As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Transformers Movie Thread

1707172737476»

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    No you're not.

DarkPrimus on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, I was out doing my bi-weekly search for Ironhide, when I came across this instead:

brawl.jpg

These people are going to fucking bankrupt me.

So how badass is he?
    I'm tempted...if I ever actually see one.
    I've been holding off on the deluxe version thinking I might get the big guy.
    I've also held off on Optimus, I want the Nightwatch repaint for some strange reason. I also haven't picked up Starscream or Ratchet, waiting on the target G1 repaints. This is strange, I usually hate repaints.

Accualt on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't really want Leader Class Prime. His proportions bother me- the torso's too big, and the legs are too short. There's also way too much stuff hanging off of his body. I know the toys won't be nearly as neat as the Transformers in the movie, but I feel they could do a much better job with Optimus' toy.

Actually, a big help might be ditching the electronic automorph feature. What kind of batteries does it take, AA? AAA? That's a fairly big, regular rectangle of space in the torso that doesn't absolutely need to be there.

Also, I want them to make an Optimus Prime with the sword.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited August 2007
    Accault:

Nightwatch Optimus Prime is going to be an Argos exclusive.

Argos is a UK chain store.

Good luck getting one for a decent price.

DarkPrimus on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    I don't really want Leader Class Prime. His proportions bother me- the torso's too big, and the legs are too short. There's also way too much stuff hanging off of his body. I know the toys won't be nearly as neat as the Transformers in the movie, but I feel they could do a much better job with Optimus' toy.

Actually, a big help might be ditching the electronic automorph feature. What kind of batteries does it take, AA? AAA? That's a fairly big, regular rectangle of space in the torso that doesn't absolutely need to be there.

Also, I want them to make an Optimus Prime with the sword.

The batteries are actually VERY cleverly stored in his fuel tanks. Also Leader Prime is quite honestly one of the best Transformers I've ever owned. I highly recommend him.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    So, I was out doing my bi-weekly search for Ironhide, when I came across this instead:

brawl.jpg

These people are going to fucking bankrupt me.

So how badass is he?
    I'm tempted...if I ever actually see one.
    I've been holding off on the deluxe version thinking I might get the big guy.
    I've also held off on Optimus, I want the Nightwatch repaint for some strange reason. I also haven't picked up Starscream or Ratchet, waiting on the target G1 repaints. This is strange, I usually hate repaints.

Very badass. The only problem is, I'm officially out of space, and need to come up with something new to store everything.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm so impressed by my Leader Class (that's the biggest transforming figure you can get?) Optimus.

Imagine trying to design that thing in CAD. Makes me want to curl up into a ball and rock myself to sleep.

devoir on
    edited August 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Imagine trying to design that thing in CAD. Makes me want to curl up into a ball and rock myself to sleep.

From what I know, at least some of them do the designs entirely on graph paper and the dimensions from there are used to create the first sculpt.

DarkPrimus on
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I saw the original G1 Optimus Prime in a collector store last week.

I mean the original one from the 80s, in metal, with the trailer. The one I played with when I was a kid.

It was for sale at $300 CND.

So does this mean I should take mine off the top of our fridge and put it somewhere safer?

Bolthorn on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So exactly which of the new transformers figures are considered the best? I bought the Bumblebee ('70s) and Barricade two-pack, and I was thoroughly impressed. Bumblebee is ok in car mode, but is amazingly cool looking and articulate in robot mode. Barricade is somewhat the opposite, decent robot mode but very cool car mode.

I'm tempted to get the new Bumblebee too, because I hear it's great, but what else it out there that's really cool? And by cool, I mean you enjoy looking at them, posing them, and transforming them when bored :)

Zenitram on
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zenitram wrote: »
    So exactly which of the new transformers figures are considered the best? I bought the Bumblebee ('70s) and Barricade two-pack, and I was thoroughly impressed. Bumblebee is ok in car mode, but is amazingly cool looking and articulate in robot mode. Barricade is somewhat the opposite, decent robot mode but very cool car mode.

