As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dresden Files RPG: Low Profile IC

1234568»

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    "Spiders never have bothered me. This'll do just fine. Thanks David." Francis spent a little time sweeping up the floor. After the floor was clear, he drew three connected chalk circles. Inside one he set the items given to him by the parents. Inside the second he set a map of DC, with a small tripod holding up a pencil suspended from a length of string. The third was large enough for him to sit in.

Francis gathered his will and marshaled his thoughts. There would only be one chance. "Atrast. Izsekot. Atrast Pazudušos Bērnus," He intoned. The words guided his thoughts and shaped the magic. The pencil jerked once ... twice. Then it moved smoothly over the map, making markings as it went. Each mark should coincide to the location of each missing child, guided by the link between each child and his or her favored item.
    Let's go for the full 3 shifts in one roll. Ok, here we go. Discipline: 4dF+5 7

There we go. Spell cast.

steam_sig.png
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Francsi

As the pencil hovered across the map it marked the same spot over and over again until the location had been crisscrossed with a series of grey leaden hatch marks. When the pencil finally stopped moving Francis stared down at the map sighed with frustration.

"That can't be right."

"What's wrong?" David said from somewhere behind him. He'd been quiet while Francis had been performing his spell.

Francis traced his finger in the air just to double check the address pinpointed by his spell. "According to this all of the missing kids should be here."

Something tore through the circle and Francis spun around just in time to see David standing over him holding his mace over his head. "Sounds right to me!"
    Weapons 4d6+4 3

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • CalaCala Registered User regular
    Ethan tries to put on a reassuring face as he speaks to the van driver. "Look, as it currently is, you and your compatriots failed to kill us so your employer is not going to be happy about that regardless. If you tell me who sent you though, I can get you protection and I'll go after this guy personally. Doesn't that sound a lot better than having to constantly watch your back while in prison?"
    Rapport: 4dF+3 3

• Dread__CthulhuDread__Cthulhu Registered User regular
    George braked the car to a stop, watching Ethan and the van driver talk.

He leaned over to Autumn, "Just for future reference, do *you* know how to drive??"

Ethan and George

The driver chewed his bottom lips nervously and then words started spilling out of him in a rush. "Alright, a guy named Caine hired us, but we were only paid to kill the girl. Caine said he wanted to send a message to her boss or something."

Autumn shook her head. "Driving always made me nervous. I blew out the engine in my parent's minivan when I tried to get my driver's license. You did an excellent job though."
    Rapport 4d6 1

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Ethan put on the meanest 'I can look into your soul' type stare he could manage as he continued to grill the driver.

"What else do you know about Caine? What were you supposed to do after you killed the girl? How were you supposed to let him know and how were you going to get paid? Things might go easier for you from this point on the more you're willing to co-operate."

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Francis dodged back from David's assault but David kept coming with his mace strikes aimed at Francis's head. "David! What the hell?" Francis shouted.

"If. You'd. Just. Stop. Moving. this would be. Over soon." David ground out, punctuating his words with powerful swings of the mace.

Francis smiled, "Yeah, that would make this easier for you, wouldn't it?" The wizard waited until David overcommitted to a swing, stepped inside his reach and Francis drove his fist into David's gut.

With David gasping, Francis had a few seconds to think. "I call timeout. Iekalt Važās!" He shouted. The words called to the magic within, gave it power and purpose. Roiling chains of water burst from Francis's outstretched palm, slammed into David's arms and legs. The force pushed him back and pinned him against the basement wall.

Francis stalked towards his friend, "Now, howsabout you tell me what's up?"
    Fists (Blocking Mace): 4dF+2 5 No Stress inflicted.

Trying a 7 shift (5 strength - 2 exchange persistence) Block(against him moving) spell. Discipline (Controlling 7 shift Defensive spell): 4dF+7 7

Marking 2 mental stress.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Francis

David remained pinned to the basement wall struggling against the force of the water that was pinning him there but it was no good. It was like trying to swim against and undertow, and if he kept that up all he'd manage to do would be exhaust himself. "I think not."

Swinging his mace shouldn't have been possible, but David managed to part the water with the iron head of the weapon like Moses parting the red sea. Francis felt his spell being shattered as the mace swept through the water spilling it over the floor taking David with it.
    Weapons (To break Francis's water spell) 4d6+4 6 and since that is effectively an 8 since the mace counts as a Weapon: 2 Ethan manages to break free. Doing this took a pretty big push on his part though so Francis gets another chance to do something before he can do anything else.

