As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW stupid fucking webcomic thread, jerks NSF56K for pics

• Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

I was totally expecting that to be Jack

No because Jack is actually a furry comic.

yeah I know but something about it said "Jack" to me

Soup on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm not going to lie, I laughed my ass off reading the Great Outdoor Fight.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ZebesianPirateZebesianPirate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

I was totally expecting that to be Jack

No because Jack is actually a furry comic.

yeah I know but something about it said "Jack" to me

I suspected that it would be Lackadaisy. I mean, that really isn't furry but people on here branded it as being furry. Well, actually, it was pretty much just TFS saying it was furry and people disagreeing with him, as far as I can remember.

ZebesianPirate on
    thrownroomsigss2.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Every time I read achewood I really want to incorporate their vocabulary into mine.

like "oh necessarily"

and "man dogg"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    also I still read questionablecontent but just because I read it before when it was either funnier or I was younger (I mean I was younger but maybe that's why I liked it) and now I mean there just aren't that many webcomics that update every day.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Count ClockCount Clock Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Questionable Content is fucking awful.

Count Clock on
    "To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." -Ichiro Suzuki
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I looked forward to Monday/Wednesday/Friday during school. I chilled in the library during lunch, and those were the days all my comics updated. PA, which I had to view through the forums, McNinja, OotS, until Rich went to the "whenever" schedule, and XKCD.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I just realized that when I finally get done reading this chunk of the archives, I have to go back and read like the first 3 years. I started in the middle.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I found Questionable Content when I was 14 and followed it religiously until my taste in humor matured significantly and I found Achewood. Basically, if you're trying to write a comic for the 18+ crowd but it only appeals to high schoolers, you fail.

Count Clock on
    "To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." -Ichiro Suzuki
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think middle schoolers because it leans completely on people's interest in basically the drama they would have in their own lives, and whereas high schoolers are pretty much sick of that shit middle schoolers are, as far as I can tell and remember, very "oh man drama woo".

Also, if I had to choose 5 comics and have the rest just be DEMOLISHED, it would be Achewood, PA, OotS, Dr. McNinja and maybe Qwantz.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shank, I'd pick the same, except with XKCD instead of Qwantz. Qwantz is too wordy for me, I appreciate the geek jokes in XKCD. "Commented" is an example, I'll get a pic. I also like the "my hobby" jokes.
    EDIT: Not the one I mentioned, just one I love about Guitar Hero.
    guitar_hero.jpg
    And then do it again in a minute now that they're out of star power.
    EDIT2: Here's the Commented joke. I didn't get it at first, then took Intro to Java and went "Ohhh."
    commented.png
    Your IDE's color may vary.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin, you don't like reading?

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shank I would definitely say the core audience would be high schoolers. I don't know why you say that high schoolers are sick of everyday drama; they love it more than middle schoolers do.

Count Clock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's not that I don't like reading, I just feel like Qwantz comes off as wordy. Granted, I've chuckled at it a few times, but over all, it doesn't appeal to me.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shank I would definitely say the core audience would be high schoolers. I don't know why you say that high schoolers are sick of everyday drama; they love it more than middle schoolers do.

Because I'm a high schooler, and I, everyone I hang out with, and everyone I've ever talked to has basically said "yeah since 9th grade the appeal has seriously worn off". Hell no one I know has had 'high school drama' ("Becky said she liked Sam but Sam is going steady with Julia who really likes Brad who likes Becky") since about 8th grade, now it's treated basically like "hm, I like you. Want to go out with me?" "yeah, sure".

Also, let's keep this thread shitty-Clock-CAD-edit free.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Once again, agreeing with Shank, on both counts.
    t Centipede: Well we don't like you, and I'm not adding all of those because you were nice enough to compile them.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also, let's keep this thread shitty-Clock-CAD-edit free.

Hey man, lay off. I didn't even do anything yet.

Count Clock on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin I don't understand what you are saying

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    This is a preemptive "knock it off." Chill the fuck out.
    ITT Clock is Clock.

What I'm saying is I'm really lazy, Centipede.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    But Wiggin my comics are coooool

you should add them

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The OP is reserved for the truly good, and Qwantz.

Oh snap!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Count what he's trying to say is that even though you haven't made a huge ass of yourself in these 3 pages (big fucking accomplishment) we think it would be better given the last thread if you would just knock it off.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I have knocked it off. Chill the fuck out.

Count Clock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin you wound me

You wound my Favorites list

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Last I checked, you were the one getting pissed.
    All we're saying is, don't start that shit again.

Centipede, your Favorites suck. Plus, a real man just remembers that his comic is updated and types it by hand.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    No shit. And all I'm saying is that there is no reason to keep reminding me. It makes me wonder if you guys are even worth all the restraint it takes not to make another one of those aberrations. You guys have been taking me entirely too seriously.

Count Clock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    depends how much of a fan of your work the Tubester is.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We reminded you one goddamn time. One. You got all defensive.
    This is nothing in SE. Nothing.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Take it from Wiggin, dude.

This is the SE++ equivalent of a scoff or a vague sneer.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oh come one, Wiggin. You say that like SE is prison. And just for the record, I thought that my getting defensive the first time would tell you guys that I was done with them. And then you kept saying the same thing as if I hadn't understood it. I thought my change in tone would indicate that I am bored with baiting you guys, like I was in the other topic.

Count Clock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Old Peanuts comics are actually pretty funny. Charles Schulz really lost a lot of his talent in his later years.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also, Achewood is great when Molly makes Beef tin foil undies, and Beef, Ray, and Teodor realize what's wrong with the world and get Zen. Apparently, the modern dong is vestigal.
    EDIT: Dude. I say it because there's a lot worse. They made fun of the fact that my mom had cancer and said I gave it to her. This is nothing.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Take it from Wiggin, dude.

This is the SE++ equivalent of a scoff or a vague sneer.

being vague isn't cool.
    you gotta be balls to the wall sneerin' man
    no holds barred

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I apologize in advance, but I have found the first bald-comic related picture to be funny.
    1186766831458at8.jpg

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    One of the best Achewood arcs is when Pat goes to prison and meets nice Pete.

"Pat, do you think it is wrong for a man to give another man kisses. . . or do you agree that it is okay"

Count Clock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Also, Achewood is great when Molly makes Beef tin foil undies, and Beef, Ray, and Teodor realize what's wrong with the world and get Zen. Apparently, the modern dong is vestigal.

What we are going to do has already been chosen. We just have to remember.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »
    I apologize in advance, but I have found the first bald-comic related picture to be funny.
    1186766831458at8.jpg

I nominate this for the new "Goddammit Wiggin" picture.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    achewood

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    jmillikin wrote: »
    1186766831458at8.jpg

I nominate this for the new "Goddammit Wiggin" picture.

You cannot nominate yourself for that shit, Wiggin.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
This discussion has been closed.