As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    if there's any reason to mess with self recollection, I think getting it to 5 is one of the requirements for getting a new horse.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    I just looked at the extra storage bags and the horse in my inventory and all of them have expatriation dates.
    Does everything expire like this or can permanent mounts and storage be bought?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    everything expires to my knowledge

bags are generally cheap once you get into the swing of things so that's not that big of a deal

mounts I don't know

• Options
    Oh, well thats shitty. There is no way to actually buy anything and any money spent just expires?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Your VIP membership is probably the best investment: offline cultivation, offline stalls are worth more than vanity items and the headway you make lasts you a lifetime. Item bags are nice, but can be bought from other players.

There's also an in-game horse you can rent, somewhere.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    There 200liang, vendors in the starting town by the coach house.

Time locked bags makes sense once you realise the "game" is crafting and manufacturing. This is also why there's no auction house, it forces location to be a factor for a more dynamic economy.

• Options
    Is there a way to sell stuff off line or do I need to get VIP to start selling things I craft?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Oh this game, it pains me!

So I don't want to kidnap as that goes against my school, are there other things to do of the sort?

I was looking at the menus and found something called Factions. What are these? Are they like mini missions? It says I need a rank of Nobody for the bottom one, how do I even go about getting a rank that low? My reputation right now in the character panel is just "Unknown Level 3"

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    That's higher than Nobody. If the text is green you're good to go, just don't go by yourself. Also, for kidnapping, you can repent at your school somewhere, each kidnap requires 10 minutes at the repent station doing nothing but repenting.

• Options
    So all of the faction activities require a team effort?

Are there other activities that dont require repenting that can earn me cash?

The only way to sell things that I make is through a stall and that requires VIP?

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    you can sell things through a stall if you don't have VIP

but you can only do it while online

• Options
    Gold spammers are out of hand in this game, how do other games deal with it because I dont think I have seen one this badly infected for a long time.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    I just looked at the extra storage bags and the horse in my inventory and all of them have expatriation dates.
    Does everything expire like this or can permanent mounts and storage be bought?

I can't stop giggling about this typo. It's the best typo ever.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The bags just get up and leave China and renounce their citizenship.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    Gold spammers are out of hand in this game, how do other games deal with it because I dont think I have seen one this badly infected for a long time.
    There's plenty of free games that don't deal with them. Your best bet is to keep on reporting them and hope for the best. I guess it would be a great boon if instead of blocking everything with www in it, you would not be allowed to /say the same message more than once every 5 minutes.

Basically, anything that makes it costlier for a little sweatshop to keep on making new accounts.

Oh and never ever buy gold from a gold sellers website.

• Options
    SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    May I get a guild invite? The name is Skarah. Emei school, I am just now dipping my toes in to crafting. The game has been a lot of fun so far with regard to figuring things out and just being lost sometimes.

Edit:Quick question, can you harvest dew, or only buy it through merchants?

SkannerJAT on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh in-case nobody has seen it. Here is a trailer for our next game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4ytlcp/black-gold-april-trailer

Thoughts? :D

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    But... but you haven't even finished this one!

(That wasn't really a joke)

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Cause no company in the game industry has multiple studios and projects.
    8->

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options

8->
    Hey, you're the one walking into the thread of a game that needs a lot of work showing off your next game. Kinda had it comin', 's what I'm saying.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Aldo wrote: »

8->
    Hey, you're the one walking into the thread of a game that needs a lot of work showing off your next game. Kinda had it comin', 's what I'm saying.
    Completely different studios, with completely different staff, in different countries.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options

8->
    Completely different studios, with completely different staff, in different countries.
    I don't want to turn this into a back and forth, because it kinda already is and it's no fun. The new game looks very interesting and I've added it to the list of free MMOs a few days ago. My love goes out to AoW, so I'm more excited to read about updates and improvements coming to that game more than whatever other games other studios from Snail are working on.

