As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    How does a check get retconned into an envelope of cash one issue later?

She cashed the check and then only kept what she was owed.

And I don't know how I feel about Bruce covering up Damian's death.

Robos A Go Go on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    How does a check get retconned into an envelope of cash one issue later?

She cashed the check and then only kept what she was owed.

And I don't know how I feel about Bruce covering up Damian's death.

Denial. If he can resurrect his son he won't have to hack a death certificate out.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Why all the discussion of minutiae when the issue as a whole was just great. I've decided that B&R has definitely overtaken Batman now.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    B&R was always better than Batman.

I thought Clayface looked cool, but just having him frame Bruce Wayne for a crime was a really obvious use for him. I figure this is just something Snyder wanted to crank out before getting to his next big story.

I enjoyed the last Batman but for some reason I wasn't very compelled to pick up the current one. Maybe the slightly higher price (compared to B&R) put me off. I'm not sure.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I heard a rumor that Damian Wayne is going to become Terry McGinnis. He's brought back with no memory, and Bruce places him with another family so he can live a happy, normal life.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that Damian Wayne is going to become Terry McGinnis. He's brought back with no memory, and Bruce places him with another family so he can live a happy, normal life.

This will make the possible future from Time and the Batman even more insane. :P

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah this sounds like bullshit honestly

CYpGAPn.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah this sounds like bullshit honestly

Sounds like someone watched Angel season 5.

Quire.jpg
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I heard the rumor from myself, in front of a mirror.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    bminc-special1jpg-5ea184.jpg
    Batman Incorporated Special. Anthology by Chris Burnham, Ethan Van Sciver, Dan DiDio, Joe Keatinge and more.

Man I really love Jiro's costume.

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    is it just me or did they make nightrunner white

1788825-nightrunner__012__01_.png
    Doesn't look too different to me

CYpGAPn.png
  • sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell if knight has boobs because it kind of looks like a man on my phone. Also, the fuck is Superbat.

The Knight has boobs because it is Beryl

CYpGAPn.png
  • sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    I know but it looks like she doesn't, so I'm wondering if Cyril is back.

Jiro and Lolita Canary are dating?

That seems... difficult.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    BAT COW

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jiro's had quite a few costume changes now.

So does this mean Inc is going on sans Morrison?

Edit: Wait, I thought Jiro and Aquazon were supposed to be a thing?

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg

That seems... difficult.

That's why he wanted that shrink ray so badly!

QEz1Jw1.png
    Amigu wrote: »

That seems... difficult.

That's why he wanted that shrink ray so badly!

At least there's Q-tips?

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I hate bat cow.

I want to be hip and open minded but that's not me.

It's just this forced goofy callback to a joke that was kinda funny for a single panel.

Batcow is more meant to be cute than funny I think. See your problem isn't a bad sense f humor.

You're just heartless

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Batcow is more meant to be cute than funny I think. See your problem isn't a bad sense f humor.

You're just heartless

Granted that is a factor, but my own intolerance of human warmth aside, its a fucking cow in the bat cave. *folds arms, looks forward to dying alone, surrounded by comics.*

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think there's the potential for some really interesting ways to develop the Batcow. Kind of like what they did Ace in Batman Beyond and later in Epilogue.

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    They should develop batcow into a batburger

And then eat the burger

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    glithert wrote: »
    They should develop batcow into a batburger

And then eat the burger

Lets hope the rest of batcow doesn't go to waste. Batribs anyone?

Finding out that Harper Row was created because Snyder wanted to use Cass Cain and was specifically forbidden by Editorial to use her gives a very sad feeling. :(

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I wonder what Snyder's original plan for Cass was since Harper is a completely different character.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Woah, really?

edited May 2013
    Baseless speculation: maybe Death of the Family was supposed to end with more people incapacitated/out of the superhero scene and Bruce became closer to/worked more with Cassandra as a result?

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
    I wonder what Snyder's original plan for Cass was since Harper is a completely different character.

I do too.

But rather than create an expy Synder created a different type of character.

They are different characters but what they have in common is thu both speak to a similar part of the fan base.

QEz1Jw1.png
    They are different characters but what they have in common is thu both speak to a similar part of the fan base.

How, by both being attractive young women?

How long will it be 'til we see Harper Row again anyway, since Snyder is going to be writing the flashback story Year Zero?

How, by both being attractive young women?

No it's not the attractiveness. There's a certain type of fan the following description probably doesn't apply perfectly to everyone but here we go. They post on tumblr, they're very into the "family" element of batman, it's important to them that different groups and minorities are represented in the comic, they might self identify as part of "fandom" and are often obsessed with a bunch of shows (supernatural and Sherlock come to mind), anime style fan art is popular with them and they love Steph Brown and Cas Cain. Harper is Pretty much made for that fan base. Which I'm fine with I think it's cool that there's more and different people into comics.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    It's my understanding that a noticeable amount of Cass/Steph fans hate Harper Row.

I know she's also been regarded as being a blatant manipulation attempt by the author.

I'm a Cass/Steph fan and I don't hate Harper.
    I just see her as a caricature of checked-boxes.

Yeah, I can see Harper appealing to dudes like Snyder who liked The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but I don't think Cass's fans have gotten behind her.