As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The guru needs to do some varnishing! 503 errors when reloading or trying to edit posts.

AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened OptimistThe Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
I just thought I'd throw this out there... @Icyliquid

In the last 30 minutes I've seen a lot of "503 Service Unavailable" messages. Specifically the Guru Meditation involves Varnishing the Cache. It is usually accompanied by the forum thinking I'm logged out.

I've seen this in 3 places - in the lower-left popup when trying to edit a post, in the "Sign-in" page when trying to log back in after it looks like I've logged out, and sometimes by refreshing the entire page.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Me too. It's happening while I'm posting and not switching pages too. I'll start getting "You are not allowed" errors when it's trying to auto-save my post. Then I
    ll go to another screen, get the Guru error, and find myself logged out.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Glad it's not just me. :) Specifically, it says Varnish Cache Server.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's been happening off and on for me as well.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Has happened to me posting, just reading and in different forums.

D&D, G&T and the MMO Sub-forum.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    Me too. It's happening while I'm posting and not switching pages too. I'll start getting "You are not allowed" errors when it's trying to auto-save my post. Then I'll go to another screen, get the Guru error, and find myself logged out.

Same here, been happening more frequently in the past 30 minutes as well

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    This is usually just one of those things that happens when the forums are over capacity. I mean, I can't guarantee that this case isn't out of the ordinary (because it has definitely happened when something was seriously wrong before), but it does happen very often.

Essee on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've been getting it when I try to open up my bookmarks

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Been getting hit with this on and off all day.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I've gotten a couple more this hour.