As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post Pax Party @ The Geddes Lounge! <333 Thanks for coming!!!

• gaming_goddessgaming_goddess Cosplay Geek BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    I'll double check with the venue about dress code - but I see no problem with it from my side :)

Thank you :) This is gonna be really awesome :D

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    just checking out the area around the geddes lounge on google maps, apparently there's a steak restaurant just around the corner, anybody interested in going there before the party?

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    sounds good!

EDIT: lay down some absorbent material down to soak up all that alcohol :D

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • SabastianRileySabastianRiley Youtuber Gamer Reviewer BirsbaneRegistered User regular
    Make sure to share links to this thread to all your friends! More people the better!!
    Hello

I spoke about this in my first Pre- PaxAus Rapup
    ill be doing another video tonight and want to put an upate in it for this so is there anymore details to include? eg percentage of tickets sold or other costs?

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Hey,

Nothing else I can announce at the moment, maybe something exciting in the next fortnight though

At this stage tickets are about 50% sold though :D

here's hoping the ticket sales start to ramp up in june!

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    50% of that venue is still alot of people. You are to be commended @Danacyrus well done!

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    50% means that you're either all gonna go home particularly drunk, or I'm going home with a pretty big bill T_T

why not both?
    *spanish mariachi band*

that would be a good combo, a nerdy, geek band that does songs mariachi style :D

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Mariachi Mario, in Australia.

MMA. it's been written.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    50% means that you're either all gonna go home particularly drunk, or I'm going home with a pretty big bill T_T

We got your back.

Goomba and I need to get SUPER wasted because we have a 30 hour trip home the next day.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Well another ticket bought, I've also shot you off an email Danacyrus in regards to helping out with games/consoles for the event... Forgot to mention, if there is going to be Rockband, I have quite a library of songs :P

oh man it's gonna be an awesome evening!

• SamBSamB Registered User new member
    edited May 2013
    Ticket bought! Wow I'm actually going aren't I, wasn't sure if I would follow through past buying the expo tickets. Just gotta find somewhere to stay now. Cannot wait!

SamB on
    Ok, it looks like I will be bringing in both my PS3 and X360 in for us to play some games. Just a quick question to those going, any chance of any of you willing to give me a hand to bring these down? I live literally 5 minutes walk from the venue and would be really grateful for any help you guys/girls could provide (a taxi was offered there and back, but I find the concept silly as it is such a short distance). We'd be bringing in 2 consoles + Accessories + Games, overall very easy with one or two other people...

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Go to a stranger's house that is called FuzzyPredator..hmmm..... :D

Personally I'd go the taxi - its relatively cheap (happy to chip in if you need) and safer than taking a grand of hardware in the darkened Melbourne streets...

Also I'm assuming theres TVs to play them on available? Or projectors?

Like I said I'm more than happy to cover the taxi as the easiest way to get there :)

Well a Taxi would be rather silly as the guy would literally have to drive to the corner, turn and drive 15 meters... (he'll also be probably annoyed...) But if that's what I must do, then that's what I'll do...

Just saying it would be a LOT easier to have someone walk me down (you wouldn't need to go to my house, you can meet me downstairs in the lobby or out the front of the apartment building) and help me carry one bag for 5 minutes... :D

• KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    I furrow my brow at this. Is taking the parts separately in 2 trips out of the question? The only reason I can think is keeping an eye on your gear, but... I doubt you'll be able to do that when the party's in progress anyway, so...

I can take it in 2 trips, no problems there, just more of a question of walking down King St with gear... Anywhoo I'll sort it out closer to the date, I may even get one of my friends to give me a hand (as I think they'll be at PAX anyway).

Sorry forgot to mention, I live at 501 Little Collins Street (so people with google can actually see how close it is)...

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    Dude, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I'm staying up on Bourke street, so its kind of on my way.. PM me or look me up on steam.

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
    Thanks mate! PMs AWAY!!! :D

Pretty awesome, both of our awesome music acts have just been announced as artists for PAX!

@gaming_goddess cosplay is all good :)

I've decided that tickets will be available at the door.

Also, can those who were interested in helping at the party give me a shout via PM or email please. NysyrGames@gmail.com Thanks!

soon-sheep.jpg

(specifically one month!)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    oh yeah boys and girls!

• essjaydubdubessjaydubdub Registered User new member
    I've got my ticket and I'm trying to persuade more people to come along /fingers crossed :)

• SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, this looks really good. Hoping to come along, but also fingers crossed I'm not too tired!

• KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Post pax party sounds cool. Depends entirely on arrangements. Likely to be any tickets on the door for last minute entrants?

Dominic
    sig.gif
    Yep, tickets will be available at the door :D

• KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Yay, thank you. Need to work out arrangements, with regards to next day flights :D

Dominic
    sig.gif
  • SobekhSobekh Registered User new member
    Hello Danacryrus just wanted to ask if you got my PM, due to a HD fault and no server side backup I have lost my confirmation ticket (paid via paypal) can you resend the ticket? (I sent my details to you via pm). Thanks for your help, sorry for the hassle.

Hey, I don't check the forums every day, so I'll have a look tonight after I've sorted out some other things.

• SabastianRileySabastianRiley Youtuber Gamer Reviewer BirsbaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hello So I mentioned this again in:

My video
    http://youtu.be/AMKzjvsW_1Q
    Just so you know

Cant wait for this Its going to be pretty amazing

SabastianRiley on
  • DeathbystormDeathbystorm CanberraRegistered User regular
    This looks amazing hope to see you guys at the party should be fun to game with you guys :mrgreen: Not to mention kick your ass at some ;-) Also wondering if you got any offers for more games? I have a few that you could borrow :)

Hey Hey - send me a message with what you're willing to bring and I'll have a chat to you

• DragonBearDragonBear Registered User regular
    #Danacyrus
    Due to my constantly changing arrangements I haven't bought my ticket yet but if I'm still in the city, I'm gonna be there!

Everyone.

BRING YOUR 3DS.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    only got a ds :(

This discussion has been closed.