As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

191011121315»

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    OK, I'm going to put this game on hold, there's too much lag (on average 500ms) and with the guild all quiet and stuff I don't even know what I can do. I know Twilight Village is supposed to be the important instance to do, but I never see anyone LFGing for it. If they ever bother improving latency then I can come back and find an active guild I guess.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm about done with this too. There are sooo many foreign players that the lag makes it impossible to enjoy pvp fights. I got lost on both my school and main story line quests and I can't figure out where to pick either one back up. Meh..

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Quick question for anyone that might know or still plays the game. I'm only making like 1liang per kidnap. Is the amount you make determined by how far you take the kidnapped person?

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Quick question for anyone that might know or still plays the game. I'm only making like 1liang per kidnap. Is the amount you make determined by how far you take the kidnapped person?

Kidnapping jumps up to ~15 unbound for VIP. Otherwise around 1 is what you'll get for normal. There is apparently a modifier for the level of the player and how long they've been offline, but I've never seen it make much of a difference.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    its determined on if you're VIP or not. at least as far as I know. I'm a VIP and I get ranged from 300wen(very unlikely) to 15 liang.

PoolCue on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well that sucks. Unfortunately I'm beginning to feel like I should just swap back over gw2. I almost feel like I'm being punished for not sub'ing which stinks because this game has some really awesome stuff going for it. Also this server lag is driving me insane

E: italics overload

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    Honestly, the real money maker is in either crafting as a tailor/blacksmith and selling your wares or script stealing.

The problem is script stealing on blue dragon involves you trying to fight for scripts against the big league max levelers which isn't very fun when you get caught. I'd imagine it'd be a lot more manageable if you were playing on the newly released servers.

• Options
    My hope is that trudging through it will eventually pay off. I guess finding a guild might also help me enjoy my time a little more.

• Options
    Get a guild so you can ask questions to the players who have been with the game longer.

Disassemble whatever low level armor/weapons you can get your hands on (a lot of early ones cannot be disassembled, mind) and make the upgrade items from them. Those are in high demand and in ChengDu you can normally sell them to player shops for anything between 150W and 300W each. Later on the fruits of your crafting labour will be worth more than the disassembly material. The whole economy relies on the weekly script stealing event, if someone can get their hands on a particularly rare one they can just sell it for 1D and never have to worry about money again. It's kind of annoying for everyone who can't play during the very specific window of opportunity (it takes about 10 minutes, apparently) or isn't high level enough to be able to survive for more than a split second.

I wouldn't mind all of the above as much if I wasn't dealing with 500ms lag all the time.

• Options
    Is the PA guild pretty much a ghost-town? If so, can anyone recommend a guild worth looking into?

• Options
    If you're on SomethingAwful, their GoonTangClan is the biggest guild on the server. Dunno anything about other guilds. The PA guild still has people online, but it's not as active as before.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Best feature in any game ever. I was just taking some screenshots when I got a system prompt informing me that someone who I'd put a bounty on previously for ganking me while my character was auto-pathing had been caught and put in prison, and if I'd like a free teleport to go "visit" them in jail.

You can imagine what fun that provides.
    :twisted:

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Welp, sorry I won't be able to give more new information about Wushu or Snail products. We just had a wave of layoffs.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    Sad...sorry Spaniard.

• Options
    Welp, sorry I won't be able to give more new information about Wushu or Snail products. We just had a wave of layoffs.

Well fuck, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I hope you find something new soon.

It's kind of silly, but I feel bad for me not playing the game any more now, you've really convinced me and other people to give this game a fair try and show us what exciting stuff we could be doing that wasn't obvious at first.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Augh, that's terrible :(

Just when I re-upped, too.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HIM IF YOU'D RE-UPPED SOONER! NOW SPAN IS DESTITUTE AND LIVING WITH HOBOS AND ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM BEING MURDERED FOR HIS REALLY NICE SHOES

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HIM IF YOU'D RE-UPPED SOONER! NOW SPAN IS DESTITUTE AND LIVING WITH HOBOS AND ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM BEING MURDERED FOR HIS REALLY NICE SHOES
    They are nice shoes... *mutters with a pouty face*

• Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    I finally uninstalled, the gold spam chat was simply out of control to the point that it harms the game and generally unhelpful community, at least from the times I tried to get people interested in doing quests or tasks, got the best of me.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    Giving away Age of Wushu and Black Gold stuff in this thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27193162/#Comment_27193162

• Options
    New free expansion coming, with tons of new features and content: http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/mount_hua_topics/

No mention of fixing lag issues, though. :(

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    So, anybody still playing this at all? I've had the vague urge to get my kung fu on after hearing about how there was some massive update or something, but while the Something Awful thread seems pretty active this one seems pretty dead at the moment. The game's not dead or something is it?