As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enforcer Applications for PAX Aus are now closed

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Enforcer beard powers activate! I'm in but haven't got a response to my photo yet (probably because I took so long to get it to Kristin).

Either that or the photo was so hideous i'm off the Enforcer list :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • RadkeJRadkeJ Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be any good spots left or rooms to share by the time I finally get my forum access :|

• smerksmerk Registered User regular
    @radkej For SERIOUSLY?? God Damn it. I saw you on the Forums, but I guess that was just Unauthorised you.
    Sigh. This sucks, dude.

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
    I've been on the forums for a couple days, now. Still no access. Its getting mean now :P

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Many people aren't even on the forums yet - including myself.

Be patient.

• vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I got my approval last night... so they are still processing them.

I was late sending my photo in....sent it yesterday....and approval came in about 12hrs (but I must have been a bit lucky with that).
    RadkeJ wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be any good spots left or rooms to share by the time I finally get my forum access :|

Don't know what exactly you mean by this, I will assume you mean the different areas during PAX... I couldn't see any lists for rooms yet.

The venue map may be out end of this month or start of the next (mentioned on the forum) so i would think that nothing will happen until then...just my guess

vjreddy12 on
    tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • hyperkittyhyperkitty Registered User regular
    I have yet to receive my e-mail/reply for regarding whether or not I got accepted as an Enforcer. Should I give up?

Danacyrus wrote: »

Be patient.

Quiet you! This is about me! :P

edited May 2013
    Danacyrus wrote: »

Be patient.

Quiet you! This is about me! :P

No its about me! :P :P....and my Enforcer application

hyperkitty on
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to facepalm in the corner.

.....so no one can tell me whats happening? I really need to know. Thanks ^__^

I've been on the forums for a couple days, now. Still no access. Its getting mean now :P

This just out on twitter...

"New Australian Enforcers: if your forum account has still not been activated, it means your WHS declaration has not been received."

hyperkitty wrote: »

I dont know if they're still sending out acceptance emails, might be a bit late for that now?

Stupid question... Checked your spam folders, etc?

edited May 2013
    vjreddy12 wrote: »

"New Australian Enforcers: if your forum account has still not been activated, it means your WHS declaration has not been received."

Oh dear...So..oh my. What do I do now? I only read during the application process that you needed a twitter account, not a forum account....

hyperkitty on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    PRD creates your forum account, you don't have to do anything in that regard.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?

I dont know if they're still sending out acceptance emails, might be a bit late for that now?

Stupid question... Checked your spam folders, etc?

yeah I checked, nothing at all.

whypick1 wrote: »

We create the new user in the Enforcer forum using the EnforcerHandle given to PRD.

PRD then approves the account matching the EnforcerHandles.

edited May 2013

Oh dear...So..oh my. What do I do now? I only read during the application process that you needed a twitter account, not a forum account....

All this happens after you are accepted as an Enforcer

vjreddy12 on

All this happens after you are accepted as an Enforcer

Oh right, that's makes sense then, thank you ^_^. Anyway what now?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular

We create the new user in the Enforcer forum using the EnforcerHandle given to PRD.

Forget what I said then. It was handled differently when I first joined and we weren't using Vanilla.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?

Pretty sure I'd already done this, but then again... I did get the email at 4:30 in the morning, so mebe not :P

Forget what I said then. It was handled differently when I first joined and we weren't using Vanilla.

Cool... I just thought writing down the process may make it a bit clear for others.

edited May 2013
    Pretty sure I'd already done this, but then again... I did get the email at 4:30 in the morning, so mebe not :P

I think they were requesting people do the declaration again...

vjreddy12 on
  • kaxlykaxly Registered User new member
    This sounds stupid but whats the WHS declaration?

kaxly wrote: »
    This sounds stupid but whats the WHS declaration?

Don't know what it stands for, but basically its a OH&S (Health and Safety) policy that you are to read, understand and agree with.

Is that sent when you have to send the photo? Cause I didn't get that. :S

No....after you send the photo...you get a second email with 4 steps to complete.

The WHS declaration is step 1 of the second email.

• El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have yet to receive my e-mail/reply for regarding whether or not I got accepted as an Enforcer. Should I give up?

Check out this post from Melayna: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26739567/#Comment_26739567

According to that, it might be worth sending a follow-up email to PRD.

At the bottom of the pdf you had to read, there is a button you need to click on to finish the agreement.

No....after you send the photo...you get a second email with 4 steps to complete.

The WHS declaration is step 1 of the second email.

At the bottom of the pdf you had to read, there is a button you need to click on to finish the agreement.

Thank you both. And since I haven't gotten that second email yet, I'm not missing anything.

• delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    I'm also waiting on that second email - send my headshot in on the 10th...

find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
  • rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea, there's a second email that outlines what to do in regards to communication methods and the declaration.

• MelaynaMelayna Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Just to give people a little bit of a heads up on what happened for me. (I'm going to assume that I was quite late to the enforcing party because my name got dropped off mailing lists. But maybe Kristin was being super nice to me because I had a few extra days wondering what on earth happened.)
    11/05 Emailed Kristin because I hadn't gotten any sort of acceptance/decline email. gave my full name, email address
    11/05 Received verification from Kristin for acceptance. This is email 1, that most people should of gotten. It asks for you to email Kristin back with your enforcer photo.
    14/05 (I was busy over weekend didn't have time) Sent Photo
    15/05 Recieved new email from Kristin (This is the 4 step email. Do the steps in order or you'll just find that your waiting for stuff to happen eg. verification.) P.S Don't try to do step one on your phone, mine at least would not let me click the link at the end of the PDF, do it on a computer. Step 1 is very important, make sure that you do it FIRST.
    I found that on that day I was pretty much registered for the enforcer forum, but I had to wait a few hours to be activated. I couldn't see anything for a few hours.
    Don't spam Kristin constantly though wondering what's going on. Just email her once if your concerned.

EDIT: on the forum access issue, did you check your email for the verification link? I think there is actually 2 you get before you can actually see threads.
    @hyperkitty double check your spam/junk folders for an email from klindsay@penny-arcade.com if you don't think you have recieved something just give her a heads up. You definitely should of heard something by now. You could of fallen off the list like me. It'll be ok you'll find out what happened.

Melayna on
  • Freeman_78Freeman_78 Melbourne Registered User regular
    Hrmm still no permission on the enforcer forums ... methinks ill have to investigate...

I e-mailed Kristin but haven't heard back. Sadface

• BakinPacmanBakinPacman Registered User new member
    Hey all new Enforcer here (can ask me anything about PC parts).

Anyone able to access the areas of the forum linked in the second email in the categories section? I think I am fully registered to the enforcer site but can not see any sub forum links for aus pax?

• rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hey all new Enforcer here (can ask me anything about PC parts).

Anyone able to access the areas of the forum linked in the second email in the categories section? I think I am fully registered to the enforcer site but can not see any sub forum links for aus pax?

Did you get the "Membership Approved" email?
    It comes after the email confirmation.

I think I am fully registered to the enforcer site but can not see any sub forum links for aus pax?

Thats what happened to me too...

As rith said, you have to wait for the email saying "You have been approved for membership. Sign in now at the following link:"

• MidiMadMidiMad Registered User new member
    I sent my photo in 12 day ago and I'm eagerly waiting a response :)

If I don't hear back soon, should I send it again? I'm a little worried that it might've gotten lost.

Just send her an email to follow up and it'll get put through pretty quick :)