As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anti-D&D Movie

167891012»

• Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Magic in UA reminds me a bit of Sorceror, with the whole "you can do huge things, but it''l cost you" idea.

Each character is tied to a demon. That demon can do things, but it also needs things. The idea is that whatever it is that you want, you always could get it, it's more a matter of what it costs. I tried to run a pbp once, but people didn't really get it.

I hear Dogs in the Vineyard did the same thing, but it's more of a Western thing. Instead of magic you have guns. If you use them you'll probably win the conflict, but you're supposed to be sheriff-type dudes in pre-state Utah, so just killing everybody is a problem. I mean, youcould, it's just not as satisfying.
    I just read up a bit on Dogs in the Vineyard, and it sounds fucking amazing.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    So, on the subject of props: this seems like a neat idea.

Or, you know, you could just use them to make your linens smell unspeakably evil.