As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feature Request: Reporting PMs?

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
In those moments where someone PMs you something completely untoward or unwanted, is there any way to effectively report it without having to include a moderator in the conversation and making it obvious of what you are doing?

I mean, if not we can keep doing it the way we are, but I did kind of open myself up to abuse from a famous troll by reporting them in our current system, and he decided to use it to call me some awful shit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Moderators can see PM threads already, so you could probably just PM a mod and ask them to take a look.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Or just add a mod to the conversation. That seemed to work when I got one...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Or just add a mod to the conversation. That seemed to work when I got one...

He specifically wanted a way without having to do that, since that alerts the other person to you reporting them.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If you PM a mod they can take care of it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    For the record, moderators can't read your PMs and I can't forsee of a future where they can. Admins can check PMs in cases where abuse is reported.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tube wrote: »
    For the record, moderators can't read your PMs and I can't forsee of a future where they can. Admins can check PMs in cases where abuse is reported.
    Good enough. So long as there is a way for someone to see it without having to copy/paste or include the mod in the chat, I'll just PM the mods and let them filter it to the admins as needed.

I can't imagine this is a very common situation.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...