruct faces with! Now where is my kobold race? That would literally be the only thing I'm willing to pay an ungodly amount of money for.

I actually started using the chains encounter instead of the beam. I find it much easier to use than lining up folks for the beam. I was actually suprised the damage was as good as it is since it is also a CC power.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    You know what I wish my Cleric could do?

Hit things. With a hammer.

Is that so much to ask?

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »

Is that so much to ask?

Listen, you'll shoot lasers out of your grandma's sterling silver vanity mirror and you'll like it dammit!

Which reminds me I've never seen a GWF with anything but an S-word. Do they have other weapons?

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Each class is limited to their specific weapon, as far as I've seen at least.

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Is that so much to ask?

Listen, you'll shoot lasers out of your grandma's sterling silver vanity mirror and you'll like it dammit!

Which reminds me I've never seen a GWF with anything but an S-word. Do they have other weapons?

People keep saying there are, but they are far and few between. The only one I've ever personally seen is the Ogre Club (which looks like the club... Ogres use). It's a lvl 16ish blue i think. And it looked like a tiny 1 handed weapon (when I had it in closed beta).

Even if they just release weapon skins or something that'd be really cool. Of course a weapon skin pack would probably be random and cost $20.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have seen a hammer for one of the classes. Was a drop during a dungeon run, didn't pay attention to it since it was unusable for my class and there were mobs needing stabbing.

Ran the Lair of the Pirate King last night. We started out with a GF, two GWF, two CW and my TR, aka as no healer. The tank dropped along with one of the wizards and we ended up with another rogue and a cleric for replacement. One of the mini-bosses murdered everyone but me, next one was pretty easy. Final boss overwhelmed us with adds on the first attempt.

Next attempt, the GWFs stuck to the boss, and the rest of us dealt with adds. Went much easier.

Know Badwrong has been saying this, but the key to handling most of these dungeons is controlling the adds.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    As far as the other weapons question goes, I think I've seen GWF with a great axe.

I'm enjoying my GWF so far, don't really know what would need to be changed. I haven't played any other classes though so I don't really know what I'm missing I guess. I seem to kill things fast enough, and if you spend a bit of time actively dodging you don't take TOO much damage. You definitely need a friendly amount of potions on hand though. Main complaint is how few moves I have so far that hit in arcs. You would think all of them would, being as you wield a sword as tall as you are.

As far as the other weapons question goes, I think I've seen GWF with a great axe.

I'm enjoying my GWF so far, don't really know what would need to be changed. I haven't played any other classes though so I don't really know what I'm missing I guess. I seem to kill things fast enough, and if you spend a bit of time actively dodging you don't take TOO much damage. You definitely need a friendly amount of potions on hand though. Main complaint is how few moves I have so far that hit in arcs. You would think all of them would, being as you wield a sword as tall as you are.

Damage and traits boosting damage were nerfed all around (as well as the radius and level of some aoe skills). Like sure strike used to be aoe with around a 45 degree frontal cone, and you used to start with the 180 aoe skill instead. Water under the bridge though if I can get a Great Axe and keep that skin for other weapons.

• LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    I love the Foundry and the many great content this will bring. Did the Blacklake District Quest "I am Slayer" today, which was really a lot more fun and epic than any of the regular in game stuff so far, Looks like it won the competition as well. Really sweet idea and looking forward to do some stuff on my own some day.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Librarian wrote: »
    I love the Foundry and the many great content this will bring. Did the Blacklake District Quest "I am Slayer" today, which was really a lot more fun and epic than any of the regular in game stuff so far, Looks like it won the competition as well. Really sweet idea and looking forward to do some stuff on my own some day.

The Hidden Blade (I think?) was similar

It was so well done, it put the in-game quests to shame

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Yeah I liked Hidden Blade a lot. I'll definitely be playing the sequel, but I'm waiting until he has finished it before I try it out.

I really want to try that Foundry dungeon that is so high-rated, but I'm not quite into the level range yet.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Is that so much to ask?

