As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Budgeting for PAX AUS

13»

• Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    DaCraw wrote: »
    You could always visit the post office on your way to the airport on Monday.

and many post offices are open Saturday.

the main GPO is open in melbourne but saturdays only and I'd rather be on the show floor than mailing stuff!

EDIT: Though my flight out doesn't leave till 2:15pm on monday so i may make it if i can.

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    And I'm sure alot of people would be happy to drop something off at a post office if you had it all packaged up ready to go.

• Options
    i have a 25kg checked in limit and i believe it's a 10kg limit for carry on with jetstar i think.

• Options
    vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    thegh0sts wrote: »
    i have a 25kg checked in limit and i believe it's a 10kg limit for carry on with jetstar i think.

The cheapest way to purchase checked baggage allowance is at the time of booking.

Select from 15kg to 40kg of checked baggage in 5kg increments, per passenger, per flight.

Adding checked baggage after booking costs more at the airport, over the phone and through My Jetstar online.

For Jetstar - (Allow two items) Weight of Carry-on and Personal Item: 15 lb / 7 kg

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    when i booked the flight i think i allowed for 15kg going to melb and 20kg on the way back.

EDIT: i was thinking of dumping my carry on in my checked in luggage cos i don't want to have 2 bags while i make my way to the airport but plan to take out the carry on before i check in of course.

EDIT2: it's only 7kg for certain flights. if your flight is called BL XX (being the number) then it's 7kg. my flight is JQ 35 so it means i have a limit of 10kg.
    To avoid delays when flying, here are a few simple carry-on baggage requirements we ask our customers to follow: For our Starter Fares (including Plus and Max bundles) you are permitted one main item of carry-on baggage and one other small item, with a total combined weight of up to 10kg. For Jetstar Pacific flights (BL) passengers, the total combined weight is 7kg. If you bring too many carry-on items to the departure gate, staff will insist that they be checked in and charges may apply.

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/planning-and-booking/baggage/carry-on-baggage

thegh0sts on
  • Options
    JapandamanJapandaman Registered User regular
    FPFr0sty wrote: »
    well the deal PAX has setup will go all the way till the event I think.. I mean, if you can get in.. go to crown towers, and stay there, not only great hotel, but its just by the river, etc. (oh, and all you need to take is 2 trams to get to PAX)

Crown Towers?? Pricey as!!