As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Strip Search] now with free range spoilers

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    After the show is over, I want to see Mike going up against the winner.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    mcp wrote: »
    Judged by all the eliminated contestants.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    Judged by all the eliminated contestants.
    All the eliminated contestants in the stands heckling the whole time too.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, Abby's comic is funny as shit.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    good cat comic

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A really comical shit, that is. Perhaps one in the shape of a very funny comic.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Abby uber alles

• Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    I was shocked by Tavis' comic. He's shown himself to be a much stronger contender before now, but that comic was really bad. I think the joke he was going for would have been a lot better if he had included another panel or two.

People who post comics on youtube are insane. I wanted to flip a table and slam my head on the desk at the same time.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    While I was always sold on Abby as hilarious, I was never really sold on Abby as an artist.

Then I checked out her tumblr.
    tumblr_mn5kguWqNd1rfaliro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mn630aoqip1rfaliro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mn3seamJUY1rfaliro1_1280.jpg

Lady got skills.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yeah, her comic art style is a reflection of the amount of time she has to devote to making comics while still working and going to school (which makes it very well suited to the elimination strips)

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Abby is probably the toughest person to go up against in the elimination stage I think. She is perfectly dialed in to the type of humor that Mike and Jerry love.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    That mecha-mouse one reminds me of Invader Zim.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fiz wrote: »
    I was shocked by Tavis' comic. He's shown himself to be a much stronger contender before now, but that comic was really bad. I think the joke he was going for would have been a lot better if he had included another panel or two.

Someone linked to a post of his about today's show. He said that his mind just went blank and he was drawing trying to desperately think of a joke.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Someone linked to a post of his about today's show. He said that his mind just went blank and he was drawing trying to desperately think of a joke.

Yo.

That was me.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I love that Abby not only managed to produce an excellent strip within the time limit, not only did it with pen and paper (which I would imagine is generally slower than drawing on a computer), not only did it right after spending an hour tiring her hands out making what looked like way more signatures than everybody else, but also did it fast enough that she could just relax and munch some snacks before the 90 minutes were up.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I am totally cool with whoever wins this. That's a pretty good space for a reality show to be in.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

That makes sense. When they showed his comic, I kept waiting for them to scroll over to show the rest of it.

Theatre and Cats was such a wild draw. What are the odds? I am glad she didn't stick with that first word, since the 90 minutes would probably have been Mike singing Memory

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Abby is probably the toughest person to go up against in the elimination stage I think. She is perfectly dialed in to the type of humor that Mike and Jerry love.
    Funny type

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Today is my birthday. This is acceptable.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Something that occurred to me about the judging: unless I'm forgetting something, Mike and Jerry have yet to disagree on an elimination. They've had difficult choices, but in the end they always come down on the same side. It makes sense, given the way they work together, but it also removes some of the potential for conflict. I wonder if, in future seasons, they might expand the judging panel to include people with completely different senses of humour.

I feel like there was an early one where Jerry tried to argue a strip to Mike for a second before Mike shut him down. We also might just not see any disagreements they have on a strip. Could be edited out.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Early on, they showed tavis sketching his first panel, and I thought I saw where he was going. I imagjned a second panel with a black cat in headlights, third panel showing the cat unharmed reaching the sidewalk, and the fourth showing a huge accident in opposing traffic.

I was a bit sad when it wasn't like that.

I liked abbys comics, but I think I'm missing something from them, because everyone seems to like them a lot more.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I hadn't noticed that Tavis's car was a mouse until someone mentioned it here, and from the Hub thread, I finally worked out what Tavis said when he says "a giant cat playing with a [????] car".

It's "Truly Nolen": this.

wow this information makes the comic a lot better. I saw the mouse car while watching, but thought it was wierd thata mouse car existed in the first place. I wonder what areas Truly Nolen exist in. East coast probably? I've been in cali and hawaii and never saw one

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    the southwest I think. never seen one on the east coast

edit: http://www.trulynolen.com/locator/location-list.asp
    yeah, most are in Texas/Arizona/Florida, far from civilization

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    abby's new comic made me hunch over my desk laughing

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    She is a ferocious cookie eater.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Listening to a podcast talking about the show (That Thing You Like), and they're talking about the Erica/Abby elimination and I realized something I'd missed before - Mike & Jerry have both burst out laughing for both of Abby's comics now, and Abby's was the first to get that kind of reaction.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Mike against the winner in the final episode but before you see result it fades to black. That would be so... anime.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular

Holy shit, the one right before

I kinda realized I really wanted Abby to continue as soon as Jerry and Mike were about to decide between her and Erika, so I'm really happy to see her in the top 4. I hope she wins it.

• Options
    personally i think that abby is hands down the funniest artist of the group.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Langly when did you start masquerading as chico?

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    Langly when did you start masquerading as chico?

it's a Thomas was Alone theme which is a game that people should play.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

Holy shit, the one right before

I just now realized how much I love the phrase "so be it." It's so delightfully malevolent.
    beep beep meow

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I love this one

• Options
    The other artists make comics that make me go, `Hey, that's pretty neat. I like that.'

Abby's shit make me laugh.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love this one

After skimming through all of her comics, this one is my favourite. But there's a whole lotta gold in there.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
  • Options
    That's me, pretty much everyday, when I'm walking to work.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's like Abby's version of this:

1087535149_PNScU-L.jpg

• Options
    Honestly I think Mike and Jerry are impressed by good art, but if a comic makes them laugh uncontrollably they will pick that one hands-down over a well-drawn strip that's less funny

In that respect, Abby is fucking Tyson in the Strip Search ring, and the rest of them are amazing, but I feel like they should focus more on their jokes/writing or else they're going to have to watch their ears

• Options
    Incidentally, I love wonderful comics that make me smile instead of laugh out loud

But a comic that can make me guffaw is a pretty special thing; I guess I'm sort of jaded at this point

The only other two artists who have elicited the same reaction from me in comic form so far are Lexxy and Katie

This discussion has been closed.