As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I have an idea for a Phalla, based on a super secret theme that would give away everything. Giganticus and I were supposed to host it together, but he seems to have gone AWOL.
    I still see him on gtalk from time to time.

Dynagrip on
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have some pretty good ideas for a Phalla that I'd like to run, but I'd prefer to have a co-host to help keep track of things like voting. I can't really go into details because that would give a lot of it away, but I assure you it's fucking awesome.

MrBallbaggins on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I have an idea for a Phalla, based on a super secret theme that would give away everything. Giganticus and I were supposed to host it together, but he seems to have gone AWOL.
    I still see him on gtalk from time to time.
    He doesn't like me. :cry:

Hacksaw on
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    After some serious thought, I officially sign up for to host a phalla. It's based off of the NIN Year Zero ARG and is bad as fuck. If anyone would like to volunteer to help out with narrations or tweeking of the special roles then drop me a PM. Even if not, though, I'm good to go. It can handle about 50-60 players, maybe more if people are interested or less if they're not.

MrBallbaggins on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I should be ready to go by the 23rd. I've got all the mechanics finalized, and enough ideas for the narrations that even if they're not done by the time the game starts I should be able to just wing them( a time honored Phalla tradition ). I'll start a signup thread on the 20th or 21st.

Cantide on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Add me to the list. I haven't got a theme yet, but with as long as the list is, I ought to by the time I get closer to the top. It'll probably be ~40 players.

Nerissa on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I will likely need someone to help me run my Phalla. I do not know how I will be doing in terms of free time next Fall.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    If you'd like to update my entry, the game I'm running will be Internet Forum-themed. It will house 40-60 players, adjustable depending on demand, and it will be... a little different.

I think it'll be fun, though.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What's a good ratio for a small game of bad guys to good guys? We're talking to 12-14 players here, with a single seer.

Casual Eddy on
    edited August 2007
    What's a good ratio for a small game of bad guys to good guys? We're talking to 12-14 players here, with a single seer.

If the only powers the good guys get is seer, go with 3 bad guys. This assumes one kill per night. In a vanilla game, a good rule of thumb is 20-25% bad guys.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thanks!

Casual Eddy on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    If you'd like to update my entry, the game I'm running will be Internet Forum-themed. It will house 40-60 players, adjustable depending on demand, and it will be... a little different.

Bitch, I was gonna do that. D:

Aldo on
    edited August 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Bitch, I was gonna do that. D:
    That's true, I hadn't noticed. Aldo has already called that theme.

Although I think the theme "forums" is generic enough to yield two different narratives. And the important thing is the gameplay mechanics; if the two games are different and interesting enough, I don't think people will care about the repeated theme.

On the other hand, giving the two of you Nerf bats and having you fight to the death for a Phalla theme could be entertaining. I think we should do that.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    That's true, I hadn't noticed. Aldo has already called that theme.

Although I think the theme "forums" is generic enough to yield two different narratives. And the important thing is the gameplay mechanics; if the two games are different and interesting enough, I don't think people will care about the repeated theme.

On the other hand, giving the two of you Nerf bats and having you fight to the death for a Phalla theme could be entertaining. I think we should do that.
    Myeah, we already have had VH's and DA's phalla and there was a Phalla++ in SE++.

And me vs Doc would be like David vs Goliath. :?

Aldo on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, sci-fi themes are pretty popular lately. :o

Tentatively, my theme is:

Choose Your Own Phalla.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Choose Your Own Phalla.

Seriously? Is this like "Choose Your Own Adventure"? If so, I would like to politely request that you remove your mind-reading machine from my room, kthx.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited August 2007

Choose Your Own Phalla.

Seriously? Is this like "Choose Your Own Adventure"? If so, I would like to politely request that you remove your mind-reading machine from my room, kthx.

That would be correct.

Also: 50 words only? What were you thinking?

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Choose Your Own Phalla.

That would be correct.

You can say that again. Though that could've been just to make it difficult.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Choose Your Own Phalla.