Ethan and George

"I don't know anything, the guy just started showing up at this bar I hang out at a few weeks back. He hooked us up with drugs and the guns, we were supposed to get a picture of the body to prove that we did her. We were going to meet up at the bar after the job to get paid. He's probably waiting for us there right now." The driver ran his hands through the sparse hair on his head. "He told us he'd hook us up with some more Ambrosia after we did the little bitch."

Nick and Li Mei

"Look whatever you guys want I can make that happen alright? Drugs, cash, anything you want just name it. I can hook you up!" The biker sounded frantic and his voice echoed loudly in the dark parking lot even as the storm tried to drown away his words.
    Can I get an Alertness check from Nick and Li Mei please?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Sakutian wrote: »

Ethan and George

"I don't know anything, the guy just started showing up at this bar I hang out at a few weeks back. He hooked us up with drugs and the guns, we were supposed to get a picture of the body to prove that we did her. We were going to meet up at the bar after the job to get paid. He's probably waiting for us there right now." The driver ran his hands through the sparse hair on his head. "He told us he'd hook us up with some more Ambrosia after we did the little bitch."

George reached over and took out the sawed-off shotgun out of the bag and motioned Autumn to follow him, as he got out of the car and approached Ethan and the goon.

"What's the good word, Ethan? He talking, or should I knee-cap him to prime the pump?"

Ethan turned to look at George as he approached. "Nah, I think we're good. I've got enough for now and it sounds like he doesn't know terribly much anyways."

Ethan looks again at the driver. "So which bar is this where Caine's waiting for you? I think we'll have to pay him a nice visit. It's just standard procedure for me whenever someone tries to have me killed."

Upon getting an answer, Ethan proceeds to call the local police and lets them know there's one guy to take into custody and 2 bodies left on the highway.

edited May 2013
    Ethan, George, Li Mei, and Nick

While she found the sight of the biker begging for their forgiveness entertaining Li Mei was already growing bored with him. So when she noticed the muzzle of a rifle being pointed at her through one of the bar's filthy windows she greeted the new entertainment. Nick saw the gun too, not that it would have been easy to miss.

Shots tore through the parking lot, one of them winging the man on his knees along the way. A chorus of gunfire quickly filled the air as more rifles shattered the windows and began firing.

With Ethan at the wheel of their battered sedan he and George pulled around the corner just in time to her the ringing echo of gunfire. Autumn put her head in her hands as she crouched down in her seat. "Please tell me we aren't going towards the people who are trying to shoot someone."
    Gunshots
    Targeting Li Mei 4d6+2 2
    Targeting Nick 4d6+2 1
    Targeting Li Mei 4d6+2 2
    Targeting Nick 4d6+2 3
    Targeting Li Mei 4d6+2 4
    Targeting Nick 4d6+2 3

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Ethan shot a quick glance and a grin at Autumn's direction. "Why not? I mean, my track record's pretty good so far! I've gotten shot at by 3 people today, fought a swordsman empty handed, and jumped between 2 vehicles on a highway. With luck like that, what's the worst that could happen?"

Rounding the corner, Ethan sped towards the gunfire.

Spotting Nick and Li Mei, he stopped the car next to them so that they could take cover behind it.

"Fancy meeting you two here! Is this a private event or can anyone join this shindig?" Ethan yelled out as he crouched lower into his seat and drew his gun once again.

Taking a deep breath, Ethan trained his sights on one of the gunmen and took aim.

Francis didn't know what was going on.

But this wasn't the first time somebody'd come after him swinging a weapon. Heck, it wasn't the first time this week.

He dodged a few clumsy swings before his right fist shot out, curving in and up towards David's left side.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    Francis

"I see someone finally taught you to throw a decent punch." David sidestepped Francis's punch like a twirling ballerina spinning around and swinging and adding some extra momentum to the next swing of his mace.
    Atheltics 4d6+3 5
    Weapons 4d6+4 1

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The sudden outbreak of gunfire caught Li Mei off guard--but only a little. As the steel jacketed round smacked her pale skin the glamor dropped, revealing Li Mei's true nature; her angular features took on a more bestial mien, her golden hair grew wild and long, her monkey tail flicking wildly. With a cry sounding suspiciously like a "Yahoo!" she dodged the next two gunshots with grace and speed no mortal could ever hope to match, crossing the parking lot in a few short bounds. With a third and final leap she somersaulted through the window holding the gunman that managed to tag her, knocking him out of the way and off balance.