My friend is playing a GWF right now and he has what some people might call a mace. But it looks more like a bunch of bones duct taped together. It dropped off in the first dungeon.

Maybe later they'll add a more warrior priestly like Cleric. Who doesn't need to kill them with lasers because he can kill them with a hammer of justice. He could even fill out as another tankish like role!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    I really can't wait to try my hand at making content.

Entaru wrote: »
    I really can't wait to try my hand at making content.

It really is an ingenious way to crowd source content for your free to play game.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Sadly, much like character creation, level editing, and book writing, I can never get whats in my head onto the medium that I'm working with. I'll still give it a try, though.

• LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Just doing The Hidden Blade, that one is really nice as well.

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Really a fan of the active combat in this. Feels like the best of a beat'em'up and a hotbar MMO.

The Capcom arcade beatemups and the Dark Alliance games are some of the best D&D videogames ever made in my estimation, and Neverwinter carries on that proud tradition.

Whelp i guess I know what game i'm downloading tonight.

This is open beta as in no wipes right?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Really a fan of the active combat in this. Feels like the best of a beat'em'up and a hotbar MMO.

The Capcom arcade beatemups and the Dark Alliance games are some of the best D&D videogames ever made in my estimation, and Neverwinter carries on that proud tradition.

Whelp i guess I know what game i'm downloading tonight.

Correct.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

Cryptic really should put the answer to this somewhere prominent on the launcher, as it is a question that gets constantly asked in Zone chat, along with "I'm a rogue how do I stealth?" and "Why do they call it the Xbox 360?"

Cryptic really should put the answer to this somewhere prominent on the launcher, as it is a question that gets constantly asked in Zone chat, along with "I'm a rogue how do I stealth?" and "Why do they call it the Xbox 360?"

"How do I zoom in to my character?"

"WHERE IS MY GODDAMN PIRATE HAT."

Which I DID eventually find.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Hey that is actually a good question, where DO you get the pirate hat from?

I logged in for 15 min towards the end of the stress test they did for that hat.

488W936.png
    edited May 2013
    Pheny needs his hat. This is pretty non-negotiable.

Please tell us where to find it.

Seidkona on
    Corehealer wrote: »

Hey that is actually a good question, where DO you get the pirate hat from?

I logged in for 15 min towards the end of the stress test they did for that hat.

The "Founder's Chest" has it. I never tried that, since I'm not a founder.

I wouldn't have thought to look there. Thanks!

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Nice of them to tell you this or at least send some mail our way. Like they did with the welcome box and PC Gamer horse.

488W936.png
    Thanks to whoever it was (sorry) that told me in guild chat yesterday.

All I need now is the 70's pinstripe pants and vest combo and I will rule Neverwinter in style minded terror.

• Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    So, what classes are currently available in the beta? Do we know if they plan to release classes as something players would buy as they came out?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    edited May 2013
    There are 5 Classes right now. Guardian Fighter (Tank, active block), Control wizard (cc), Trickster Rogue (DPS), Devoted Cleric (Heals) and Great Weapon Fighter (Hell if I know, DPS maybe, off tank, has a big sword.)

Classes will be released for free as they make them. There is no type of time schedule for them as of this time. We do know of two more being worked on that were mined from the beta files. These being Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock.

Seidkona on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I agree with @Echo's suggestion that we need a new OP for this, one that preferably has more up to date info (classes, currency, server, guild name, roster, that goddam link to the online crafting thing that I can never find and keep forgetting to bookmark)

I nominate Not Me to make it

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    As the guild leader, I agree Arch should make the next OP. Let it be so.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    I third Arch's nomination.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I forth Arch's nomination.

But only if it is a bug free op.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited May 2013
    Actually I am just kidding.

I don't mind doing it but the level of detail I want to put into it plus the fact that I am working late tonight means I won't be able to get to it until later tonight. So if someone wants to get it done before then be my guest. If not I'll just plan on working on it and posting it up later tonight.

Seidkona on
This discussion has been closed.