That would be correct.

I figured the role had the potential to be abused, so I thought I'd restrict it a bit. It was definitely one of the least effective roles, though. I've already apologized publicly to cj for the way I handled it.

On topic, I had an idea for a sort of group CYOA in ODaM. It's not a phalla, really, but I might do it in lieu of a mini-Phalla. Although this is really weird, because I was considering making a CYOA mini-phalla just this past weekend.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited August 2007
    I'm not married to this theme, but it was the best example of branching story paths I could think of so far. It would be deliberately disjointed, since the narrations would be based on the results of votes from all the players.

tuxkamen on

• ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm interested in running a phalla, but I'm not interested in the year and a half waiting list.

Literally guys, if we do one a month we are booked up through February of 2009.

Shinto on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Even with one going every week and a half(more or less) in ODaM, it's still more or less a year's wait to the last game by my estimation.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2007
    You could always host in SE++.

...what?

tuxkamen on

edited August 2007
    You could always host in SE++.

...what?
    They're pretty rad. As long as your good-guy specials don't get banned. <_<

Aldo on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Even with one going every week and a half(more or less) in ODaM, it's still more or less a year's wait to the last game by my estimation.

Someone who cares more should track the actual results though. I though we had a fare amount of churn with people pushing themselves lower on the list or passing on their turn so I don't think it's quite as long as that. It is still fairly silly.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2007
    I just noticed that I was apparently bumped.

Interesting.

ElJeffe on
    edited September 2007
    I just noticed that I was apparently bumped.

Interesting.
    No, you were next in line after me and Shinto. The non-Phalla games don't count because they can be run at the same time as Phalla games. And I won't be running my debate competition anytime soon anyway on account of I'm still missing two questions and I've got too much damn work right now.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2007
    Oh.

Well.

Nevermind then.

I may need to swap places with someone, on account of my wife potentially giving birth any time now. Like, she could jump into labor before I finish this post. Or it could be a month. Gimme a day to figure out what's what.

ElJeffe on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Are Elk and Cel going to be ready to go next?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

Negative.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »

Negative.
    Alright then, thorgot, looks like you're up. When do you think you'll be able to get it started?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2007
    Still not ready for that Debate, I take it? :P

Also, may as well throw me on the list for a Phalla. I've been meaning to do one here.

Tentatively, Etrian Odyssey-themed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited October 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Still not ready for that Debate, I take it? :P

Also, may as well throw me on the list for a Phalla. I've been meaning to do one here.

Tentatively, Etrian Odyssey-themed.
    I've got a pretty full schedule right now and no ideas for the last two questions. And I want my debate competition to actually end, unlike some other debate competition we won't name :P

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    speaking for thorgot here since i'm co-hosting with him, we're just about ready, so it will be sometime early next week.

Unknown User on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    actually to correct myself, signups will be soon, game will start later in the week (thorgot is busy until wednesday)

Unknown User on
    edited October 2007
    So hey, how about those non-phalla games scheduled to start around now?

Aldo on
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    So hey, how about those non-phalla games scheduled to start around now?
    Like I keep telling people, I just don't have time to host the debate competition right now, and I'm still short some questions. I haven't seen redx around the forum in forever. So if Marx or Feral want to pick up the torch, they're up.

Actually, I'll split the game list in two to make it clearer.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Like I keep telling people, I just don't have time to host the debate competition right now, and I'm still short some questions. I haven't seen redx around the forum in forever. So if Marx or Feral want to pick up the torch, they're up.

Actually, I'll split the game list in two to make it clearer.
    Redx has been in [chat] today. <_<>_>

Aldo on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I can whip up the rules to a Nomic game pretty easily this weekend so I might be able to start one next week, but I want to give Marx a chance to chime in first.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    I can whip up the rules to a Nomic game pretty easily this weekend so I might be able to start one next week, but I want to give Marx a chance to chime in first.
    Go right ahead. I'm not prepared right now

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions