As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I suggest bribery of the sealab crew.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a whole bunch of beer left over from my birthday party on Saturday that I could contribute as well, but I would need to arrange a pickup/dropoff. Wanna PM me for deets?

AceRimmer on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

Dee Kae on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Erm... using my "feminine" charms would be a bad thing, and would result in either a) me not going to the party or b) everyone else leaving the party.

Hairy fat guy back FTL.

Though maybe if I borrow a skimpy strapless number...:P

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

But... I AM sealab crew!

BrokenAngel on
    edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

But... I AM sealab crew!

Use excessive force?

Dee Kae on
    edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

FC.jpg

AceRimmer on
    edited August 2007
    AceRimmer wrote: »
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

FC.jpg

Dammit guys I cannot charm myself! I have tried!

BrokenAngel on
    edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

FC.jpg

USE A MIRROR!

Yet wait, how would we charm you?

Dee Kae on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    For those of you dropping off your alcohol, make sure you get it to us outside of the WSCTC. Remember PAX has a no alcohol policy and we don't want to breach that, even if the alcohol is unopened.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    For those of you dropping off your alcohol, make sure you get it to us outside of the WSCTC. Remember PAX has a no alcohol policy and we don't want to breach that, even if the alcohol is unopened.

This is a very very good idea, I fully support and will personally be ejecting (without con authority, and probably just acquaintances who are too stupid to know otherwise) any persons with alcohol from the building, that or kindly telling them to GTFO or face the wrath of the enforcers. Leave it in your car, or drop it off with Moe_Fwacky. I personally shall be brining mixers, and will make Mojitos for... the first 5 or 6 people who bug me about it and have cups of their own and if there is white rum to be had. Unless you bring me mint and lime... and rum, then I will make you Mojitos. If you bring the stuff, I'll mix you anything you desire (within reason, I mean I'm not a pro or anything, and most of the drinks I know require bitters and cordials)

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What you guys need are Canadian beer.

I suppose I could contribute some for this said party. Let's just hope them border guards won't be a bunch of assholes.

degreesplatinum on
  • SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want to show my support for the glorious sealab party, *especially* since I'm going to be staying at the same hotel, but unfortunately I'm pretty heavily restricted in the boozeahol I can bring with me due to a combination of TSA regs and WA state regs.

Does Sealabparty accept cash donations in lieu of alcohol?

Failing that, could any locals give me a hot insider tip on where to buy alcohol near the WSCTC so I can avoid being "that guy"? :P

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2007
    USE FEMININE CHARMS!

FC.jpg

USE A MIRROR!

Yet wait, how would we charm you?

I have no idea, the charming part was your idea Lubu, I said to use bribery.

BrokenAngel on
  • Morbid_AngelMorbid_Angel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well... What would be an sufficient bribe?

Morbid_Angel on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Myspace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007

That depends on the crewmember. I personally do most of my bribery with cookies. But I have that angle covered it's up to you to find your own niche.

Unless it's Recruit, because we all know how to bribe him :winky:

BrokenAngel on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

That depends on the crewmember. I personally do most of my bribery with cookies. But I have that angle covered it's up to you to find your own niche.

Unless it's Recruit, because we all know how to bribe him :winky:

I take bribes in the form of booze, cash and rare swag.

Also hugs, I'm a sucker for hugs.

Officer on
    edited August 2007
    Well damn. You have cookies. How does one trump cookies......
    Brownies??

Morbid_Angel on
    Myspace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Recruit wrote: »

I take bribes in the form of booze, cash and rare swag.

Also hugs, I'm a sucker for hugs.

Swag....
    I have an office full of beer related swag..

Morbid_Angel on
    Myspace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My tasty beverage of epic proportions is nearing completion.

Supplies to contain and consume said beverage are acquired.
    Booze is on its way right now.
    Mixers are being acquired today.
    Dry ice will be acquired sometime on Friday before sealab. (because it will evaporate if its bought before then)

Also since this drink is costing me upwards or over $200, moe said its alright if I put up a collection cup near it at sealab. So if you find it epically tastey and sufficiently epic, anything helps to offset the cost :)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

Dry ice will be acquired sometime on Friday before sealab. (because it will evaporate if its bought before then)

Also since this drink is costing me upwards or over $200, moe said its alright if I put up a collection cup near it at sealab. So if you find it epically tastey and sufficiently epic, anything helps to offset the cost :)

That sounds... MAGICAL.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited August 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »

That sounds... MAGICAL.

Magic in TWO 5-gallon buckets

;-)

I also have about 140ft of 1/4" vinyl tubing that I will be cutting up for straws for people who want to sample the bucket.
    Cups? We dont use no stinkin cups.

BigRed on
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    For those of you dropping off your alcohol, make sure you get it to us outside of the WSCTC.

Where will you guys be? And in the event that I dont get a ticket do you guys need any help setting up the party before the masses arrive?

smes on
    edited August 2007
    Well, there are several times you could hit us up for dropping off alcohol.

We are attending the dinner and the movie on Thursday night, so anyone going to either of those, feel free to leave booze with us (I will have my messenger Bag of Holding with me so I can carry some booze away from those events). Friday morning, I will be at the breakfast, so anyone going to that can leave some more with me. Also, we are all BYOCing it up this year, so look for us in that lineup (I will have a shirt on that says RECRUIT for the sake of being recognizable) if you haven't been able to hook up with any of us so far.

Also, if at any time you see me or another cohort to Sealab during PAX and you have a contribution to make, let us know, give us contact info and we can setup a drop off.

Honestly, we will be getting the majority of the necessities done while we are getting settled into our room. So setup shouldn't really be a problem, either way, come by and have fun! Don't worry, if we need help, we'll keep you in mind though. Thanks for the offer!

