As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spring into Action Figures!

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ichnob wrote: »
    In terms of size, how is the Spider-Man Origins: Iron Spider-Man figure compared to the Spider-Man Classics line? I think these figures are of the same size compared to the Marvel Legends line, but the Origins figurese look bigger. I'd like to add Iron Spidey to my display of Classic, Modern, and Black Suit, just to round out Pete's more prominent costumes.

Also, I'd like to pick up a good Cap figure. Should I get Marvel Legends Classic Cap variant or the Faceoff: Cap vs. Red Skull?

The Face Off version is the best one Toy-Biz produced. There is a nice unmasked variant as well.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Wow.

It would have been nice if it didn't look like it were made out of Play-Doh. Those Megaman figures currently/recently on Toys R Us shelves look cruddy, too... oh wait, don't you have those? Eh heh.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I actually would not mind owning that. It would be better if they sharpened the edges a little, though.

Lux on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

I like how some of those pictures make it look like he's too drunk to stand up.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow.

It would have been nice if it didn't look like it were made out of Play-Doh. Those Megaman figures currently/recently on Toys R Us shelves look cruddy, too... oh wait, don't you have those? Eh heh.

which mega man ones

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    I actually would not mind owning that. It would be better if they sharpened the edges a little, though.

it makes no sense that he's round with "sharp" paint to look 8-bit

why didn't they just make him blocky

but i'll get one since I've got Dracula X Chronicles pre-ordered

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow.

which mega man ones

Is he talking about the Retro Rotos?

Or something entirely new that I have not heard about? I must know!

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You guys, I really want a kick ass Joker figure. Any suggestions?

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Super Powers Joker. With mallet swinging action.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    You guys, I really want a kick ass Joker figure. Any suggestions?

the upcoming Killing Joke one

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There's also one from the Batman/Superman line that looks pretty neat.

There was another good one I saw at comic con but I can't remember what it was exactly.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    IMG_2412.jpg
    May05_3.jpg
    (That's Helen Clark, Prime Minister of New Zealand btw)
    :?:

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sideshow has a preview up of the 'classic' Daredevil Legendary scale bust. It's basically a variant of the modern version, but I think it looks better myself.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    if only the yellow outfit wasn't so gay

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm not a huge fan either, but when it comes to a 3D representaion, it just seems to look better to me.

Another example -

Hard Hero Daredevil statue

Hard Hero Daredevil Dealer Exclusive

Obviously there some slightly different sculpted pieces and not just a simple repaint, but the yellow just makes it pop more, making it more appealing to the eye.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    yeah it looks pretty good in that one

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I got the Expanded Universe Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade back. Really good pieces, except for that since they are made to have the accompanying helmet put on their heads, without them their necks look really long. Also they suffer the same problem that most of Hasbros SW line have, they are really hard to balance standing up.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm not a huge fan either, but when it comes to a 3D representaion, it just seems to look better to me.

Another example -

Hard Hero Daredevil statue

Hard Hero Daredevil Dealer Exclusive

Obviously there some slightly different sculpted pieces and not just a simple repaint, but the yellow just makes it pop more, making it more appealing to the eye.

My wife ordered one of those for me. The red and yellow because she knows Daredevil: Yellow is one of my favorite comics ever. I'm all kinds of excited to get a hold of it, such an awesome sculpt.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I bought some Heroclix at PAX yesterday because they look cool and now I want all of them*

*them being DC ones

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    daredevil: yellow is why i like the yellow costume more

humble on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I bought some Heroclix at PAX yesterday because they look cool and now I want all of them*

*them being DC ones

Do you play or just collect?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

*them being DC ones

I bought them just because they look neat

but then the guy was explaining it to me and it sounds pretty fun, so I'd like to give it a shot

but I don't know anyone that plays it and I'm not one for playing with strangers

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

*them being DC ones

I bought them just because they look neat

but then the guy was explaining it to me and it sounds pretty fun, so I'd like to give it a shot

but I don't know anyone that plays it and I'm not one for playing with strangers

I'm in the same boat, but I've yet to sink any money into them.

