As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited October 2014 in Graphic Violence
new-ultimates-CVR-1-639b4.jpg

ULTFF2013001-cov-color-b922c.jpg

MM-USM-001-cover-col-9a0b7.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    :(

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Who died?

• Options
    Spoilers From Spider-Man #22
    8p1atoB.jpg

And then you get this at the end of the issue :(
    BLbPT6w.jpg

sdrhFql.jpg

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    fuck that.

• Options
    Ice cold Bendis. Ice. Cold.
    It hits even harder when you realize how young Miles is.

• Options
    interview about issue #22 / time skip http://www.newsarama.com/comics/spoiler-sport-ultimate-comics-spider-man-22.html

Miles' girlfriends name is Kate Bishop :) .

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    interview about issue #22 / time skip http://www.newsarama.com/comics/spoiler-sport-ultimate-comics-spider-man-22.html

Miles' girlfriends name is Kate Bishop :) .

Yes. I want this so bad.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Miles is now what, 14 after the time skip? Cause he looks and reads older than that to me for some reason.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Considering everything he's experienced I'd be dissapointed if he didn't sound older than 14. As for looks, I have no idea.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Teenagers grow fast!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    You'll hit your growth spurt eventually, Keith!

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Miles is now what, 14 after the time skip? Cause he looks and reads older than that to me for some reason.

Jaden Smith is 14. The first two pictures are from After Earth, which was filmed last year. The last is from press junkets this year. (Will Smith is 6' 2")
    After-Earth-Will-Jaden-Smith-1.jpeg
    Jaden-Smith-After-Earth1.jpg
    will-jaden-smith-after-earth-cancun-photo-call-01.jpg

Looks about right.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Anyone else check out Fialkov's first issue of Ultimates? I quite enjoyed it, He seems like he has a better sense of the characters than Humphries, and it's great to see Ultimate Reed back!

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ultimate Reed looks so creepy in this issue. I like it!

Edit: I have to wonder, though, why he was in his Fantastic Four suit while he was imprisoned.

Armoroc on
  • Options
    Anyone else check out Fialkov's first issue of Ultimates? I quite enjoyed it, He seems like he has a better sense of the characters than Humphries, and it's great to see Ultimate Reed back!

I disagree. The only characters that we get a enough lines to judge him for were hulk, Cap, and Reed.

Reed was alright.

Hulk was terrible and just him yelling variations of "You guys are fucking screwed!"

Cap seems to officially be letting go of any attempt at Character growth from Parkers death.

The first issue has not filled me with confidence.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Armoroc wrote: »

Edit: I have to wonder, though, why he was in his Fantastic Four suit while he was imprisoned.

because normal clothes won't stretch with him and they didn't want him to be naked.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013

His suit switches from the FF uniform to his City uniform during the fight - could be the Gauntlets rejiggering it, or it could have the ability to switch designs.

Maybe they took away his City suit and put him in his FF outfit to make sure he wasn't hiding any nasty techno gadgets in the City one.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So something's definitely going down with the Ultimate Universe.

On tumblr, somebody asked Bendis "If you could redo (for the better) anything in the Ultimate Universe, what would it be and why?" and he said "Ask me again in six months."

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/52576253644/if-you-could-redo-for-the-better-anything-in-the

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mother of Gawd...

Spider-Man's death? Ultimatum? The FF's disintegration? With Reed in control of the infinity gems, that last one might not be too far off.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    They better not undo Miles Morales

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

On tumblr, somebody asked Bendis "If you could redo (for the better) anything in the Ultimate Universe, what would it be and why?" and he said "Ask me again in six months."

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/52576253644/if-you-could-redo-for-the-better-anything-in-the

Damn his ambiguity! Does he mean, ask again in 6 months, because he'll BE changing something by then? or ask again in 6 months because something dumber than Ultimatum is about to happen, and will become something he wishes he could change?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Calling it now: green goblin returns.

• Options

Damn his ambiguity! Does he mean, ask again in 6 months, because he'll BE changing something by then? or ask again in 6 months because something dumber than Ultimatum is about to happen, and will become something he wishes he could change?

If it were the second he wouldn't be talking about it.
    Calling it now: green goblin returns.

Well sure eventually. Bendis left him alive at the end of Death of Spider-man for a reason.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    glithert wrote: »
    They better not undo Miles Morales

Bendis wouldn't.

• Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    miles is the modern day throwback to what peter parker once was. i don't see him going away anytime soon. he's got too much development in front of him.

• Options
    Anyone reading UC Xmen?
    So after reading issue 26 it seems apparent that Ult. Psylocke is the one controlling everyone (or it appears to be her). If you go a bit further I suppose it makes sense that a lot of the mutants seeing hallucinations of dead people are being controlled by a psychic. The psychic being Psylocke? I don't see what the end goal is, but I suppose we will find out more during the next issue.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    double post : (

Armoroc on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Anyone reading UC Xmen?
    So after reading issue 26 it seems apparent that Ult. Psylocke is the one controlling everyone (or it appears to be her). If you go a bit further I suppose it makes sense that a lot of the mutants seeing hallucinations of dead people are being controlled by a psychic. The psychic being Psylocke? I don't see what the end goal is, but I suppose we will find out more during the next issue.

I haven't read the newest issue so I'll need to see how that Jives with an earlier issue
    That revealed that SInister was the man at the top.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Man Ultimates was really great. And with the Hunger reveal, can't wait to see how it plays out.
    Spider-Man was a little slow, but great as well!

• Options
    Can't wait to find out about the
    infinity gem being inside Ultimate Tony Stark's head all this time

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    HUNGER preview art
    ga2e69777.jpg

g160ced8d.jpg

g3bf8b6ec.jpg

g3f418bb4.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I wasn't gonna get Hunger

But oh hey it stars Ultimate Rick Jones and Captain Marvel and 616 Silver Surfer. All of which I really love.

So

Guess I am getting Hunger

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    HUNGER preview art
    g3bf8b6ec.jpg

The right side of this page looks like an over-the top fighting game entrance.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I really like the last page.
    You can almost hear Galactus thinking 'Why are all those ships sporting my horns?'

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I really like the last page.
    You can almost hear Galactus thinking 'Why are all those ships sporting my horns?'

or
    "Oooo Appetizers"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    JAJRziw.gif

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    So what's the deal with Ultimate Galactus?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So what's the deal with Ultimate Galactus?

A mass of self repairing ships that fly from inhabited planet to inhabited planet going through a process that allows them to devour whatever is useful to them, rebuild what was lost in taking it and move on.

The saga was intentionally light on the why but they haven't appeared until now. There is a concienceness to it and when Xavier tried to make contract with it all he felt was revolution that something organic was touching its mind.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, they don't seem to like organics much.

Also the reason they stayed away from Earth is Earth managed to fuck them up with a giant laser (that was actually a portal to a dimension undergoing a big bang, IIRC. I could be completely off on that. A Reed Richards invention he named "the Ultimate Nullifier"). It was easy to just leave and go elsewhere than to keep getting hit by that.