As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FUSE] Insomniac's 4-player shooter. It is OUT and so are the reviews.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    In case someone is interested, Insomniac is gonna do a livestream of Echelon: www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames

I'm at work so I can't check it out. It just started.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    This looks really fun, from what I've seen on that livestream. Sold!

• Options
    From what I read, they reduced the amount of health enemies had.

The less bullet-sponges there are, the better.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I just had the chance to watch the video. I think I'm gonna gravitate towards Dalton due built in shotgun in his fuse weapon.

The game could use a little gun variety and the maps could be a little bigger. But it is just one map so far.

EDIT: I do miss the style the game had when it was shown.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Fuse, the reason there is a crisis in the education system in the USA. :P

01_Fuse_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Dalton and Izzy's infographics were released a while ago too. I just saw the Overstrikum chart. :)

It seems Dalton's can block bullets and grenades but not hurtful comments from NeoGAF. Haha.
    02_Dalton_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

429634_475495075838867_501624293_n.jpg

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2013
    They just posted the new one. :)

182435_10151554392294853_1949895286_n.jpg

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Last one.

426464_476358769085831_1177872895_n.jpg

Now I'm gonna wait quietly for the game to be released. I'm really interested but I'm coming off as a shill.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I'm still curious about this game. I hope they release a demo.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I really hope its good. And yes at the Neil deGrasse Tyson joke.

• Options
    I appreciate Insomniac's humor. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2013
    EDIT: Double post.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    FUSE AT PAX! Link.
    Who has two thumbs and is having a panel at PAX East this year? This company! Technically, we have over 400 thumbs, but you get the idea.

On Saturday, March 23rd at 3 PM in the Phoenix Theatre, please join us for the “Fuse: The Sleeper Hit of 2013” panel. Chat with Insomniac CEO Ted Price, Lead Gameplay Programmer Doug Sheahan and Designer Mark Stuart and learn about the game’s four elite agents, epic locations, secret alien tech and state-of-the-art weapons that help mold the story that is Fuse. That’s PR speak for “Come see an awesome exclusive, live-demo of the game plus more surprises and stuff!” It’ll also be a great opportunity to directly ask top leaders on the game your questions. QA session is a go.

Every great panel needs a great moderator, though, so we got a pretty okay one! Greg Miller, the PlayStation Executive Editor of IGN, will be guiding the panel through it’s hour of Fuse-based inquisitions. Thanks, Greg! Ted owes you a hug.

So, if you are trekking to Boston this year for PAX, be sure to slice a sliver of time out to come check out our Fuse panel. You’re not going to want to miss out on this. Let us know if you plan on attending in the comments below.

For full info check out the official description here: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/fuse-the-sleeper-hit-of-2013

P.S. – We didn’t make one “How can Insomniac make a Sleeper hit?” joke. Very proud of us.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    There was a new demo at PAX. Sadly, I couldn't catch the stream. Maybe Wired will have video later:

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Release date announced:
    Anxious to get your hands on Fuse, the four-player cooperative third-person shooter? Well, we now have a release date. Fuse arrives May 28th in North America and May 31st in Europe. Fuse, of course, is from developer Insomniac Games and marks the first one of its titles to ever appear on the Xbox 360. Originally called Overstrike, Fuse puts you and your friends in control of four mercs and unleashes you on a whirlwind adventure.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty interested in playing this presuming it has a PC release.

Regarding the style change I honestly don't mind it too much, the new style actually looks really neat on the characters now they've brightened it up and providing the rest of the game is brightened up the same way it'll actually look great IMHO.

Though after the Overdrive trailer I'm genuinely hoping to fight giant robots to old rock songs. I think that's what got me so pumped over the Overdrive trailer because they seemed to 'get' co-op as a style there, just like how Gears of War while still being a serious shooter has a lot of cheese the trailer was like 'you know what you want to do in co-op? Drink heavily, put on good music, and shoot robots with friends'.

I hope the upgrade system isn't an 'unlock everything' so much as 'have a few loadouts of X points for each character'

Also all of them except crossbow dude look awesome, Izzy and Naya in particular seem fun, fucking stasis assault rifle, it's an ME3 players wet dream.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Sadly, PC ain't in the plans. Insomniac just started developing for the 360. It's a shame IMHO, I think the PC crowd would appreciate the game more.

NeoGAF started to sh*t on the game again. What did Ted Price do to them? :shock:

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Well that sucks.

Guess I'll just hope it's good enough that they decide to port it.

• Options
    I hope they reconsider and show other projects soon. This game has been incubated for a while and Outernauts does not have a lot of attention. They need to improve their advertising efforts.

@TPSou this the game I was telling you about on XBL.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Looks interesting in the way ME3's multiplayer is. It is a bit generic but if it was really polished could be good times, but I agree it should be on PC, what were they thinking!

• Options
    TPSou wrote: »
    Looks interesting in the way ME3's multiplayer is. It is a bit generic but if it was really polished could be good times, but I agree it should be on PC, what were they thinking!

Pfft, not going to lie, if I could have either the healer or tanks ability in ME3 multiplayer it'd be OP as hell.