Though I do want the 'giant' Heroclix, Spectre, Sinestro, and Starro.

Also, here are pictures of Hasbro's Marvel Legends Wave Three

No sir, I don't like it.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    those mostly look awful, but i do like the hydra goon

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I do kinda like The Black Knight figure.

Although that could just be my love of the Black Knight.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They really are terrible looking.

Though, I could always pick up the Hydra Agent and call him Bob

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow.

which mega man ones
    The ones that are big, clunky, not very poseable, and are based on the various video games. The paint looks kinda sloppy and the sculpts leave something to be desired... I believe Jazzwares makes them. Actually, some of their new ones based on the original Mega Man don't look too bad in the pics...

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Heroclix is a really fun game, you guys should give it a try at a local shop. The game would really translate well into a DS title. I'd love that oh so much.

Actually if you like DC now is a great time to go to a local tournament. They are having a Starrgo event where you can win some exclusive figures. Use this link to search for a place around you. Can't hurt to go once, see if anyone there is anyone tolerable there, and never return if you hated it. Plus the shop should have single clixs available in case there is a particular character you really want for your collection.

And because everyone likes pictures I bought one of these sweet Dark Phoenix giant heroclix just yesterday.
    phoenix_1024.jpg

Accualt on
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i didnt realize the jsa liberty files figures came out so soon

we had some at work so i picked up the batman one, the paint job on him kinda sucks but its the only one we have so ill deal with it

humble on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2007
    I have entirely too many HeroClix and nobody to play against anymore

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If you ever feel like driving three hours for a game I could probably find a card table somewhere in my house.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I picked up another pack of Heroclix at the shop today because they didn't have last week's Invincible

I got:

Cheetah
    Scarecrow
    Raven (white)
    The Joker (Killing Joke version)

the joker's awesome

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    Heroclix is a really fun game, you guys should give it a try at a local shop. The game would really translate well into a DS title. I'd love that oh so much.

Actually if you like DC now is a great time to go to a local tournament. They are having a Starrgo event where you can win some exclusive figures. Use this link to search for a place around you. Can't hurt to go once, see if anyone there is anyone tolerable there, and never return if you hated it. Plus the shop should have single clixs available in case there is a particular character you really want for your collection.

And because everyone likes pictures I bought one of these sweet Dark Phoenix giant heroclix just yesterday.
    phoenix_1024.jpg

Wow. That's an impressive HeroClix.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't understand HeroClix because there are like five different versions of the same clix what

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2007
    I don't understand HeroClix because there are like five different versions of the same clix what

it really doesn't matter what version you use

you could basically fied a team of shang-chis if you want

the best figures I have are probably Ultimate Thor and the Unique Shadowcat from way back with Lockheed on her arm

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    There are three to four versions of each figure per set. Rookie, Regular, Veteran and sometimes Unique. Each level is more powerful than the previous and worth more points. When you play a match everyone agrees on a set number of points, usually between 300 and 500. Some people like to use a few Veterans while others like to field a larger team of Rookies and then, of course, others mix and match.

Personally I hate the system but that is just because I hate getting duplicate molds. From a game play perspective it works out well, more variety.
    I picked up two boxes of the new Avengers set and was very pleased to see there is only one version of each mold. Hopefully this will be the way all sets are done from now on. The sculpts seem much improved from five years ago, too. Those first two sets were awful looking.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I picked up the Dark Woman and A'shard Hett two pack yesterday.

Man the Hett figure is so awesome. He looks exactly right, and he's super posable compared to the other figures in the line.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Had to hit the shop today to pick up a book they were shorted on this week, and since I'm terribly behind on my DC Directness, I picked up a few.

justicebb.jpg

I may grab a set of Superfriends figures as well. At ten bucks a pop, why not? Paint and sculpt work on each figure turned out really good.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is that some kind of medieval Blue Beetle?

devoir on
This discussion has been closed.