Officer on
  • MellzahMellzah Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

It's official. I will bribe whomever is necessary in order to insure I attend this function. I get paid the day before PAX, so I will be happy to contribute to epic drunkenness!

Mellzah on
    edited August 2007

That sounds... MAGICAL.

;-)

I also have about 140ft of 1/4" vinyl tubing that I will be cutting up for straws for people who want to sample the bucket.

Fuck yeah! I will bring my camera and photograph this for drunksterity.

AceRimmer on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

That sounds... MAGICAL.

;-)

Fuck yeah! I will bring my camera and photograph this for drunksterity.

And when you pass out, I'll carry on with the photo-journalism of DOOOOOOM.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Don't forget FOOD. Snacks, munchies, $$ donations for pizzas, cookies, cupcakes, veggie platter - whatever. Those who are on the fence or undecided about alcohol or mixers (can never have enough coke or canada dry imho), please don't forget food.

I am all about doing a booze/mixed drop off with a Sealab crew member - just want to be sure I get to drink and mix drinks with said booze. It would suck to show up at the shindig and have it all be gone!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
    edited August 2007
    Don't forget FOOD. Snacks, munchies, $$ donations for pizzas, cookies, cupcakes, veggie platter - whatever. Those who are on the fence or undecided about alcohol or mixers (can never have enough coke or canada dry imho), please don't forget food.

I am all about doing a booze/mixed drop off with a Sealab crew member - just want to be sure I get to drink and mix drinks with said booze. It would suck to show up at the shindig and have it all be gone!

First, I should hope people remember to bring food. We aren't a full service party. We are just a few people who want to throw an awesome bash and are giving our room to do it in. We of course will have booze provided by us. We will more than likely have munchies and stuff as well. But we aren't going to be able to afford to feed everyone who comes through that door, we aren't rich. However, like I said, we should have a bit o' nibbles, but nothing major.

Second, if you aren't comfortable with giving the booze away to a Sealabber early, feel free to come to the party with the booze. We won't fault you for showing up a little late so you could head to your room and grab it before the party starts. If not, then put your mark on it, Write your name on the label if you want to be sure you get your fair share out of it.

We are totally cool with getting whatever you guys want while at the party, as long as you want to pitch for it.. If you guys want to order pizzas to the room, or pick up your own food, there are several grocery stores in the area. I know that QFC is a 24 hour store and is fairly close by.

Officer on
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Me and at least 1 friend definitely plan on attending this here awesome shindig. We will be staying in the same hotel so we plan on getting sufficiently un-sober. We picked up some malibu rum, everclear, jaeger, and peppermint schnapps today and will bring whatever is left over after the trip up on the train. looking forward to hanging out with some awesome people!

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Are Wang Shift (9p~3a) Enforcers welcome to attend fashionably late, assuming of course that they bring the ruckus whilst doing so? (as well as booze)

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    First, I should hope people remember to bring food. We aren't a full service party. We are just a few people who want to throw an awesome bash and are giving our room to do it in. We of course will have booze provided by us. We will more than likely have munchies and stuff as well. But we aren't going to be able to afford to feed everyone who comes through that door, we aren't rich. However, like I said, we should have a bit o' nibbles, but nothing major.
    Then I must ask the question: from which delivery places can we order food that doesn't suck to the room? Any Seattle natives care to sound off?

Edit: and, possibly more importantly, how late will they deliver?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    delroland wrote: »
    Then I must ask the question: from which delivery places can we order food that doesn't suck to the room? Any Seattle natives care to sound off?

I'd like to know this too as I am hoping to help out with food costs.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
    edited August 2007
    Are Wang Shift (9p~3a) Enforcers welcome to attend fashionably late, assuming of course that they bring the ruckus whilst doing so? (as well as booze)

Shit... yes. Come by, we love you enforcers. You are special to us and make us feel pretty and safe.

Officer on
  • hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    God this is exciting. I can't wait to party with you zany people

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
    edited August 2007

few places will deliver past 1-2am :/

BigRed on
    edited August 2007

Update:

Booze is acquired. (2.75 gallons)
    Mixers are acquired at the expense of 4 QFC Grocery stores. (5 gallons of sobe, lawl)
    Recruit is going to get me dry ice before the concerts on Friday.
    My wallet is nearly $200 lighter ( :( )

The drink will be mixed tomorrow afternoon. We will have pics and possibly a video.
    We are mixing the drink so early because none of us will have time to do it on Thursday/Friday.
    Plus it tastes better (less of the harsh rummy taste) after it sits for a bit :P.

BigRed on
    edited August 2007
    neuroslice wrote: »

I'd like to know this too as I am hoping to help out with food costs.

Well, I've never stayed in a hotel downtown, nor had pizza delivered from that area, but here is a Google Maps listing of nearby pizza places: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pizza&sll=47.607552,-122.330167&sspn=0.010517,0.020707&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

I figure you can call and find out delivery options. I would assume some other restaurants deliver, but I don't know. This burg isn't like Manhattan where everybody delivers.

AceRimmer on
    edited August 2007

Update:

Booze is acquired. (2.75 gallons)
    Mixers are acquired at the expense of 4 QFC Grocery stores. (5 gallons of sobe, lawl)
    Recruit is going to get me dry ice before the concerts on Friday.
    My wallet is nearly $200 lighter ( :( )

The drink will be mixed tomorrow afternoon. We will have pics and possibly a video.
    We are mixing the drink so early because none of us will have time to do it on Thursday/Friday.
    Plus it tastes better (less of the harsh rummy taste) after it sits for a bit :P.

You will definitely be getting cashes from me... in your pants!

AceRimmer on
This discussion has been closed.