As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Building a Skateboard

JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
I've dabbled with skating for awhile, never got serious about it. Now at college I want something to cruise around on to get from point A -> B and mess around on when it's nice out. So, I decided to make my own board!... whenever I have money. But with some searching online today I decided on this:

Deck: Minilogo ~7.75" width (I'm looking for under 8", I think, but aside from that I'm unsure.)
Wheels: Spitfire Soft D's 92a 56mm
Bearings: Bone REDS (I don't know much at all about bearings)
Trucks: K4 Tall Skateboard Trucks 3.5 or 4
Risers: Dooks 1/8"

Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, sites to buy from?
Also: I assume bushing sets come standard with most trucks?

• Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    I buy most of my stuff from CCS. Tall trucks plus risers will make your ride height pretty high. You might get away with even bigger wheels, which makes it easier if you're using the board for transportation. Bushings do come with the trucks. I'd go with the 3.5 trucks (7.6 inch hanger).
    I suspect most guys who use their board for transportation tend more towards longboards, which is outside my area of expertise. This board is sort of a hybrid, which could be interesting.

Hello
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    If you're not doing hella tricks and shit, get the biggest diameter wheels you feel comfortable riding. Bigger wheels roll over more shit, and ride smoother.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    If you're not doing hella tricks and shit, get the biggest diameter wheels you feel comfortable riding. Bigger wheels roll over more shit, and ride smoother.

makes low end stuff a bit easier also, like hopping up/down curbs

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508