I'm tempted to get the new Bumblebee too, because I hear it's great, but what else it out there that's really cool? And by cool, I mean you enjoy looking at them, posing them, and transforming them when bored :)

Ironhide is my favorite. Both his robot and alt modes are fantastic, though he's somewhat difficult to transform back into a truck. He's pretty well articulatable and he just looks badass sitting around pointing his wrist guns at things.

My second favorite is Barricade. He's easy to transform and as mentioned his car mode is flawless.

Blackout and Jazz tie. Blackout should really be a leader class, he's supposed to be huge. The way he transforms is rather clever, but he sits like a statue. Not articulatable at all.
    I rather like Jazz, he's simple to transform and he looks damn cool. Only problem is you have to detach his trunk to transform him properly. I lost his trunk before I even got home with the figure.

I don't like Starscream much but that's just my opinion based on how he looks. He's top-heavy in robot mode and he's got appendages all tucked under an airplane top in alt mode.

I'm not sure I'll drop the cash on Optimus, but I'm actively looking for a Concept Bumblebee to no avail.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
    edited September 2007
    Two new additions today:
    ironmegs.jpg

All that's left (short of new releases) is Concept Bumblebee.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's not Voyager Megatron, is it? I didn't even think they were making a Voyager Megatron.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited September 2007
    Yes they are but as you can see he has a bunch of dumb ice shit on him that you can't remove.

There is a "metallic repaint" of him coming out at some unspecified time that looks a lot better, but it will no doubt be a store exclusive.

I got Ironhide a couple days ago but I haven't had the chance to open him yet. D:

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Yes they are but as you can see he has a bunch of dumb ice shit on him that you can't remove.

There is a "metallic repaint" of him coming out at some unspecified time that looks a lot better, but it will no doubt be a store exclusive.

I got Ironhide a couple days ago but I haven't had the chance to open him yet. D:

Still looks a hell of a lot better than the Leader Class Megs though.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited September 2007
    I got my first look at Ultimate Bumblebee tonight, and I suddenly find myself wondering if I can convince my wife $80 on a toy is a reasonable expenditure.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited September 2007
    My friend bought it. The doors are a bitch, but aside from that it's pretty damn awesome.

devoir on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, not only is the DVD release next month, but did anybody hear about the IMAX release coming in a few weeks? It's supposed to have more footage than the original release, plus it's in, you know, IMAX.

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited September 2007
    I hadn't heard about the DVD release. That's nice to know.

What are some of the upcoming plans for the toys? I saw a G1 repaint of Jazz the other day (same time as the Ultimate Bumblebee). Any upcoming Leader class or Voyager class ones? Can I finally be done?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited September 2007
    With the TF toys being so scarce right now, the figures that were slated to appear in early 08 probably won't show up until even later.:?

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2007
    What ones were slated for '08?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited September 2007
    They are movie-styled figures, but are going to be released under "Battle for the Allspark" or some similar slogan, rather than just being marketed as Transformers: The Movie figures. I know there is an Autobot remold of Blackout, a Cliffjumper repaint of the 08 Bumblebee, and a few Decepticons based on military vehicles that are in the line, but I don't know what the full line up will be.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2007
    Apparently it's some 2 minutes more footage in the Imax version.

devoir on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    only 2 minutes huh? Is that footage in 3D? I'll probably end up seeing it in IMAX anyway, just because it's fucking IMAX which means giant screen and better sound system, but still it'd be pretty cool if it was 3D

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    In other glorious 80s robot action news...

Warner Bros is going to make a fucking ROBOTECH movie!!! To me, this is bigger than Transformers as Robotech had a storyline equal to Star Wars and was way ahead of its time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i1f2de64a1d24bd5585bf89b0691d2011

LondonBridge on
    edited September 2007
    ... It has Tobey Macguire in it and producing it... I don't know how that makes me feel.

devoir on
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    ... It has Tobey Macguire in it and producing it... I don't know how that makes me feel.

Meh, he is a talented actor so thats a plus. I am expecting a lot of changes just like they did with Transformers and in the end, still make it appealing to its fans and the mainstream audience.

LondonBridge on
    edited September 2007
    I suppose.

I guess I'm just a little coloured by my disappointment in Spider-Man 3. In many ways, I guess my disappointment had little to do with his acting ability but how it was employed by the production as a whole, if anything.

devoir on