• Options
    From Unzipped Zebra at the official forums:
    Found it! twitch.tv/twitch/b/381268917 It starts at 3:27:50. It's about 10-15 minutesish. They showed more at the actual panel, but you can still get a good gist from what they show here. Although there's a good bit of talking over it.

There is an echelon mode video but I don't know where it ended up.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Fuse: Your Questions Answered
    During a PAX East panel over the weekend, Insomniac Games announced a May 28th North American release date for its upcoming PS3 co-op shooter Fuse. The game blends some familiar elements of Resistance 2’s large-scale co-op mode with exotic weapons powered by an all-powerful alien substance dubbed, you guessed it, “Fuse.”

Given the news, we reached out to Insomniac Games President Ted Price with a list of topics we plucked from a recent Twitter call for questions. Enjoy, and be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I really wasn't interested in this at all until I read down this page and saw some of the humour they're putting into it, which they seem to have kept well-hidden from anything else I've heard about it. So, my advice to EA for promoting this is to let everybody know that it is funny. I get a bit of a Portal punk-science feeling from it, and that's a great thing to sell it on. If they leave that out of the promotion, very few people will care.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »
    I really wasn't interested in this at all until I read down this page and saw some of the humour they're putting into it, which they seem to have kept well-hidden from anything else I've heard about it. So, my advice to EA for promoting this is to let everybody know that it is funny. I get a bit of a Portal punk-science feeling from it, and that's a great thing to sell it on. If they leave that out of the promotion, very few people will care.

That's pretty much all the overstrike trailer was :p

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I had a link earlier. I wonder if a 4 co-op video from Giant Bomb or the like can turn the tide for the game.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Insomniac is streaming a new level and I'm at work:

Also, Ben had an article today on the game today. Here's the link.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    42 minutes of Triton level demo: http://www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames/b/386179377

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Insomniac had a livestream of a new Echelon level around an hour ago. Here is the video in case you wanna see it: http://www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames/b/389175677

I think it wasn't a good idea to stream this at the same of the Dark Souls II reveal. Maybe try it in a weekend when a lot of people is not at work.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Achievement list revealed: it constains some spoilers.
    Overstrike – Complete all missions on normal difficulty – 50G
    8-)
    Be warned that there are spoilers in this next list. If you want to stay immaculate from a barrage of story plot-points – avert your eyes. Go look at something else. Like a tree. Or the sun (but not directly).

And there are 4 Secret achievements that we aren’t going to tell you about because that would make it the opposite of a secret.
    :)

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    I am incredibly excited for this. Different classes, crazy guns, and built in mission based Co-op. Yes, please.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Suprised this isn't coming to PC. Might even be disapointed. I have a feeling this is going to bomb, and we're going to have a bunch people say after, "No, really you should get it, it's funny, and a lot of fun.", etc.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Kinda like Syndicate.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Official unboxing. They have improved their PR. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5OBVsZops4

Apparently a comic with the backstories of the characters is gonna be released next month.

"Stick together."

Got it.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Co-op demo next week: http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/press-release/ea-games-label/ea-and-insomniac-games-launch-fuse-digital-demo-may-7
    REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Insomniac Games announced the release of an action-packed demo for the co-op shooter, Fuse™. The fast-paced demo will be available on Xbox Live® Marketplace and the PlayStation® Network on May 7, allowing players to play online* cooperatively with up to four players, or in a 2-player split-screen. In the demo, players will take on the role of four elite operatives – Dalton Brooks, Izzy Sinclair, Jacob Kimble and Naya Deveraux. These special agents are out to protect mankind from Fuse, a deadly alien energy source which has been stolen by the rogue paramilitary organization, Raven. Each of the characters delivers a unique gameplay experience, as they have their own individual and unique “Xenotech” weapon and specialized skills. Players will use these abilities as they track down the Fuse source in a snowy secret weapon depot. Developed by the critically-acclaimed independent studio, Insomniac Games, Fuse will mark the company’s first multiplatform release when it becomes available for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system on May 28 in North America and May 31 in Europe.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    KazooKazoo Get in the van. I have candy.Registered User regular
    I just pre-ordered Fuse and Remember Me at Gamestop this morning. I'm pretty excited for both. :D

I didn't realize there was a demo dropping next week. YAY!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna try get those too.

But now I also want the new Splinter Cell and a 3DS with SMT IV. Time to start saving cash.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Demo is available. Going to download ASAP.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/fuse/#/news/detail/fuse-demo
    Description:

Experience the devastating power of co-op teamwork as you and up to three friends join forces in the Fuse demo from Insomniac Games. Overstrike 9 has tracked the stolen Fuse source to a remote Raven base in Pakistan’s treacherous Karakoram Mountains. The team must stop rogue paramilitary corporation Raven from carrying out its horrific plan to form a new world order. Taking place midway through the game, the demo gives players a chance to play with and level-up all four Overstrike operatives along with their Xenotech weapons. The demo supports 1-4 players with online and split-screen drop-in-and-drop-out-co-op.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqn9g8_2a4c

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Games taste in music has gone down.

Honestly I do like the look of it (lack of PC port makes me sad) I just wish it had a bit more colour in it over all.