As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 05/08/13: Now we let the hammers talk

TurambarTurambar IndependentRegistered User regular
Uncanny Avengers #8. Ragnarok is now
Thor smashes half of SWORDs Peak Station before getting help from Sunfire
UA%208_1.jpg

The Apocalypse Twins want to make sure that neither Red Skull nor Kang win out in the coming battles
That somehow means they need to drive a wedge between the Avengers and the X-Men
UA%208_2.jpg
UA%208_3.jpg

Avengers #11. We're going to have to do something about Doug
Natasha knows how black ops are done
Av%2011_1.jpg

Sam and Bobby continue to be awesome
Av%2011_2.jpg
AIM formal wear!

I was going to post a scan of Shang-Chi kicking ass with his new Stark-powered nunchuks, but Carol Danvers is just too smoking hot
Av%2011_3.jpg

Avenging Spider-Man #20. Hmph, it feels like I should make a joke here.
Ock goes aboard the SHIELD Helicarrier and meets the Secret Avengers with plans of breaking the Chameleon out
AvSM%2020_1.jpg
AvSM%2020_2.jpg

However, at the same time, super russian assassins board the Helicarrier with plans of killing Chameleon to keep him quiet
Chameleon escapes and kills two people, causing Ock a short fit of bad conscience
AvSM%2020_3.jpg

Then the Hulk shows up

Thor: God of Thunder #8. I've been having impure thoughts about my grandfather
Young Thor meets his future granddaughter and goes for the very definition of a Hail Mary
TGoT%208_1.jpg

Meanwhile, Old Thor and Now Thor reach the Godbomb planet in their Dragonship
TGoT%208_2.jpg

Shark punching occurs and finally the three Thors are united
TGoT%208_3.jpg
Aww yeah

Awesome week
Probably 4 of my 5 favourite series right now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    That Deodato art is horrendous.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Adventures of Superman #2, kids play superheroes on a farm:

adventuresofsuperman2a_zps8069c4a4.jpg

adventuresofsuperman2b_zpscfa517d6.jpg

adventuresofsuperman2c_zpseb250da1.jpg

adventuresofsuperman2d_zpse935f4b5.jpg

Li'l Gotham #10, Cinco de Mayo, it involves Tokyo Drifting and Dick and Babs on a date and it's just everything that the DCnU isn't, even if Katana still feels like Nguyen was originally drawing Cass:
    lilgotham10a_zpse383b008.jpg

lilgotham10b_zpsba85b5d6.jpg

lilgotham10c_zpsd1639de4.jpg

lilgotham10d_zps08c0c5be.jpg

lilgotham10e_zps0ad70944.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Superman is looking

interesting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Adventures of Superman #2 was very fun, but not at all easy on the eyes.

That series did get me buying digital exclusives though. Lil' Gotham is great. I need to get all of that.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Suicide Squad 20 The newest character follows in their sibling's footsteps.
    p2_suicidesquad20_3.jpg
    p2_suicidesquad20_4.jpg

sweetcreamscoops on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is she thicker than in #1?

I'm also assuming the colorist had to cover up some of Cheetah's pencils.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Waller? I don't know, maybe.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. Waller.

I cannot abide her being supermodel thin now. That's whack.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Constantine #3: "The good news is, we're not in London anymore."
    const1a.jpg~original

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    As much as people lament the end of Hellblazer, Constantine has been bloody great in JLDark and I'm glad his solo series is turning out to be great as well.
    And man, I love that art.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    So what does Waller expect
    James is going to bring to Suicide Squad?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Stradegy I suppose. If we go by "black mirror" the guy plotted several crimes and was only found out because he told everyone.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Double

sweetcreamscoops on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Stradegy I suppose. If we go by "black mirror" the guy plotted several crimes and was only found out because he told everyone.

Uhhmmm...
    isn't that likely to blow up in her face? How could it go any other way?

Also, at first I thought that Johnathan Crane was the guy she was talking to, and that he was going to be the team psychiatrist like Doc Samson used to be for X-Factor.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Fearless Defenders
    Hello? Hello, are you for hire?

• Options

Uhhmmm...

She has a team full of killers and psychos. I would think she knows it can all go south at any given moment.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Uhhmmm...

She has a team full of killers and psychos. I would think she knows it can all go south at any given moment.

Yeah, but in this case she's picking someone uncontrollable who's probably smarter than she is, and she's giving him some degree of control over the team's operations to boot.

It seems utterly irrational.

• Options
    Again, I'm sure she realizes this but finds the payoff bigger than the risk. Waller has made risky decisions that have blown up in her face before. But she also is a master manipulater and probably has several backup plans not to mention a bomb in his neck in case he tries something.

In fact, the next issue is about the team taking over Bel Reave. So I'm sure Kot knows that someone like James is hard to control but wants to show us that Waller doesn't fuck around when it comes to this team.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    That Deodato art is horrendous.

eh, I like it better than the "80% shadows" style he used to use

• Options
    That's a really low bar.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Batman #20: Obviously fanservice, but it works on me damn it.
    jMLv2cN.png

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Thor: God of Thunder is without a doubt the best thing that Jason Aaron has ever written, and the best thing that Esad Ribic has ever drawn

it's fucking amazingly good

We had Kirby cosmic, and it was great. We had Simonson's style, and that ruled.

But what Esad Ribic is doing amazes me. He's managed to keep that sci-fi element in a fantasy book, a cosmic element that is integral to Thor, but take inspiration from artists like Moebius to create a new style for the God of Thunder. And it compliments Aaron's style really well, and vice versa.

Damn, but I love it so much. It's my new Uncanny X-Force.

Solar on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Avengers Assemble #15AU: A devastated Britain finds an unlikely hero.
    UK6VkIE.jpg

turns out Computer Graham is a bigger hero than he thought

E6OhTs7.jpg

Rv13VWI.jpg

I found this article that dissects all the British-isms in the issue. It's kind of amazing.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh Christ, that's Computer Warrior or whatever, isn't it? That guy from the eighties version of the Eagle. Bloody hell, that takes me back. Sitting around in my parent's shoe shop, reading those stories...

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I am such a Ribic fanboy it isn't even funny

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    AGGRO IS A WAY OF LIFE!

• Options
    Bought DD v4 and all the singles since (##22-25), Assemble 15, hulk 5 or so, and I may have bought Batwoman. I'm psyched.

My MotW was just getting to visit a store for the first time in months (Floating World in Portland). Even if I was dumbstruck at how far behind I am and wishing I could remember what I have and haven't even gotten to read yet or preordered or ordered and was delayed (CM v2. Grrrrrr).

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Thor: God of Thunder is without a doubt the best thing that Jason Aaron has ever written, and the best thing that Esad Ribic has ever drawn

it's fucking amazingly good

We had Kirby cosmic, and it was great. We had Simonson's style, and that ruled.

But what Esad Ribic is doing amazes me. He's managed to keep that sci-fi element in a fantasy book, a cosmic element that is integral to Thor, but take inspiration from artists like Moebius to create a new style for the God of Thunder. And it compliments Aaron's style really well, and vice versa.

Damn, but I love it so much. It's my new Uncanny X-Force.

My friend and I were discussing this, and we decided that Thor: God of Thunder is so incredibly Metal that the only way to do it justice would be to paint every single page on electric guitars, and paint the covers on shitty 80s vans containing those guitars.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Rick Remender loves a good body count, doesn't he?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    haven't finished reading all the comics i got (have Thor, Avengers and Uncanny Avengers left) but thus far, the Doctor Who reference in the AU tie in of Avengers Assemble was pretty great! EX TER-R-R MIN ATE?

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448