Landing lightly on the balls of her feet she shot out a palm and tagged the biker in the chest, pulling the air from his lungs. He'd definitely come away with a few cracked ribs. He fell to the ground gasping for air and Li Mei reflected that had she not timed the hit perfectly and measured her strength so precisely she might have crushed his lungs altogether.

Always one for theatrics, the Monkey Princess rose up into the neutral stance for Wing Chun and stared down the bar full of angry bikers. "Lai lai, don't be frightened, I'm barely five and a half feet tall! Grab any weapon you have, I'll take you all on!"
    Athletics (Dodging gunfire): 4dF+6 2 4dF+6 7 4dF+6 7

looks like Li Mei got hit with one, but since she has Armor:2 against all physical stress and it was a 0 shift hit she still takes no stress

dunno what the zones look like, i'm assuming there's a zone border from out here and inside the building which Li Mei should have no problem crossing

Fists (of Fury): 4dF+5 7 yikes, that's probably more than enough to take this guy out even if he rolls massively high athletics due to Li Mei's supernatural strength, so imma say he's taken out

Super Namicchi on
    George passed the 12 gauge back to Autumn. "If any of the bikers tries to get in, let him have it." With that, George ran behind Ethan, cursing him name under his breath the whole of the way.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    A bullet grazed Nick's arm, and that was it. The last straw. With a roar, Nick pulled off his shirt and charged at the front of the bar. The hole he left was a comfortable fit for the one ton bear.
    Bearform, go!

Break down the door!

Make a hole, people!: 4dF+8 8[/color]

Sakutian wrote: »
    Francis

"I see someone finally taught you to throw a decent punch." David sidestepped Francis's punch like a twirling ballerina spinning around and swinging and adding some extra momentum to the next swing of his mace.
    Atheltics 4d6+3 5
    Weapons 4d6+4 1

Francis grunted as he tried to deflect the mace, it worked, though he took the swing on his arm instead of the temple. He backed away, hoping David would follow.

He pulls out his wand, time to get serious. "Apturēt!!" Thick streams of water burst from Francis's wand. The magic molds them into spheres and they encase David's arms and legs, trying to hold him. Francis

Francis pointed his wand at the man he'd thought his friend, "Give it up David. I'm about out of patience. I don't want to hurt you."
    Fists (Blocking Mace): 4dF+2 0 So that's 1 less than David rolled. So 3 physical stress total. Marking off the 3 physical stress box.

Let's try another block. Because it might work this time. >.> Well, it might.

Discipline (Controlling 9 shift Defensive spell): 4dF+7 8 That's a Block strength of 6 and 3 exchange duration. Spending a Fate point to invoke my high concept: The Fabulous Francisco! Stage Wizard Extraordinaire! to make that a 10 and more than 9-shifts. Casting the spell causes me to mark off my 3-stress box for Mental.

steam_sig.png
    As the gunfire erupted around him, Ethan calmly glanced at the the muzzle flashes and shot at one of the bikers.
    Guns to shoot: 4dF+4 2

Going to invoke the aspect I created last round, Taking Aim to get a +2 to that roll and bring it to a total of 4.

Seeing George making his way towards him, Ethan commented "You know, you'd think I would be more worried about being in the middle of another firefight but maybe I'm just too exhausted from everything else that's happened today."

edited May 2013
    Ethan, Li Mei, Nick, and George

Autumn cocked the shotgun and followed George towards the bar ducking behind a pickup truck in the parking lot to avoid a hailstorm of bullets. Stray slugs bounced off of the dull red metal of the truck as Autumn shouted after George. "Someone really needs to tell them it's bad manners to shoot at a woman!"

Looking around at the people crowding the inside of the bar Li Mei knew at once that more than half of them weren't quite human. Aside from a few bikers wearing leather jackets and denim most of them emanated a sort power that belonged to another world. The hidden world. Her world. Most of them were armed with pistols and a few rifles, but they dropped their guns and leapt towards her with their bare fists. Guttural howls that sounded more like than baying of wolves than human voices filled the bar as they charged and a primal fury filled their eyes.