• Options
    I know I won't feel comfortable giving any money to Snail's machine until I see some progress toward better customer service and account security in AoW.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Really the bottom line is that I come into the office and see everyone working breathlessly on Wushu, while there is another studio in another country that has been, in tandem, working on a different game for the last few years. Just by virtue of the fact that a big company has more than one studio working on more than one project at a time is not an indictment of how hard any one of those individual projects are being worked on.

I mean really make that same statement about any major publisher and see if it makes as much sense.
    Sim City and Battlefield 3
    Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2
    So on and so forth.

Not getting on anyone's case just clarifying. I would have laughed along if it was just a joke, but Fantastication2 made a point of saying he kinda wasn't kidding and people were agreeing with him, which shows a clear confusion of the situation. I just came by to share another project our company is working on that we've just released a trailer for now that Wushu has officially launched.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Comparing yourselves to Blizzard is some pretty solid ego.

Blizzard is a big enough company that they've had their hits and misses. If something isn't great, everyone can say, "But hey, that other game was good."

You guys don't have any hits yet. It's pretty important you get your first foray right, as that establishes your credibility for later games.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Comparing yourselves to Blizzard is some pretty solid ego.

Blizzard is a big enough company that they've had their hits and misses. If something isn't great, everyone can say, "But hey, that other game was good."

You guys don't have any hits yet. It's pretty important you get your first foray right, as that establishes your credibility for later games.

Nobody is putting themselves up there with Blizzard, I think you're misreading what that comparison was actually trying to compare.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Really the bottom line is that I come into the office and see everyone working breathlessly on Wushu, while there is another studio in another country that has been, in tandem, working on a different game for the last few years. Just by virtue of the fact that a big company has more than one studio working on more than one project at a time is not an indictment of how hard any one of those individual projects are being worked on.

I mean really make that same statement about any major publisher and see if it makes as much sense.
    Sim City and Battlefield 3
    Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2
    So on and so forth.

Not getting on anyone's case just clarifying. I would have laughed along if it was just a joke, but Fantastication2 made a point of saying he kinda wasn't kidding and people were agreeing with him, which shows a clear confusion of the situation. I just came by to share another project our company is working on that we've just released a trailer for now that Wushu has officially launched.

I have to agree with @The_Spaniard
    As a former employee of Blizzard and Gas Powered Games, many times people only bring up the "failures."

Diablo 3 IS a fun game. Do I enjoy grinding 57295329502929 hours in Inferno? Not especially. But I have many friends who do.
    But the 4 playthroughs I did I enjoyed a great deal. Yes, the launch had some issues.
    And yes, Supreme Commander 2 was not a perfect game. But it was still a lot of fun. It also had some technical issues, but a fun game nevertheless.

But everyone I knew at both companies were EXTREMELY dedicated, smart people.
    Not one person sat on their laurels saying "Welp, we're all done, lets wait for the cash to roll in."
    There were tons of extremely late nights after launch trying to fix issues and make the game fun for everyone.

People in the game industry don't work regular hours. 60+ hours is a normal week.
    80-100/week preparing for launch? Very common.

So I think it is entirely fair for @The_Spaniard to come and be proud of the next game his company is making.
    I know a number of people at Snail and they are all very hardworking people.

While it is fine to want the games you buy to be "the best", it comes off a tad rude for people's response to a new game trailer to be "Fix the old one."
    This isn't the official Blizzard forums. Announcing a new game and having thousands of fanboys whine "GO WORK ON ______ INSTEAD" is ridiculous. It isn't like every engineer is working on every game simultaneously.

If you're going to make a suggestion, why can't they be done productively?
    Even when Gabe & Tycho have ripped games apart that weren't up to the standard they expected, they HAVE said they respect the people who slave (and that is the correct word for working in the industry) away trying to make them.

So if they can be respectful, perhaps people here should be as well.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    I'm sorry if I made anyone think I have no respect for people working at games companies. Like Mike and Jerry I love people who make games, because I enjoy playing the fruits of their labour.

Can we get back to discussing Age of Wushu in particular? It's a great game that needs a lot of work both with customer service, community building, translating stuff, adding a huge backlog of patches that came out in Asia and fixing tons of bugs. The game as it is at the moment is impressive, but obviously a work in process.

