As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Enforcer Applications for PAX Aus are now closed

• Options
    PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did anyone here get accepted? The Facebook page said we should all have gotten an email even if we didn't get accepted, but I haven't heard anything =(
    Wondering if either I failed at typing my email address, or my memory of seeing the submission page is a fabrication.... *sad face*

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I haven't received anything yet. If anyone has could they just post the @something.com that the email came from ill check my spam filters.
    Psykar wrote: »
    Did anyone here get accepted? The Facebook page said we should all have gotten an email even if we didn't get accepted, but I haven't heard anything =(
    Wondering if either I failed at typing my email address, or my memory of seeing the submission page is a fabrication.... *sad face*

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nothing here...

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • Options
    RichirioRichirio Melbourne, AURegistered User new member
    The Facebook page said that replies would be received "within the next week", and that was posted last Thursday. I'm giving it a couple more days before I start getting worried :)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Richirio wrote: »
    The Facebook page said that replies would be received "within the next week", and that was posted last Thursday. I'm giving it a couple more days before I start getting worried :)

I cannt see any conformations on FB either...you might be right (i hope), we might have to give it a couple more days.

vjreddy12 on
  • Options
    You're probably right. Im just really really looking forward to being an enforcer. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas. I'm pretty sure i've been good, but have i been good enough to get that new mountain bike?
    Richirio wrote: »

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    There really isn't any need for worry. you'll get an email when you get an email. It just happens one day.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It would not surprise me if the "within a week" was ambitious :)

• Options
    I want to be an enforcer so bad, i want to show them all, they laughed at me... we'll see who's laughing now muhahahahahahhaahahhah cough, i mean err im eager to help and stuff

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I just got mine at 3.24AM.

@zerzhul What does it mean by "Enforcerhandle" in the email? I'm assuming that it's the online name I (want to) use?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Correct. It will be the handle used on the forums and what most people will you know by.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Correct. It will be the handle used on the forums and what most people will you know by.
    Cheers!

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Ooo! Can we have turf wars now that the enforcers are chosen? Cookie Brigade vs Enforcers, foam cosplay weapons, 10 paces at sunset! :)

But on a more serious note, congrats to all the enforcers, look forward to working with you at PAX (aka asking annoying questions constantly while offering delcious cookie bribes :P)

• Options
    NoodlezNoodlez PerthRegistered User regular
    Sweet! Got my acceptance in the early hours of this morning!

• Options
    All right....Im in

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Woot! That is all :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    mattcorrymattcorry Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Yes!

Now I need a photograph of me. Hmm. What to send?

• Options
    Ah awesome! Got my acceptance this morning as well =D
    I reckon it just took my post here to kick start their email system :P

• Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Need to find a photo of me... Maybe I can scan my driver's licence photo? :P

• Options
    peachykinspeachykins gamer, nurse, baker of delicious noms <3 Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wooo accepted :D

• Options
    EmpzorzEmpzorz Cyber Athlete Melbs "Gotham City"Registered User regular
    Reporting for duty ;)

-Empzorz
    "If a Pentakill went by any other name would it still be as sweet"
    Sig-.jpg
  • Options
    ShudderrrShudderrr Registered User new member
    I got enforcer! I cannot wait to send the headshot and user.

• Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Woo! Awesome news to wake up to.

I guess my years of experience working in a teddy bear shop was just what the Enforcers team needed.

Can't wait to meet the crew.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    FB says 600 applicants, that's before the acceptance.... anyone know total number of Enforcers for the event?

vjreddy12 on
  • Options
    DistensionDistension Barista, Designer, Demonic Soul Salesman Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    not sure...but im sure glad to be part of the enforcer team
    i guess they needed me...
    not sure what a barista will bring to the table (except a coffee).

• Options
    Distension wrote: »
    not sure...but im sure glad to be part of the enforcer team
    i guess they needed me...
    I'm sure that would be awesome for some. Sadly (?) I don't drink coffee :P

• Options
    Anyway, I forgot to say.... Congrats to everyone who got in...cannot wait to me you all

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    @Distension
    Customer Service
    Teamwork
    Ability to work under pressure
    Ability to communicate to wide spread demographics.
    Ability to follow instruction and work autonomously
    Problem Solving Skills

I can continue what us awesome Baristas can contribute if you wish? XD

Other than of course, kick ass coffee!

• Options
    EmpzorzEmpzorz Cyber Athlete Melbs "Gotham City"Registered User regular
    Yeah a massive grats to everyone who got in, and a more broad grats to everyone that had the guts to put there name forward to help develop the gaming community. Your show of force just bolsters our resolve to represent all the people that apped ! Look forwarding to making this a PAX to remember !

-Empzorz
    "If a Pentakill went by any other name would it still be as sweet"
    Sig-.jpg
  • Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm so relieved, I wasn't sure if I had enough convention experience to be able to be accepted but I have volunteered a lot in the past so I guess that's something.

• Options
    I'm in! :D

• Options
    I'm in! :D

• Options
    smerksmerk Registered User regular
    Accepted! when I read the email i admit I may have jumped up and ran around the room a couple of times, flailing my arms in the least graceful way imaginable.
    im sure glad to be part of the enforcer team

Those two things are pretty damn important. Wanting to be part of the community (as opposed to just wanting free tikkitz) is super important, and, well, Coffee is one of the cornerstones of civilisation, the holy sacrament of a secular world. besides which, that kind of frontline general public customer service to me seems to be something akin to witchcraft.
    vjreddy12 wrote: »
    ...cannot wait to me you all

Absolutely agree. I am unbelievably stoked.

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    smerk wrote: »
    Accepted! when I read the email i admit I may have jumped up and ran around the room a couple of times, flailing my arms in the least graceful way imaginable.
    im sure glad to be part of the enforcer team

Those two things are pretty damn important. Wanting to be part of the community (as opposed to just wanting free tikkitz) is super important, and, well, Coffee is one of the cornerstones of civilisation, the holy sacrament of a secular world. besides which, that kind of frontline general public customer service to me seems to be something akin to witchcraft.

Hell dude it doesn't have to be a secular world for coffee to be pretty damn high up there

• Options
    smerksmerk Registered User regular
    @anzekay - Fair point.

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • Options
    DarthSalemDarthSalem Technomancer MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Be prepared all other enforcers for I shall be "that Enforcer guy in a kilt" :) Oh and I shall have a stash of chocolate coated coffee beans.....

• Options
    Freeman_78Freeman_78 Melbourne Registered User regular
    Yeah, made it in... time to start training for it .....

• Options
    TofusamaTofusama SydneyRegistered User new member
    I made it as an Enforcer too! =D Can't wait to meet everyone! Been kinda victory thrusting around the entire house in the morning straight after I got the email xD I've got one question though which I have to get info on before I book my flights to Melbourne. Do we need to be there anytime before the con weekend? Like a training day or anything? Or an Enforcers ice breaker/ pre-meet up? Would like to know soon so I can book mah flights (hopefully cheap ones)

Follow me on Twitter ~> https://twitter.com/Tofusama and Tumblr :Dhttp://djtofu.tumblr.com/ AUSSIE ENFORCERS UNITE!
  • Options
    Freeman_78Freeman_78 Melbourne Registered User regular
    I'm guessing all questions will be answered in the secret special enforcers forum.

• Options
    DistensionDistension Barista, Designer, Demonic Soul Salesman Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    i just want to know whether a costume while being an enforcer is allowed/frowned upon.