Nick tore through drywall, plaster, and sheetrock as though it were made of tissue paper and kept charging. When he smashed his way into the bar he knocked over a jukebox which shattered sending a collection of vinyl records smashing against the filthy floor along with it. The biker's who had been staring gape mouthed at Li Mei rounded on him with their guns raised.

"Holy shit is that a bear!"

"Shoot it!" Gunfire rose to deafen everyone within earshot as the biker's pelted Nick with bullets. Their fear had clearly caused their aim to suffer however.

One of the bikers dropped his gun and tried to escape through the hold Nick had just ripped open only to end up with slug in his stomach. Ethan watched the man fall over clutching his stomach blood spilling out freely between his fingers.
    The lycanthropes are going to try and make a dog pile on Li Mei. Fortunately their rolls were crap, since they have Inhuman Strength they inflict +2 stress when using their fists, but I think Li Mei's armor will cancel that out if any of them get in a lucky hit.

Lycanthrope attacks
    4d6+2 3
    4d6+2 2
    4d6+2 2
    4d6+2 3
    4d6+2 1
    4d6+2 2

Biker's attacks
    4d6+2 1
    4d6+2 -2
    4d6+2 4

Biker Athletics
    4d6 1

Francis

"Oh no you wouldn't want to hurt poor David would you? No, not you, not the wizard who comes to everyone's rescue." There was something wrong with David's voice when he spoke, his words echoed with a second voice that trembled beneath his own. David spat at Francis's feet the spittle hissing as it hit the cement floor. "That is what I think of your patience wizard."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    "What part of "stay in the car" didn't you understand???!" George rolled his eyes and ran towards the hole in the wall.

Autumn shouted after George. "When did I start listening to you George?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Li Mei was in her element. Fists flew and anger was palpable in the air, and in the middle of the tornado of violence Li Mei was calm and above all virtuous. Dodging and deflecting every strike that came her way, she let out a girlish laugh and drove inward past a clumsy swing for her own attack, striking center mass multiple times to bring the lycanthrope to the ground.

"One down, five more to go. Surely you can do better? There must be some martial skill in here somewhere!"
    Athletics (dodge): 4dF+6 7 4dF+6 4 4dF+6 6 4dF+6 6 4dF+6 2 4dF+6 6

easy peasy, even that roll of 2 is matched up against 1 so she manages to monkey dodge everything

Fists (of Fury): 4dF+5 7 dunno what these guys have for Athletics and Stress here, but we're looking at some serious damage; 11 shifts at a 0 athletics. i'm gonna go ahead and apply a taken out result to one of them since there's six

it would be helpful to have their athletics so i could roll for em in the future

Hey all of the goons have an Athletics of +0. Their talents lie in hurting people and ganging up on innocent folks.

Also, that 11 will take one of them out for sure.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Watching the violence around him escalating, Ethan yelled out "Surrender peacefully and I promise you no one else will get hurt!" Ethan waited a heartbeat before he had to flinch away from a bullet that nearly grazed his ear.

He heard one of the bikers yell out an expletive that somehow involved his mother, a plunger, and some cinnamon. "Well, that's not very nice. Creative, but not very nice."

Ethan continued to fire back to put an end to this shoot out.
    Guns to shoot: 4dF+4 3

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    With a roar, the Nick-bear rears back and brings one of his mighty paws down.
    Bear slap: 4dF+5 7. Ouch! +2 for Claws, and another +2 for Supernatural Strength, so 11 shifts of pain and suffering.

edited May 2013
    Francis paused and his eyes widened. Could David be possessed or influenced by something?

He reached down and opened up his third eye, seeing the world as it truly was.

He looked squarely at David, taking his measure.
    Jumping ahead and making the Lore roll to interpret what Francis sees with the Sight (to avoid holding up the game): Lore (Assessing the Sight): 4dF+3 3

Does using the Sight in this way get the +1 from the Arcane Senses effect of The Sight power? I don't think so, but that 3 is my unmodified Lore.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    George completed his run to the bar, only to stand almost in awe of the combat prowess of his companions, then ducked for cover, cursing his broken arm.