• Options
    neville wrote: »
    While it is fine to want the games you buy to be "the best", it comes off a tad rude for people's response to a new game trailer to be "Fix the old one."

It's much from the perspective of the current one being very broken in a lot of ways (UI, translations, race conditions, 'My Battlefield', the Jet Li event, etc), none of which I've seen any official comments on at all (even my bug reports just disappear). If the quality control of Snail is to let that stuff through, then it absolutely has an impact on my reception of the new game.

I really understand having concurrent projects. I don't understand leaving one of them in limbo of deadness and trying to promote a new game at the same time (yes, others do it, it's still insanity to me).

• Options
    edited May 2013
    neville wrote: »

It's much from the perspective of the current one being very broken in a lot of ways (UI, translations, race conditions, 'My Battlefield', the Jet Li event, etc), none of which I've seen any official comments on at all (even my bug reports just disappear). If the quality control of Snail is to let that stuff through, then it absolutely has an impact on my reception of the new game.

I really understand having concurrent projects. I don't understand leaving one of them in limbo of deadness and trying to promote a new game at the same time (yes, others do it, it's still insanity to me).

I'm certain Snail USA is not leaving AoW in a limbo deadness, there's been a lot of patches and The_Spaniard and others have been showing off new stuff they're adding to the English game. I can only blame them for not being as clear as other companies (Arenanet, for example) have been about what areas of the game they are focusing on and when we can expect changes to roll out. I mean, I *know* marriage is coming up and that they're still busy translating stuff, but don't ask me when it's being released. ^^

*e: one of the new features coming up that The_Spaniard told me about in guild chat is an overhaul of character clothing:
    http://youtu.be/UC0UWULZfSI

Aldo on
  • Options
    Communication is also sorely lacking, but that's par for the course with most MMOs in my experience.

• Options
    The Jet Li event worked, it was just up on servers that were newly launched. Since Blue Dragon has been up for half a year or whatever, they decided not to activate it on the server.

However all those items were still available from the wooden chests and the like.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Which comes back to that lack of communication I mentioned.

Edit: and despite the event being over according the website, the event items are still dropping in these chests.

Fantastication2 on
  • Options
    PoolCue wrote: »
    The Jet Li event worked, it was just up on servers that were newly launched. Since Blue Dragon has been up for half a year or whatever, they decided not to activate it on the server.

However all those items were still available from the wooden chests and the like.
    Did not know that. Have been hoarding those fucking tokens since the day I started playing and I have been trying to trade them with the event NPC so many times and asked in /school so often and no one ever told me this.

You know, the reason we rolled on BlueDragon is because it was an established server where plenty of veteran players on in huge guilds (Goons, for one). If I had known it was the one server without any events I would have reconsidered. =(

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    PoolCue wrote: »

Did not know that. Have been hoarding those fucking tokens since the day I started playing and I have been trying to trade them with the event NPC so many times and asked in /school so often and no one ever told me this.

You know, the reason we rolled on BlueDragon is because it was an established server where plenty of veteran players on in huge guilds (Goons, for one). If I had known it was the one server without any events I would have reconsidered. =(

Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever... why wouldn't you activate an event for every server?

• Options
    Found our guild mascot
    9GNfcQG.jpg

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    For anyone interested in getting some PvP practice, Goons are hosting a fight club in Yanjing tonight. 1700 server / 6 est.

It's a great chance to see what other classes are capable of in a nice controlled environment and all levels are welcome.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    so if anyone still plays there are some new events springing up in the month of may

generally involving you playing for a couple of hours and then being sent some nice rewards

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/the_royal_celebration_event/

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    I'm still playing, but it seems our guild is more dead than alive. I only ever see one or two other Wangsmen around when I'm on. Might be time to jump ship

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to log on every day to collect xp and whatnot, but it has been increasingly difficult to do so.

Dragon's Dogma sucked me back in because of the expansion... and no one ever heard from me again.

DesmondPfeiffer on