As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who likes concept art?

silentragesilentrage germanyRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in Artist's Corner
I do. :winky:

I started going to school for concept art 2 years ago, I'd been sketching a lot just for fun before then, and doing some 3d work, but I decided if something's worth doing on my spare time, then it's worth doing full time.
So I thought it'd be fun to post some stuff I did when/before I started, and some stuff I did more recently.

All feedback/critique/comments/jokes/essays/dissertations/novels welcome.

Vicious_Flower.jpg

angel_by_silent_rage-d4neoq5.jpg

mechDesign_zpsf1fedd44.jpg

silentrage on

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is that your most recent?

It doesn't help us much to see old work. We need to critique where you are right now to help push you towards where you want to be. Do you want to be a concept artist full time? Do you have any influences?

I wouldn't really call these "Concept art" which has a fairly particular function. The second one is a pretty good drawing, so it would be really helpful to see more, if you want helpful comments.

• silentragesilentrage germanyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oops, I forgot to post any concept in a thread about concept art, my bad. :p

I think I'd like to just post art in general with some concept art focus, it's less restrictive that way. I edited the first post to include some actual concepts.

I do wanna be a concept artist full time, I have a lot of influences, but the most prominent ones I think are iain mccaig, craig mullins and ryan woodward.

I also want to be able to do illustration, comic, storyboards, fine art, cd covers, or whatever the hell I can get my hands on that's fun and artistic, but I just wanna focus more on concept art at the moment to get good at one thing first. I have a terrible ADHD problem where if I study one subject for too long I lose interest, which is why I have to do multiple things at the same time.

I hope that clears some things up. ^^

silentrage on
    Wow, I almost forgot I made this post here.
    It's been a while, I kept drawing and painting, I even got a job as an artist!!

Here's some updates, maybe this'll be interesting to other people following the same path.

phoenix_rising_by_silent_rage-d7hd2zr.jpg
    _1_awakening_by_silent_rage-d7h9cvf.jpg
    card_art___robin_by_silent_rage-d80hml3.jpg
    halloween_special_spookfest_by_silent_rage-d8b1o0s.jpg
    fortress_of_ilindria_by_silent_rage-d7a5rvo.jpg
    sci_fi_soldier_by_silent_rage-d7dvoiy.jpg

Pay me a visit on DA if you wanna see more!

Cheers mateys.

• mustafaneguibmustafaneguib Entrepreneur, Founder, CEO of MN Tech Solutions(Private) Limited Lahore, PakistanRegistered User regular
    i really like your art style. i like to see art drawn by other people. i myself am an amateur at art, though i have learnt pixel art and used that technique for my video game. keep drawing, and keep aiming for the sky. all the best.

Tardoria is a fast paced 2D space war arcade game for Android. You can download for free from the Google Play Store.
    Thanks! I'll stop drawing when my arms fall off. :p
    Wait no, I'd just learn to draw with my feet.

Here's some recent stuff, I've been working on a game with a few friends.
    We're making a multiplayer competitive card game! (no not a hearthstone clone :p)
    I'm gonna be designing the concepts, painting illustrations, and writing the story! :biggrin:
    Can't wait to share more!

09jd4lagxn7b.jpg

3xzvzigzbie2.jpg

98ogczpvdfza.jpg